One year left! Start the countdown! :)

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
366 Days left till that mountain of suck is gone! :beerchug:

"He's left our political institutions much more troubled than they were before," said Thomas E. Mann, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution, a Washington-based think tank. "He didn't create the ideological polarization, but he magnified it."

(source)

speshk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Oh but what a year it is likely to be!

All the de-regulation chickens are coming home to roost.

De-regulation in banking, credit card companies, insurance, drug manufacturing, real estate, media, food, etc etc etc, corrupt politics, a toxic entertainment industry, and on and on . . .

'Lot of corporations (and individuals) thought they could fuck their way to prosperity. Now we're going to see the results of years of unchecked greed . . .
There won't be a antidepressant pill big enough.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Gee, sorry that im not some retard american. Americans wonder why their dollar and econmy is in the dumps? Just look at the toe jam running their country.

Why, look who joined us from the shallow end of the pool -- the good speller who calls us "retards"!

For the record, I don't see any of us "wondering" about our economy.

shinato

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
after what bush has put america through i'd be surprised if a republican ever get's the presidentcy again. the democrats should have it easy getting in the white house. though i don't want to sound sexist or racist i think they are taking a big leap with a woman or a black man and the majority of america might not quite be ready to handle that. still, just about ANYTHING would have to be better than bush. i personally think he and the rest of his ENTIRE family should be banned from polictics.

shinato

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
by the way, just on a fun side note. any star wars fans out there notice and similarities between george w's career and the rise of darth sidious. i could honestly see him trying to declare himself dictator or king of america at the last moment.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
True.

But then major airports and libraries will start being named for him and those will be around much longer.

Burn them, I say.

unfortunately the mountain of suck will continue if Mr Huckabee or Mr Romney are his succesor...........In my humble opinion

I have bags packed and ready should that unfortunate event occur.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
after what bush has put america through i'd be surprised if a republican ever get's the presidentcy again. the democrats should have it easy getting in the white house. though i don't want to sound sexist or racist i think they are taking a big leap with a woman or a black man and the majority of america might not quite be ready to handle that. still, just about ANYTHING would have to be better than bush. i personally think he and the rest of his ENTIRE family should be banned from polictics.

I thought the same thing after Nixon. If we hadn't gotten an incompetent, do nothing like Carter, that may have held true. I have nothing against Carter personally. I think he was good man as far as values and integrity. He didn't know how to run the country, and just sat there while things went to pot.

That seems to be the problem with the Democratic party. They run people who are not electable, or don't know how to do the job.

bek2335

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
An the American people continue to insist on voting for candidates they feel they "like" as opposed to choosing whom they think will do the best job.