Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OT do you think that being unverified (especially in the absence of any pics at all) can sometimes create a slightly ambiguous air about you which can be useful in discussions since so many people make presumptions about others and their opinions on very reductive criteria such as appearance, sex, age, ethnicity etc?

There is a blessing in times of having that ambiguity. Liberating in fact in that there is just so much pressure relieved from the pure, hoard-like onslaught of *hate* one can experience. I would rather be branded a "cheat", "Liar", "Coward" than have to face down an unwelcome.....stranger on my doorstep in the early AM that tracked me down from an Internet forum. No amount of protest in IM's, boards, etc. dissuaded this fellow. My Colt Python did. :D

No, MB refers to me, ManlyBanisters, see? :smile: Clever stuff, eh? :wink:

D-OH! Exceedingly so. Mark one down for the ladies... for they are indeed smarter than the average fox. :> I really did not make the connection, thinking that there were deeper meanings/offscreen name or pet name you all had for her. I just put evil along with the MB moniker and the brain spat out "Dolfette - It HAS to be Dolfette...she's British! They are all *eeeeevil*. :D" Sorry for the mixup - good to hear that you have a humor about yourself too. Thanks for the clarification.

B_Craiggers

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It doesn't offend me when people don't verify. But generally speaking, those who do have more credibility to me on some topics (post count and such are another consideration).

I'm not surfing around here for NSA encounters though, so it's not like I'd have much cause to get offended. I might write someone off as pretending to be someone they're not, but not offended by it.

I'll get around to verifying once I can motivate my lazy ass to take some pics :p

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I often wonder if LPSG isn't a haven for a large number of men who would otherwise be standing in trainstations wearing macs waiting for unsuspecting school girls to expose themselves to.

Hilarious! I've often imagined some of the men here just like that! Here and chatroulette!

Interesting:biggrin1: I did not know I could block someone in there, nor did I know I could only cam with certain people( in the main room or only in private rooms?) I have just always selected no, because I posted pics and stuff on here, I don't want to sit in the chat room to CHAT and have people perving on me the whole time. It gives me the heebee-geebee's. Anything I have posted on my profile feels separated to me. It's not real time, real life. I would have anxiety if I sat there knowing anyone could be watching me, it's just creepy:rolleyes:

To make your cam private, click "accept" and cover it so no one can see you while you adjust your settings. In the upper right hand corner is a blue "gear" symbol. Click on it. A window will open and there will be three checkboxes at the bottom. I believe checking the middle one will make it so that you will have to approve each person before they can view your cam. I don't remember what it says. I'm sorry I'm not more specific, I'm doing this from memory!

To block someone, I believe that you would right-click on that person's name in the right hand window that displays who is in the chat room. Just choose "block" and you will no longer see that person's chat posts, whispers, or cam requests. Some jerks will request to view your cam every few minutes no matter what you say.

Before I discovered that you could block people, TheBoyfriend had gone out of town and the only reason why I was in video chat was to talk to him. This jerk requested to view my cam once every 15 seconds nonstop, making himself an unbelievable nuisance while I was trying to spend a few precious minutes with my beloved. He kept typing, "So what? Yah so it's your online 'boyfriend.' Who cares?" and things like that. I was furious! That's when someone finally told me that I could just block him. He still hangs out in the cam room and annoys other women.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I often wonder if LPSG isn't a haven for a large number of men who would otherwise be standing in trainstations wearing macs waiting for unsuspecting school girls to expose themselves to.
i've never wondered. i've just assumed it to be so.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hilarious! I've often imagined some of the men here just like that! Here and chatroulette!

To make your cam private, click "accept" and cover it so no one can see you while you adjust your settings. In the upper right hand corner is a blue "gear" symbol. Click on it. A window will open and there will be three checkboxes at the bottom. I believe checking the middle one will make it so that you will have to approve each person before they can view your cam. I don't remember what it says. I'm sorry I'm not more specific, I'm doing this from memory!

To block someone, I believe that you would right-click on that person's name in the right hand window that displays who is in the chat room. Just choose "block" and you will no longer see that person's chat posts, whispers, or cam requests. Some jerks will request to view your cam every few minutes no matter what you say.

Before I discovered that you could block people, TheBoyfriend had gone out of town and the only reason why I was in video chat was to talk to him. This jerk requested to view my cam once every 15 seconds nonstop, making himself an unbelievable nuisance while I was trying to spend a few precious minutes with my beloved. He kept typing, "So what? Yah so it's your online 'boyfriend.' Who cares?" and things like that. I was furious! That's when someone finally told me that I could just block him. He still hangs out in the cam room and annoys other women.

Thanks Petite! I had no idea I could do this :biggrin1: That has been something that has kept me from using the cam function and now I know I can "ignore" people, so MAYBE I can hold a conversation instead of saying no no no no for the entire time I'm there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Embrace69

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It doesn't offend me when people don't verify. But generally speaking, those who do have more credibility to me on some topics (post count and such are another consideration).

I'm not surfing around here for NSA encounters though, so it's not like I'd have much cause to get offended. I might write someone off as pretending to be someone they're not, but not offended by it.

I'll get around to verifying once I can motivate my lazy ass to take some pics :p

What kind of motivation do you need? :wink:

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I did photo verification for the gold membership, but then I took the gender identification out of my profile so as to not show up in the female gallery and also to ward off some of the PMs coming from folks just searching the female gender group. I get very few unsolicited and unwanted (cam/sex) requests and I'm happy with it this way.

I don't have many feelings about gender doubt where it concerns me, except maybe relief. :smile:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks Petite! I had no idea I could do this :biggrin1: That has been something that has kept me from using the cam function and now I know I can "ignore" people, so MAYBE I can hold a conversation instead of saying no no no no for the entire time I'm there.

An announcement as soon as you enter the room will deter a lot of them. Eventually they'll figure it out and stop asking. I only get 2-3 private chat requests now when I enter the room. The first few times I used the chat room I got so many private chat requests and cam requests all at once that it would crash or freeze up my browser.

Just type something like, "I only let friends view my cam and I am not accepting private chat requests" or something like that.

Slayer0005

Just Browsing
Media
i think men dont trust women online because we have grown up believing women dont do these things, only sick disgusting men do these things and thats not true also i think that men want to know they are actually talking to a woman because if they are talking to a man who could be getting them off they think thats gay which is odd

and i apologise if this doesnt make sense but my grammer isnt fantastic

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If I were male I would want my name to be something sexy like Ricardo or Umberto.

I don't think I would want a big penis. Just normal size is fine. I want chest hair and just a bit of tone. Also, I would want dark, curly hair that just naturally stays that way when I come in from the surf. Perfectly white teeth with a smile that makes a woman's stomach ache just a tiny bit. And then when I turned around to go back into the water my bum would send shockwaves right to "there."

And I probably would never log on here because I don't have to and don't want to.

Oh, and I would be a gentleman.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
If I were male I would want my name to be something sexy like Ricardo or Umberto.

I don't think I would want a big penis. Just normal size is fine. I want chest hair and just a bit of tone. Also, I would want dark, curly hair that just naturally stays that way when I come in from the surf. Perfectly white teeth with a smile that makes a woman's stomach ache just a tiny bit. And then when I turned around to go back into the water my bum would send shockwaves right to "there."

And I probably would never log on here because I don't have to and don't want to.

Oh, and I would be a gentleman.

Please don't plagiarize my eHarmony profile like that, Ellie. :biggrin1:

double_digit

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This thread has nothing to do with if you like my dick size
What is this doing in women's issues??

Yeah, right, total mind blowing fuck, isn't it? I am dialing up the DOE and Marines, a topic with SUBSTANCE showed up on a "big dick site" that is so uncharacteristic that is just has to be because it fell under ALIEN control. :D

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
if you did or didn't choose the verification option, why did you make that choice?
I've verified a few times, just because I wanted to (I like titles :biggrin1:) and removed the verifications for the same reason (because I wanted to).

Same goes for the "Real Ladies' Group", I am not and never will be a member (no offense to TK or SP), because I do not need a group to confirm my authenticity anymore than a photo holding a paper in front of my tits with my ID written on it (my signature pose :09:).

If that means there's doubt? So be it. I do not care what gender someone may believe me to be, and if anyone ever attempted to pressure me to verify, they would quickly be told to fuck off. I am not here to serve men and approaching me on that bullshit will not end well. Just saying.

WriterGirl

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was one of those - apologies MB :redface:

I was pretty upset when I was suspected of being a fake early on, but now I think I'd be less upset by it. I feel more comfortable here now and have established something of an identity.

Verification pics. Hmmm. My biggest problem with putting any kind of pics on here is that those who don't see my posts will only see me as a body. I'm not really comfortable with that, although I may still do the verification thing one day. If only you could send a pic to the mods, which wasn't available for viewing by others. The mods could then stick a verified under your name but no-one else need see the pics.

I'm not even sure why verification is necessary unless you're going to have sexual relations with the person. If you are going to have some kind of sex (including camming) then I can understand why someone would want the other to be verified. But the answer to that is simple - if gender bothers a person they shouldn't cam with the unverified.

I find this Women's Issues board interesting and informative, sometimes humorous, which is why I joined. Not looking to hook up in any way. I don't do verification pics for the exact reasons you stated above. In retrospect, I would have chosen an ambiguous name as well. When I first joined, I did list my gender - I got quite a few PMs that really turned me off, so I got rid of that. I think because they may be unsure now despite the name, I am pretty much ignored, which is fine by me. I'm afraid verification pictures would only exacerbate the PM issue.