One woman, two wombs, three children

Channelwood

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
They *never* taught us about this in school. ONE IN A THOUSAND?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/12/22/births.girls.ap/index.html

LONDON, England (AP) -- A woman with two wombs has given birth to three children in what is believed to be the first case of its kind, a hospital official said Friday.

Hannah Kersey, 23, gave birth to three girls in September, said Richard Dottle, a spokesman for Southmead Hospital in Bristol where the triplets were born. The children spent nine weeks in the hospital but the reason was not disclosed.

The girls -- two identical twins delivered from one womb and a single baby from the other -- were born seven weeks early by Caesarean, the British Broadcasting Corp. reported.

Kersey and her partner, Mick Faulkner, said they were "over the moon" at how healthy and happy the girls were.

"They are three lovely and incredible children, all with very different personalities," the BBC quoted Kersey as saying.

"There haven't been any similar accounts where three healthy babies are born of two wombs," said Yakoub Khalaf, a consulting gynecologist at Guy's and St. Thomas's Hospital.

He said that multiple pregnancies tended to be risky, and that delivering triplets under such abnormal circumstances was even riskier.

Separate or partially joined wombs are uncommon, although not rare. About one woman in 1,000 has them, according to Khalaf.

Pregnancies are possible, although they tend to result in premature birth more than half the time. One pregnancy in each womb is almost unheard of -- Khalaf said he had identified only 70 cases over the past 50 years worldwide -- and triplets delivered from two wombs has never before been recorded.

"This lady was extremely lucky," said Khalaf.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. (But I'm doing it anyway. My bad.)

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
bifid uterus.....most women with her condition have a hard time maintaing pregnancy if one uterus is not dominant. Meaning one has to be much larger than the other. If both are same size they tend to be too small to maintain a pregnancy

D_Neeson Niceone

Experimental Member
Media
So we can assume in her case she has two cervixes (haha I've never said that word in a plural form - I have no idea if that's correct) and both reach her vagina - and this happens one time in a thousand?? That's not incredibly rare - but at the same time that's probably not an accurate ratio. Does anyone know how common this actually is?

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What really gets me is that you can have intrauterine double penetration!! ONE GUY FUCKS EACH UTERUS!!

HOT DAMN!!!

Sorry.

danerain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
What really gets me is that you can have intrauterine double penetration!! ONE GUY FUCKS EACH UTERUS!!

HOT DAMN!!!

Sorry.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Everything that had disturbed me before reading that has now been wipped away.

I think I'm supposed to thank you, but the shock is about to hit- OH DEAR GOD WHYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!?!???!!?!?!?

:biggrin1:

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So we can assume in her case she has two cervixes (haha I've never said that word in a plural form - I have no idea if that's correct) and both reach her vagina - and this happens one time in a thousand?? That's not incredibly rare - but at the same time that's probably not an accurate ratio. Does anyone know how common this actually is?

Possibly, however its usually one cervix and then the uterus splits into two. Its "rare" bc its not looked for or diagnosed unless women are having problems with menstruation, pain, or spontaneous abortions (miscarriages).....It is my personal opinion that it is more common than thought (although not a common occurrence)

the fact that she had triplets out of it is just freakin awesome

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media
They *never* taught us about this in school. ONE IN A THOUSAND?

Triplets for woman with two wombs - CNN.com

LONDON, England (AP) -- A woman with two wombs has given birth to three children in what is believed to be the first case of its kind, a hospital official said Friday.

Hannah Kersey, 23, gave birth to three girls in September, said Richard Dottle, a spokesman for Southmead Hospital in Bristol where the triplets were born. The children spent nine weeks in the hospital but the reason was not disclosed.

The girls -- two identical twins delivered from one womb and a single baby from the other -- were born seven weeks early by Caesarean, the British Broadcasting Corp. reported.

Kersey and her partner, Mick Faulkner, said they were "over the moon" at how healthy and happy the girls were.

"They are three lovely and incredible children, all with very different personalities," the BBC quoted Kersey as saying.

"There haven't been any similar accounts where three healthy babies are born of two wombs," said Yakoub Khalaf, a consulting gynecologist at Guy's and St. Thomas's Hospital.

He said that multiple pregnancies tended to be risky, and that delivering triplets under such abnormal circumstances was even riskier.

Separate or partially joined wombs are uncommon, although not rare. About one woman in 1,000 has them, according to Khalaf.

Pregnancies are possible, although they tend to result in premature birth more than half the time. One pregnancy in each womb is almost unheard of -- Khalaf said he had identified only 70 cases over the past 50 years worldwide -- and triplets delivered from two wombs has never before been recorded.

"This lady was extremely lucky," said Khalaf.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. (But I'm doing it anyway. My bad.)

The Trisha show might add "two fathers" o the mix ...