Online persona vs Real life personality

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Like many others have replied before me, I am the same here as in real life.
The reactions to me that I get from peope on-line are, in most part, the same as I get in person, which I do sometimes get taken aback by as I don't see how 'all' of me can be implied by the written word, but often it does, and I am happy with that.

I came here to talk more freely about sex and my 'issues' which I cannot talk about elsewhere on the internet (or rather, the other places I hang out on the internet) and that has helped me a lot, though I am no nearer my 'goal' yet.

Also, I have met a lot of people from the internet and have to say they were just as I expected them to be. It's not just what you say but how you say it and how you react to others. This all gives a pretty good picture of who we are.

I know that there are those who have an 'online' persona greatly different from their real lives but I am just not clever or devious enough for that.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
KUDOS to the OP for recognizing that there is a difference between real life/online personas.

some people with no balls who get walked on all day long, log on and feel like superman, they're instantly better than everybody else and their fingers can't type the insults rooted in self-righteousness fast enough. in real life they have no balls, but on here they get a steroid injection and suddenly say all kinda things they wouldn't dare say in real life.

some people may get more open simply becaue they are conservative or traditional and prudish, and feel more comfortable discussing "taboo" subjects under the guise of the internet.

some people match and they're either sweet as can be on here and are in real life, or are complete assholes in real life and reflect that on here.

i dunno about me, i tend to be a little nicer on here than i am in real life.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
When I'm got two drinks down, or two tokes down, I'm probably quite similar irl to what I present here.
Hard to say, actually.
I do tend to let others do a lot of the talking.
Why would I want to listen to myself?
I already know what I think.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm me everywhere, but more me in some contexts as opposed to others. If I think that I'll encounter a physically dangerous response to some act of provocation on my part, I'll probably keep it unsaid, where on the internet, I'll probably say it.

On the flip-side, I also think things through more carefully before responding. Even a simple response like this one can take 10-15 minutes.

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh... and in real life, things go right over the top of my head....

just as they do here!!! :biggrin1:

I don't get half the comments you lot make! :lmao:
Sorry Rubi! ;)

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Well, I'd contest typically, but I was just joshing. Besides, I have many points, and I can be subtle too.:smile:
You have my benedicktion.:eek:

:biggrin1:
I don't get half the comments you lot make! :lmao:
Sorry Rubi! ;)

Just kick twice under the table and I'll 'splain, K8.:cool:

huh?? i thought i was direct and his post flew so high over my head i thought it was a bird. it kinda scared me and made me uncomfortable. I NEED AN ADULT!! I NEED AN ADULT!!

It wuz a raptor, marls ... a raptor.
Need an adult?
Well, Ah got this lil' refractory period thang goin' on just now, marls.
You come ovuh heuh in 'bout 20 minutes, y'heuh?:cool:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, Ah got this lil' refractory period thang goin' on just now, marls.
You come ovuh heuh in 'bout 20 minutes, y'heuh?:cool:
lol, that sounds like some of my relatives from georgia. y'heuh!! classic. and the "i need an adult" was a family guy reference in case u don't watch the show.

_avg_

Sexy Member
Media
Funny, I was just thinking of this today. In general, I think I'm pretty much the same online and in "real-life," though I can be MUCH more selective about who sees what, online. That surely paints a different picture of "me."