One nation gathering of thousands of liberals in DC !!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cruztbone, Oct 3, 2010.

1. cruztbone

Gold Member

Basically said go to hell Glen Beck and reasserted the progressive agenda in America, to wit: 1. end the corporatocracy in America. 2. health care as a RIGHT not a privilege for all. 3. green energy and jobs in America . 4. religious tolerance and acceptance in America. 5. Freedom to marry for the LGBT population.
    peaceful, constructive positive interaction which refrained from demonizing people based on who they are.
    A lovely change from Glenbeckistan, the dictatorship of the miseducated, misinformed psedo-Christians. God bless the liberals. Jesus was a liberal.

2. cruztbone

Gold Member

and yes, it is spelled "pseudo". and it means phony or false. and that word describes Glen Beck perfectly.

3. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

[/QUOTE]Jesus was a liberal. [/QUOTE]

actually, no

What struck me most about it, was reactive it was (much like the last dance on the Titanic) to the Glen Beck event, and the surge of the Tea Party

And how betrayed "the Progressives" feel, given that the immigrant Muslim wasn't able to fulfill his promise of turning America into an insectoid collective:

"...Progressive blogger Jane Hamsher was harsher in her criticism of Obama. “This isn’t about GOTV,” she wrote on her blog. “It’s about setting up a narrative for who will take the blame for a disastrous election. And once again, the White House doesn’t care if they make matters worse in order to deflect responsibility from Obama….”
    She said Obama was engaged in “setting up a fall guy for November. The headline should really read: Obama Distances Himself From Democratic Voters.”... Progressives: Obama remarks are

Truly, the left is in disarray, and dancing as their Ship of Fools sinks ...

4. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Jesus was a liberal. [/QUOTE]

actually, no

What struck me most about it, was reactive it was (much like the last dance on the Titanic) to the Glen Beck event, and the surge of the Tea Party

And how betrayed "the Progressives" feel, given that the immigrant Muslim wasn't able to fulfill his promise of turning America into an insectoid collective:

"...Progressive blogger Jane Hamsher was harsher in her criticism of Obama. “This isn’t about GOTV,” she wrote on her blog. “It’s about setting up a narrative for who will take the blame for a disastrous election. And once again, the White House doesn’t care if they make matters worse in order to deflect responsibility from Obama….”
    She said Obama was engaged in “setting up a fall guy for November. The headline should really read: Obama Distances Himself From Democratic Voters.”... Progressives: Obama remarks are

Truly, the left is in disarray, and dancing as their Ship of Fools sinks ...

[/QUOTE]

To quote the OP, "Go to Hell, Glenn Beck".

5. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    The linked article above from msnbc.com referenced some comments by Darcy Burner and executive director of ProgressCongress.org who made (what I thought) some odd comments regarding the healthcare bill's public option, which she discribed as "a deal" cut by the Obama administration "to get rid of the public option". She later goes on to say that Gallup Poll data shows that "by a two to one margin, the people who don't like the health care bill said it didn't go far enough."

So what's the logic here? What's she justifying? Voting out the lawmakers who delivered "not enough" and replacing them with those who are sworn to repeal health care altogether??

That'd show 'em, wouldn't it?

6. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

Progressive's want a big government and pass more laws.:frown1:

7. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

And Conservatives also want big government... big enough to protect the riches of the top 2% and their money grubbing ways. Don't believe the hype one bit.

8. maxcok

Gold Member

Did you learn speak English from Tarzan?

9. Mensch1351

Gold Member

In the only other State that begins with "K"!
    before making any such statement, you might want to become familiar with what God requires, and compare that with the lib agenda

[/QUOTE]Jesus was a liberal. [/QUOTE]

actually, no

My dear Nick ---- just so you are FULLY aware...........it truly WAS the conservative traditionalists who nailed Jesus to his cross........AND I know of no place in the Bible where it says: "Blessed are the rich -- for they must be absolved of higher taxes!" The Bible DOES say however --- "To whom MUCH is given -- much is expected." AND...."I was hungry, and you fed me, naked and you clothed ME (see the whole quote from the last judgment in Matthew 25.) Once again......my Bible just doesn't say, "I have......you don't --- tough crap!" I fully believe Jesus would be much more in the Liberal Camp of American politics than he would be in the Conservative camp --- and moreover........Jesus CERTAINLY was not a capitalist!!!!! To Wall Street he would say: I blessed you beyond your wildest dreams -- and you tore down your barns to build bigger barns --- while you made SURE that your brothers and sisters worked harder and harder for less and less! Enjoy it now -- for someday..."the first shall be last, and the last shall be first!"

10. maxcok

Gold Member

Why is everybody
    typing in giant
    letters?

11. hypoc8

hypoc8 Member

Must be yelling from the rooftops!

12. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

Obama is liberal and he is not for gay marriage.

13. maxcok

Gold Member

Hungshyman is mentally challenged and marginally literate.

14. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Your point? If you have one?
    Or are you so slow that you can only speak in one-lined statements?

BTW... he may not believe in gay marriage (which is the appropriate word if you want to quote the man), but he wouldn't try to pass constitutional amendments or any form of lawful measures to outlaw it like certain closet cases in the Republican Party to please the religiously bigoted. So yeah, the liberals will still vote for him in 2012 (if that's what you're trying to get at). :rolleyes:

15. TOP9X7

TOP9X7 Well-Known Member

Albums:
    It's in the interest of the true "powers that be", the very rich, to keep the populace divided, maybe we should stress issues we can agree on: corporations who move their manufacturing to another country and thus take jobs away from Americans, are given a tax credit in the amount of what it costs to set up their operations in whatever country they relocate. A bill to give any company who moved back to the US and set up manufacturing and create jobs for Americans and lessen our dependency on imports the same tax credits failed. Not a single Republican voted for the bill, neither did four Democrats and one Independent. Is there anyone here who would vote against what just seems like common sense, if so, can I borrow a billion dollars?

16. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

you mean the top 2% earners. they don't want government because that's who taking their money and giving it to the losers. Maybe you could make an extra buck if you wern't such a blowhard and got out and did smething other than post pansie poloitcs on lpsg. if your so concerened go out and do something rather than sit here an bitch about it. look up "bitch" in the dictionary and there's your photo. talk about a troll.

17. maxcok

Gold Member

Talk about irony. Talk about hypocrisy. Talk about a blowhard. Talk about a troll. Talk about a loser. :rolleyes:

Hey, anybody want to start a petition for a "poloitcs" forum?

18. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Many of them didn't earn shit. They inherited it. :rolleyes:

Like you?

Well, if you must know I'm on a 7 day cruise right now to Haiti and Puerto Rico. And yes, I can STILL come on LPSG once in a while and contribute to the Politics threads (hooray wireless). I earn my own money and I'm not greedy so I know how to make sure I have a great time without impeding on the lives of others and their struggles. Perhaps beotches like you need to figure how to live a life that doesn't circulate around the tired, alpha-male tomfoolery of "getting rich quick & snatching pussy faster". I'm sure daddy must've lied to you growing up and convinced you that these were the only two things that mattered in this world. However, at your age you should know that only works for the simpleminded with no ambitions, no real goals and NO LIFE. Also, I'm sorry that your life is so boring (even with your "money") that you're stuck at home, scanning the site just for my posts in a lame attempt to stalk me. And the answer is still no, I won't go out with you.

Love you too, shit for brains. Now be a doll and go back on your meds.

#18 B_VinylBoy, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  19. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    We MEAN the top 2% GET OVERS. Wouldn't be so bad if they paid an equitable amount of taxes based on their income. Instead the tax laws of the Bush era (described as "Wealthfare" in one article) that Republicans hope to revive placed the burden on middle class Americans, while that top 2% laughed all the way to their (federally BAILED OUT) banks. (See analyses below).

Bush Tax Cuts (Wealthfare) Heavily Favor the Rich...

Comparing Obama and McCain Tax Plans Shows McCain Favors the Rich

Also is this (circa 2004 article) which explains why the wealthy get to write off a whole lot more in itemized deductions than us average folks.

Are you subsidizing tax breaks for the rich? - MSN Money

20. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

It's ok, maxie. Short_e can't help himself. I really don't know why these intellectually bankrupted types are drawn to me for some strange reason. Seems as if all I have to do is talk about rich people or some Republicans and they come crawling out like roaches these days. And they all have the same illiterate, vapid, alpha-male attitudes (I hate lib... Hulk SMASH). It's as if their steroid use prevents them from thinking more than seven words in succession without needing a period or making a spelling error. It's only a matter of time before Short_e crosses the insult line and gets himself banned anyhow. I can already sense the frothing of his muzzle every time I see his moniker. :rolleyes:

But let's go back on the subject matter, if we can. The rally in DC was amazing and supposedly drew more than 100,000 people. Certainly a LOT more than Beck and his BS of a rally. Perhaps there's room for sanity in America after all?

#20 B_VinylBoy, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
Draft saved Draft deleted