Online Meet and Greet!

7x6andchg: Don't get me wrong, LHJ, I think it's a conspiracy too...so no Mac users can use Yahoo?

Anyone know of any others?

Longhornjok: Mac users can use Yahoo Messenger, just not the voice chat there.

7x6andchg: Now if you had speakers, could you hear? Because then at least you could type responses? Just thinking out loud here...trying to make this work for the largest # of people.

7x6&C

awellhungboi: The times Paul mentioned work for me. Which would be 7-11 EDT my time, just about any night. Or, to accomodate our International friends, Saturday or Sundays during the day (again Eastern U.S. time)

You can still take part, longhorn. You'll just have to type, and the rest of us will simply have to imagine the dulcet tones of your melliflous voice flowing through our speakers.

Longhornjok: No, Mac users are to be seen and not heard (or allowed to hear). I can type while y'all talk, right? If not, maybe someone can serve as a translator for the Mac-impaired during chat sessions. ;D

7x6andchg: Well my original thought too was perhaps one of those conference call lines for like 20 of us - but that costs money...but certainly no compatibility issues.

Paul

sammygirly: Mmm, I still think Yahoo conference is the best idea with those unfortunate people who either can't or don't voice chat typin responses.

Only one person can really have the mic at a time and be heard anyway so even those of us with voices will be typing a great deal of the time anyway.

Ever been in voice chat with more than a handful of people? Any evenings are good for me, Maximillian permitting of course ;D

Longhornjok: [quote author=Monstro link=board=meetgreet;num=1062810982;start=20#23 date=09/05/03 at 21:07:00]You can still take part, longhorn.  You'll just have to type, and the rest of us will simply have to imagine the dulcet tones of your melliflous voice flowing through our speakers.[/quote]
Don't forget the hick TX accent. ;)

In terms of scheduling, some of us are on the West Coast. It's doubtful I could join in before 10-11pm EDT, but y'all should just make a plan for the majority and I reckon whomever can join in, will join in. N'cest pas?

awellhungboi: Hmm, well we could do a Friday night one--since a lot of us seem to be on tonight.  That would mean West Coasters could join, and us hillbillies in the East could stay up late.

7x6andchg: And us stick in the mud Central people in flyover country would be just fine too...Friday works for me...

Longhornjok: Yikes, I just realized that - spending Friday night on a message board! If I had a cat, I could make a midnight run for cat food so all the partiers buyin' more beer could snicker.

sammygirly: Friday is probably best for myself and Maximillian as well.

Now we're getting somewhere!

7x6andchg: So Friday it is.

Personally - I don't see spending Friday on a message board with friends and fellow posters a bad thing - then again I am 30 and gettin' kinda OLD.

LOL

Paul

awellhungboi: Friday works for me! Now let's get the word out.

throb919: So much for the voice thing then (here in MacWorld). And I so hate to deprive Paul of hearing my Rue McClanahan draaaawl. (Longhornjok--maybe they'll do dramatic interpretations of our written words. Or you and I can just have a cell-phone conversation. And when you're waiting in line with your "Li'l Friskies" for your imaginary pussy, point out to the snickerers that it's a big-dick chat-board, afterall...!)

7x6andchg: I do declayeh...we need to figure out some way to patch this Macintosh people in eventually.

So next Friday...Sammy, you have the invites taken care of?

Paul
7x6&C

TragicWhiteKnight: Grr...timezones. I take it whatever the schedule, all us poor UK-ers (and many foreigners) will be shut out in the cold.

Maybe when I'm back at University and sleeping crazy hours I'll give it a go; so good luck for the trial run.

GreenEyes: just let me know my yahoo name on the chat thing is jadedvision. GreenEyes was already taken.

I am on Eastern Time and whoever organizes this thing remember time zones. Right now it is 2pm in UK 3pm in europe and 11pm Sat in Australia.

Shrugs ok I know about time zones. Can't blame a woman. :)

7x6andchg: We could always do two - make it to one or both - one at a time that's more convenient for us over here in the Mid-Western Hemisphere and one that's more convenient for Europe.

So UK time and Australian time are 8 hours apart, and UK time is 5 hours later than EDT...

So say 11 am GMT - which would be 7 pm Aust and 6 am EDT....no? Man, I know my timezones but that date line thing confuses me.

Just a thought

7x6&C

GreenEyes: 7 it confusses me too and to think I almost moved to oz. Theh way I remember it is add 2 hours to the time I have and then make it opposite of am or pm. Right now it is a 14 hours time difference from eastern time. Forget about it when the spring ahead or fall behind day light savings thing happens.

Ok I just went into chat and only one person there and I think my typing might have over took him. Shrugs.