Online Colleges

Media
I've been giving a lot of thought about getting a college degree. Originally I had plans of just being a Court Officer, and I'm not enjoying it to the degree I thought I might. Because of my schedule, I really think an Online College is the only way I could and would want to finish school.

Has anyone here graduated from an online school? Is it any more difficult to get a job with an online degree as opposed to attending a physical university? Besides being accredited, is there anything else I should look for while picking out an online school?

I have maybe 20 or so credits from a school I attended immediately after high school, I'm not sure if they're transferable. I was thinking of just getting an associate degree to start, I'd really like a degree within two years to possibly move on to another career in my life. If anyone has any tips or input I'd love to hear it. Thanks.

cocktoberfest

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Try it. Take a couple of transferable geneds - then if you like it, finish the program. If you don't like it - no harm done. You'll have a few transferable credits and can consider other options.

I took online courses and didn't really like them. They are very time intensive and require much more reading and writing than live classes. My grades were always lower in online classes and I had to work harder in them.

nay-nay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i took online classes for 6 months and it was a huge fucking rip off! i would never recommend online college to anyone. :mad: ESPECIALLY UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX.

they'll say you have to go through Axia College (or it can be called WIU - not really sure why there are TWO different names) for the first couple years and THEN you can go to UOP. well...all the classes i took were the same. same assignments, just in different ways. how the fuck can IT, writing, and critical thinking be the same fucking thing? :mad::rolleyes:

now i owe a bunch of money for the measly 6 months i took (which is quite expensive) and i cannot get into any other school until i pay it. its better to just go to the actual school instead of doing it over a computer.

also...if you go through UOP and decide you want to transfer to a different school...none of your credits get transferred and you have to do the courses all over again.

i showed my dad all my assignments and he couldn't believe it. so we did some research online.

if you go to www.ripoffreport.com the fucking school is on there. this "axia" or "wiu" (or whatever the fuck the school is called this week). :rolleyes:

i was also treated like shit by the lady i talked to. she didn't tell me when i was supposed to pay for my books and then turned around and blamed it on me and said "no, denae, you're just hearing what you want to hear" in the SNOTTIEST way possible. so i had ONE DAY to come up with the money for the books which i didn't have and neither did my parents. she was veryyyyyy mouthy with me b/c she knew i was right and didn't want to admit it.

this school is not upfront about their procedures and they like to keep a lot of things a secret until you're in. and THEN you figure out that its a huge rip off. they do not care about you, the student. they just want their fucking money and then turn around and treat you like shit if you figure out that they're not what they say they are.

but this is just the school i went to. i'm not sure about the others. please do not choose university of phoenix b/c they're going to make you go through the shitty school first which is NOT worth it. what's the point in paying so much money when you can just go elsewhere and learn a hell of a lot more? :rolleyes:

read these titles. :mad:

Ripoff Report Search Results: axia college

PLEASE do your research first. i suggest using www.ripoffreport.com for ANYTHING if you're suspicious of it being a fraud.

i could go on and on about this fucking school.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's a useful website. I was considering Kaplan University's online program but a lot of people complain about various things.
Right now I'm looking at Penn State's online program, its a little more expensive but a well known school and I don't see many issues that would scare me off from the school.
I was going to suggest the online programs offered through traditional brick and mortar colleges and universities. You are correct, they are more expensive. However, you avoid the unfortunate situations which Nay-Nay encountered.