One Year...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by CUBE, Jun 25, 2010.

1. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    Watching the Michael J tribute today (...mostly because I pinched some nerve in my lower neck and I am not leaving the house today...it fucking hurts by the way...) I again am shocked at the fans. This gal flew across the world to walk by the cemetery and claims she was his friend for 21 years as a fan. I can't get into the fan base. I have some artists that I just love...like Karen Carpenter that I just always think, "What a loss, what a talent, it wouldn't be Christmas without her music ya know...but I can't Imagine curbing my life, leaving work, traveling across the world for someone I did not actually know. I also watched Oprah yesterday and she showed her interview with him from like 17 years ago. You will be happy to know...in reflection...she made the entire thing about her. Thoughts?

2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

My feelings are more or less the same as yours. A very good friend of mine died a few hours before MJ and I'm more concerned with that loss.

3. concupisys

concupisys Active Member

as a lifelong megafan i took the news of his death VERY hard.... (we're talking like, uncontrollable and inconsolable sobbing....) but a year later, i only feel the need to look back and reflect on all the things about him that brought me joy.... (ie: his artistic creations....) it's quite amazing though to see the spectacle he can create even after his death....

Draft saved Draft deleted