Online Divorcee Jailed After Killing Virtual Hubby

majormadness

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Having stopped all real crime, here's what police in Japan do to keep busy :biggrin1:

Online divorcee jailed after killing virtual hubby - Video Game Feature - Yahoo! Video Games

Online Divorcee Jailed After Killing Virtual Hubby
By MARI YAMAGUCHI, Associated Press

TOKYO: A 43-year-old Japanese woman whose sudden divorce in a virtual game world made her so angry that she killed her online husband's digital persona has been arrested on suspicion of hacking, police said Thursday.

The woman, who is jailed on suspicion of illegally accessing a computer and manipulating electronic data, used his identification and password to log onto popular interactive game "Maple Story" to carry out the virtual murder in mid-May, a police official in northern Sapporo said on condition of anonymity, citing department policy.

"I was suddenly divorced, without a word of warning. That made me so angry," the official quoted her as telling investigators and admitting the allegations.

The woman had not plotted any revenge in the real world, the official said.

She has not yet been formally charged, but if convicted could face a prison term of up to five years or a fine up to $5,000.

Players in "Maple Story" raise and manipulate digital images called "avatars" that represent themselves, while engaging in relationships, social activities and fighting against monsters and other obstacles.

The woman used login information she got from the 33-year-old office worker when their characters were happily married, and killed the character. The man complained to police when he discovered that his beloved online avatar was dead.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So the fine and jail time are for hacking not killing her online lovers avatar. I think she needs a mental health professional, not jail time. Getting that upset over an online breakup of a make believe relationship is a bit much.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
So the fine and jail time are for hacking not killing her online lovers avatar. I think she needs a mental health professional, not jail time. Getting that upset over an online breakup of a make believe relationship is a bit much.
I disagree, I would be heart broken if anything should happen to the guy I am talking to online. I wouldn't go on a killing spree, but I would be deeply saddened. I think you underestimate how much a person can bond with someone else on the internet.

majormadness

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I disagree, I would be heart broken if anything should happen to the guy I am talking to online. I wouldn't go on a killing spree, but I would be deeply saddened. I think you underestimate how much a person can bond with someone else on the internet.
You're referring, of course, to the cyber-carnage. Right?

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Nothing says the relationship is over like killing someone!! LOL.
Definitely a Hallmark moment. :biggrin1:

You're referring, of course, to the cyber-carnage. Right?

It's a damn good thing we don't have laws against cyber-carnage. If we did, they would have executed me Atari-style back in the '80's!!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nothing says the relationship is over like killing someone!! LOL. Definitely a Hallmark moment. :biggrin1:

It's a damn good thing we don't have laws against cyber-carnage. If we did, they would have executed me Atari-style back in the '80's!!
:lmao: Atari hahahaha Yeah, well Pong you Eagle Cowboy. :rofl:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Death by joystick. Not a good way to go. Or maybe they would have buried us in the same landfill along with the unsold E.T. Cartridges? :biggrin1: