One cannabis joint as bad as five cigarettes

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Probably five times as rewarding too, But please, don't shoot the messenger.

Most people do not add filtres to joints and use a full cigarette or plenty of rolling tobacco when making a joint. That is the problem - not the cannabis itself but the means of inhaling it.

This is why I don't mix it with tobacco - when smoking resin I use a pipe or bong - when smoking grass I smoke it neat. My other half smokes it mixed with tobacco - he coughs, I don't.

And of course you can always eat it / cook with it.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Good point Rubi - but again that's more a question of how much tobacco and not of how much cannabis. And does it say if they are talking grass or resin... that may make a difference too.

Hotrocker

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sure, one joint may contain as much tar and carcinogens as 5 cigs, but who smokes enough weed to equal a pack of cigs a day? Not many people. That would be a few blunts a day, and not many people I know do that... not even me. :p

And plus, smoking cigarettes is just plain horrible for you: period...

...at least weed has some benefits (reduced risk to alzheimers, increased long- term memory... and it helps with stress regardless of what its nay-sayers propose.) Check it out on Wikipedia... you'll see.

joejack

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yeah, and if you start smokin' weed, you'll soon move up to harder more addictive drugs such as nicotene, caffeine, and alchohol.:smokin:

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Interesting that only cigarette smokers were the only ones to get emphysema. Of course, that doesn't make nearly as good a headline :rolleyes:

It is also interesting that there are no recorded deaths of people who smoke weed. However, there is an incredibly high amount of deaths caused by ciggarettes.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As a resident right wing conservative idealogue, what's with all the fun police?

Pot is fun, period. I don't smoke anymore but when I did it was fun. One of the best sex sessions ever for me happened on weed. Obviously hallucinating I felt about 2 feet long and I judged in my mind I was hitting under my GFs ribcage with each thrust. The cool thing was, she felt exactly the same thing and got off like crazy. Every time after that we would flash back to that feeling so for at least a while, in my mind and hers I was about twice as large than Mandingo. Great fun.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Those studies are pathetic and PURE propaganda!!!! Tobacco is a carcinogenic plant containing Radium and Polonium in it's leaves. That's right... RADIUM And POLONIUM!!!! What is a great way to kill someone... hmmm... I would take as many old and used ashtrays I could from a bar and scrape off the tar and reduce it by boiling to a lethal, black resin that you could dip a dart into and just hit someone in the neck with it, or better yet, put it on a wire and jab it into the kidneys... this will KILL anyone with Nicotine poisoning being the cause of death revealed by an autopsy. YOU CANNOT DO THAT WITH MARIJUANA... I couldn't kill anyone with marijuana resin.

Marijuana is how I commune with God on a daily basis, cigarettes are poison... I will outlive ANY cigarette smoker with my daily marijuana use, plus pot smokers (who don't smoke cigarettes) usually expell the resin in their lungs as it is put in the body (not pretty! lol!), marijuna acts as an expectorant, tobacco just destroys and hampers the processes of the lungs. These cigarette comparison studies are a JOKE, they have absolutely NO merit!!!!!!!

Hotrocker

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Gotta disagree with you on that one hotstuff. Some of us just have addictive personalities.

True. But.....

I would still rather be mentally addicted to weed than chemically addicted to coke or some other chemically addicting drug (thats right, marijuana is not chemically addicting... so next time someone tells you that they cant quit smokin' pot because its made them addicted and they have to be weaned off to quit just like cigs, you can tell them that its in their head.)

And "hotstuff?" whoa, NJ... :wink: Dont go and make me hard, now.