online gender: that sliver of doubt.

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by dolfette, Jun 18, 2010.

1. dolfette

Gold Member

this has come up in a few threads recently,

guys who are offended by unverified women being here.
    now the regulars, the mods and the ladies know me well enough to know my gender, and if the mods were in doubt i would happily prove it privately, but...

i won't wear a 'verified female' label and i deliberately have siglines which create doubt in the minds of those who do not know me, because, in combination with my lack of pics, it means i get significanly fewer cam/sex requests than the other ladies.

the straight guys don't want to risk camming with a bald, fat trucker named bob...which i could be.

so, ladies, how do you feel about doubt over your gender online? the ''your probly a fat ugly man neway'' line is often thrown at us when guys don't like our opinions as women. does it bother you? amuse you?

if you did or didn't choose the verification option, why did you make that choice?

regards,
    bob x

2. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

I'd bob on Bob any day :wink:

I choose not to verify because my sex has no bearing on the way I interact on this site. I used to have a gallery - the nice comments (which was 99% of all comments) served to boost my ego a little and I no longer need that.

If people want to believe I'm a man, they can - many noobs do, because of my username and my non-specific profile. If it makes a difference to them then that is their problem.

If verification became compulsory on this site or a part of it I'd strongly consider leaving. When there was discussion about making the Real Ladies Group verified females only I was prepared to be booted rather than verified. Why? Because I don't need to prove who or what I am. If I can't play in the sandbox without ticking the box then I don't want to play in the sandbox.

As long as people aren't setting out to hurt and deceive others for their own sexual gratification I don't see what harm it does for a man to pretend to be a woman here. If it is all completely text based I really can't see the harm in it. It's all fantasy anyway.

3. watchwife

watchwife New Member

speaking on the female half of us, my pics are the ones on here and I still have the men wanting more "proof" and it's usually the ones with out pictures themselves! I guess they could think it is hubby instead of me....but he likes to watch me chat!

That's my 2 cents!

4. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Hi watch - you know it is against the ToS for you and your husband to share one account. You really need to get your own login. It is fine for him to post pics of you, with your permission of course, but you can't both post from the same account.

5. Embrace69

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I don't so much care that other guys may think I'm a potential Bob or that I verified myself to get special requests from guys. I really didn't think about those things when verifying myself. Honestly, comments and such are nice and they do boost your ego (at least the positive ones)

But I am here for two reasons, the BF and to hopefully gain more knowledge. I verified myself quite frankly because I don't have the extra money to get a gold membership with out it, I participate on this site quite frequently now and I was tired of looking at blurry cocks...So there you have it...

I don't really care about that sliver of doubt unless it's blatantly obvious that the poster is a guy trying to pose as a girl. Usually, if I don't care about the comments made, I just ignore them and move on. No loss on my part. I don't plan on meeting anyone from this site anyway so I'll never know. No sweat off my back.

6. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

I was one of those - apologies MB :redface:

I was pretty upset when I was suspected of being a fake early on, but now I think I'd be less upset by it. I feel more comfortable here now and have established something of an identity.

Verification pics. Hmmm. My biggest problem with putting any kind of pics on here is that those who don't see my posts will only see me as a body. I'm not really comfortable with that, although I may still do the verification thing one day. If only you could send a pic to the mods, which wasn't available for viewing by others. The mods could then stick a verified under your name but no-one else need see the pics.

I'm not even sure why verification is necessary unless you're going to have sexual relations with the person. If you are going to have some kind of sex (including camming) then I can understand why someone would want the other to be verified. But the answer to that is simple - if gender bothers a person they shouldn't cam with the unverified.

7. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I deliberately chose an ambiguous user name after having a decidedly feminine one. I do not list my gender, and all of my publicly viewable photos are of cake and cookies or sugar sculpture. At first, I was deliberately letting people believe I was male, and was terrified of anyone knowing I wasn't. Now, I don't mind anyone who actually reads the board to know, but random profile searchers leave me alone since I'm not obviously a lady. I like it very much this way.

8. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Meh, I don't care. This is the internet. I shared pic's, I've also taken them all down when I was getting overwhelmed. Now I just delete what I don't want to read. No issues there. I've had several people ask me if I were a female. NEXTTTTTTT! If someone cannot talk to me for 5 minutes and know I'm female then they shouldn't date our sex, because they no nothing about us. I have actually found that I like most of the 99% gay 1% straight guys more than just about anyone. I have some guys that I chat with regularly now, that I think are absolute winners, and a few women as well. I came here the first time to see eye candy then decided to stick around because I liked the posts. I'm not here to hook up, so anyone PM'ing me for hook-ups or camming is out of luck anyway. So I don't feel like I have to prove myself to any of those people. The other people who have taken the time to get to know me, know I'm female.

9. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

It's ok, the first time MB ripped me a new arsehole, i thought she was a dude too.

10. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

That makes me feel a little better :redface:

11. Daisy

Gold Member

I think I verified on day one because of the fact that I knew nobody would believe I'm a female. I tend to be a little raunchy and I'm very enthusiastic about dicks so guys immediately assume there's no way I could be 1.) female or 2.) intelligent.
    I used to do the cam thing in chat till that got obnoxious so plenty of people have seen me to know I'm a female. For some reason it does matter to me. I guess I want to be taken seriously and not dismissed as "a fat bald old man".

12. dolfette

Gold Member

true. if we're not cybering or trolling then it shouldn't really matter that much.

now...how come you've never ripped my arsehole? it soulds kinda kinky and it seems you've done every other girl but me :mad:

13. dolfette

Gold Member

i think we'd get taken more seriously by a lot of posters if we were pretending to be men.

14. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    That was my experience.

The chat room was way more interesting when I was one of the boys.

15. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:

Ahhhh!:eek: That chat room! I can't talk to anyone in there because of all the requests to private! I've been in there 2-3 times and thats it. I even had a guy say to me, "why else would you come on here if not for that?" When I told him I wasn't interested in privately camming with him.

#15 HiddenLacey, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2010
  16. dolfette

Gold Member

i'll confess i'm tempted to remove my gender tag entirely, but the feminist in me refuses to hide her gender just because of misogynistic arseholes.

17. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

I don't recall you arsehole every needing ripping. We could join forces and rip arseholes together... :smile:

I removed my gender tag in protest when Rob made the default avatar for gender unknown (and transgender, IIRC) the male silhouette. He fixed that fairly quickly as I wasn't the only one to object (he's good like that) but I never have bothered turning it back on. It really doesn't matter to me if people think I'm a bloke. It's fairly fucking obvious I'm not in the posts where it makes a difference.

18. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I tell those kind of losers that I'm not here to be anyone's walking talking, camming vagina, I'm not interested in the individual penises of strangers, and that for all the care I have for them, they could have a long walk off a short pier.

I'm no less feminine for not being able to be found in a search for females. I'm me whether labeled or not.

19. MickeyLee

Gold Member

not being verified or using the default on gender is kinda like an invisibility cloak.

the toadies and the leg humpers ignore me. the dudes who friend every female on the site skip me over. if someone likes me or hates me their opinion is based on me posting history and not curve-graded by a gallery o boobleage.

is kinda mad freeing and makes LSPG heaps more fun.

my boyish username, blank profile and no PM option filters out most of the irk.. my personality takes care of the rest.

20. D_Sparroe Spongecaques

I chose not to have a verified pic as i don't see why i should have to tbh.If people think i'm a bloke then i'm not really bothered.

I joined Real Ladies Group as SP was ever so nice after several other females spoke to me like i was $hit....anyway,i've been seen on cam CLOTHED by several on here and they can tell i'm alllllllllllll woman.:tongue:

BUT if anyone wishes to think me a male then please can i be called James,i do like that name for a blokie.:biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted