One of the oldest liberal newspapers about to fold

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Ah, several years back, someone complained that a clerk at the post office attempted to classify New Mexico as a foreign country and tried to charge higher rates...
:dunno:

I am on the floor because i know you are not kidding....MAN that is SCARY. At a Derby cocktail party last night a very attractive and what I assumed bright person (lady) started talking about Texas' succession threat. It was news to her, as she thought Texas already was another country. REALLY??? :rolleyes:
She admitted her geography was "a bit" rusty. :confused:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Freedom of the press? My ass. Good riddance. It's a shame the only journalist with integrity today is friggin Jon Stewart of all people. Corporate ownership, synergy, etc....how can anyone really believe the press is free? Hell even the Right's precious "fair and balanced" Fox News is 20% owned by the Saudi royal family. Sweetass is a bit naive IMO.

Yikes....you aren't that myopic?

Average_joe

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
New York Times.... the blatantly left as left gets has been losing readership that's right of center steadily, and internet content growing.

down to $34M left in the bank with a $1.3B debt.

$1.3B DEBT RATTLE - New York Post

Ah-ha-ha-ha-ha, good thing is it'll take the Boston Globe down with it. Good riddance.

Now Senator Kerry is requesting "hearings"... lawdy, hearings to look into propping these dinosaurs.

What the fuck is wrong with you? You think it is good that the nation's Newspaper of Record is going to fail? Are you naturally this ignorant, or do you have to work at it?

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Wow... totally missed this!
sparky11point5 said:
All true, VB, but if you have an answer on how to pay people to gather news full-time, pm me, we can make a fortune. No one really has the answer to this yet :)

Sounds as if news writers, bloggers and organizations should adapt to some kind of "pay per story" system, similar to how digital downloading became a standard in the music industry (iTunes, Beatport, Tracksource, etc). The money may not be as good, but it does bring new faces to the table and give them a chance to get noticed. It also would eliminate a good portion of typical network media hype and allow the articles to speak for themselves.

Last edited: