one-night stand vs. committed relationship

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
this isn't a new topic by any means but i'm bored so what the hell. tell me do you prefer one nights stands or would you rather be in a committed relationship??

me personally i prefer one night stands because they're the truth. you get in, you get what you want, you get out, no harm no foul. no phony promises about commitment that 1 in 3 couples break before their silver anniversary. no need to try to pretend like you're a good person for the inlaws when you know you're really an asshole. to me the lack of emotional attachment in one-night stands lets you focus on what sex is supposed to be, fun. (not to mention a room at the hilton is MUCH cheaper than a wedding lol). i'm not condoning whoring yourself out all over the place now but if you're being safe what's the harm? especially since i hate sleeping next to men, especially ones that fart in bed

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Commited relationship, simply because I'd rather put forth the work for it. Notably, though, my heart and mind can't take anything nearing promiscuity (safe or not). I'm just not wired that way.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
commited relationship....if i have sex with someone, i want it to be special, and the ultimate way of showing someone i love them.....sex should be the ulitmate expression of love for someone, not for just getting your rocks off.....not bashing anyone, just the way i feel....i'm old fashioned, i know

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
give me commitment

Sex without intimate emotional connection seems little more than costly masturbating with the added risk of STDs.

The actual porking and sweating, tho wonderful, is not even the best part....

The best part is the laughter the next morning.
Feeling a hand reach out to touch you over the table.

A glance shared that speaks of years of seeing and feeling and doing things together.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
give me commitment

Sex without intimate emotional connection seems little more than costly masturbating with the added risk of STDs.

The actual porking and sweating, tho wonderful, is not even the best part....

The best part is the laughter the next morning.
Feeling a hand reach out to touch you over the table.

A glance shared that speaks of years of seeing and feeling and doing things together.

phil that's sweet but i'm still not taking you back. and don't expect to win anything in the settlement, i'm going to tell the judge you used to beat me

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i guess my perspective is i feel like chances are, that laughter in the morning is covering up an infidelity he's hiding, i agree with you 100% about those being the best parts but only if i KNOW it's real and how many people can say they KNOW they really have that kinda love. so i'll settle for a good quick roll around in the hay any day

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
both have their perks. i wouldn't mind being in a committed relationship if the right person came along. but for now, it's fun being single and playing the field. there's no law that states a single person can't mess around inbetween it all.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
i guess my perspective is i feel like chances are, that laughter in the morning is covering up an infidelity he's hiding, i agree with you 100% about those being the best parts but only if i KNOW it's real and how many people can say they KNOW they really have that kinda love. so i'll settle for a good quick roll around in the hay any day

sheesh... who are you dating?

beyond that... more absolutism

If you can't have 100% certainty, you don't want any?

There is no such thing...

Protecting yourself from any injury, ever, is the surest way to being alone.

You can never win if you never risk.

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How about a committed one night stand,lol, seriously who doesnt want someone that they can be in a room alone together and not feel like they have to say a word or someome to tell your troubles too. someome to cuddle and kiss and hug and all that mushy stuff. Ill take the committed anyday, thanks

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I admit it can be scary, Marley but it is wonderful to have someone who You can depend on to be there for you.

this is true but with 1 in 3 marriages failing, those aren't good odds and i'm not takin that chance. few people end up in therapy because their one night stand won't share their feelings, no one ever has to go to court for settlement cases. marriage costs this country millions of dollars a ear and i for one won't pay