Once Upon a Time

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This show is about fairy tales characters that we all learn about growing up who are stuck in real world after the evil queen cast a curse to the enchanted world. So, every episode there'll be a background story to different characters. The next episode on January 8 2012 will feature Rumpelstiltskin before he is the way he is now.

So, I'm here begging those of you who live in the US to watch this TV series because it's awesome. I really like it, so I hope promoting it in here can get some of you to get hooked on it, thus get the ratings up. My desperate way of making my favorite show stay for years!

This is the IMDB page:
Once Upon a Time (TV Series 2011) - IMDb

This is the promo to the Rumpelstiltskin episode:
Once Upon a Time 1x08 - "Desperate Souls" Promo (HD) - YouTube

This is the promo to the upcoming episodes in the new Year that will feature characters such as Red Riding Hood, Hensel and Gretel, the Seven Dwarves, etc.:
Once Upon a Time - New Year's Day Marathon Promo (HD) - YouTube

So, stay tune on January 8!!

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've been watching this since the season started. I think it's one of the best written and produced programs on television right now. It's also a good idea to watch the episodes a second time to pick up some of the subtleties (in the story or a character) you may have missed the first time. (there are many)

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I love this show! And I agree with nudie - it deserves a second watching in order to catch everything. I really do hope it sticks around.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Last edited:

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yeah, fairy tales are kinda for children but for some reasons, this is a very enjoyable thing to watch as an adult. Thanks guys for watching (I sound like I am a guy behind the show, but no, I just love it so much I want it to stick for years to come).

What's your favorite episode? For me, the latest one, where we learnt that the sheriff was the hunter, was the most enjoyable, although the other episodes were amazing as well...

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's a good idea. One of my favorite scenes so far was when the antagonist met with Maleficent to conspire that episodes dark and devious shenanigans. Maleficent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kristin Bauer - Once Upon A Time: Maleficent S01 EP02 - YouTube

I loooove Kristin! I love her in that one episode and I love her in True Blood!

I have been watching it and I like it, although sometimes in the fairytale land it gets a little cheesy for me

Well, if it looks cheesy, then it accomplishes its mission. :biggrin1:

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Loved the gal taking a chainsaw to the Evil Queen's apple tree ..........."you want War bitch!, bring it on"

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I like the show, but I have to agree with reviewer Kris LoPresto in HuffPo. UOAT is notable for its original premise and strong female leads, but it's looking desultory. Some episodes seem like they're just filling time rather than developing a strong backstory, while other episodes gallop along at an interesting pace. Overall though, it's not quite as tight as I'd enjoy. Sounds like some of the upcoming episodes may be interesting.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ISome episodes seem like they're just filling time rather than developing a strong backstory, while other episodes gallop along at an interesting pace. Overall though, it's not quite as tight as I'd enjoy. Sounds like some of the upcoming episodes may be interesting.

I agree with you, I wrote some of this off as trying to stay on a budget of what must be staggering productions costs. I had hoped that they would have filled the gap with smart dialogue and story development also but I'm still looking forward to the shows return after the short hiatus.

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
@gymfresh, the review quoted episode "The Sheperd" as an example that the show is stretching things out. I disagree, because although this show is set to have its own ultimate mission which is to save the world from the curse, but the main point to watch the show is to learn the backstory of each character. This is why we'll have the upcoming backstories for minor characters like the Magic Mirror and Grumpy, because all these backstories are what hook the audience up. We can't talk about saving the world from the curse every episode. In some episodes we just learnt about the characters, which can be equally interesting.

But it's my very biased opinion because I'm a huge fan of this show. I agree that sometimes this show asks too many questions while offers very few answers, but I am satisfied with the stories each episode offers. Who knows we might have a backstory for Sleepy? Or Jack & the beanstalk? Ain't it interesting?

I think that Kris guy who did the review was upset because David and Mary did not end up together. A lot of people (including me) were upset because of that. hehe

edit: And BTW, Henry ages because he's not originally from Storybrooke. Did this Kris guy even watch the same show?

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't know... I'm not impressed with season two so far. I feel like they really dumbed it down compared to last year. I'll give it a couple more chances but I'm having a deja-vu of what ABC did with Lost. The episode tonight should have been named "Hokey Pokey" as far I'm concerned.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think so many shows want to go on forever. I would prefer two solid years and it be epic. I like the show. Would like to see some of the kinder characters score some points in the fight.