Online persona vs Real life personality

D

deleted3782

I'm essentially the same irl as I am here. The main difference is my environment. Irl, I can sit at home all weekend and never say a world to a single person like an introvert, but when I log on here, I have a ready supply of people to chat or message with...so my personality is a great deal more extraverted.

I'm not as flirtatious irl as I am here...but then again I'm not hanging around in a forum with naked hung men and sexy women either...so thats not surprising.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I tend to be shy when in new situations. I'm sure I have told sex stories that I would never tell in real life. I try to avoid confrontations, and get along well with most people, and most people get along with me in real life. I'm much more outspoken here since no one knows me in real life. I would call people out on their bullshit on here, more so than IRL.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm essentially the same irl as I am here. The main difference is my environment. Irl, I can sit at home all weekend and never say a world to a single person like an introvert, but when I log on here, I have a ready supply of people to chat or message with...so my personality is a great deal more extraverted.

zomg! me 2!

I would have written that if didn't write what I wrote before.

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
Same - well, perhaps less sarcastic here than IRL, as it often seems as sarcasm is best understood by Danes and Brits.

I agree with that TP, i am quite sarcastic in a freindly sense IRL, although on here i tend to be more careful with my wit as it can come across bad depending on peoples understanding of the Brit humor.

IRL, i am quite a confident person and will challenge confrontation/discrimination etc if a person is getting a beating they don't deserve but on here, i seem to have lost some confidence and tend to avoid some people or not post where they are and to be honest to the OP who has asked a excellent question, i had not really thought about it until now.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I sometimes wonder why it's only Brits and Danes that really understands sarcasm as friendly humour...

Oh really ? (being sarcastic) , sarcasm doesn't always translate well in written form. It has a lot to do with how you say something too.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just wondering, how different is your online personal here at LPSG from your everyday self in the real world?
My online persona is me in a more concentrated form. :tongue: I am much more extroverted online than in person.

In reading some people's posts I wonder if they have the same attitude and communication style online as they do when they talk to people in the "real" world? Are you braver, shyer, more antagonistic, more helpful, etc?

I also find that I'm shyer and more coy when I discuss sex online but in real life, I'm quite blunt and matter-of-fact. Online I feel like I need to diffuse some of the sexual energy because it can seem to be too overwhelming and in real-life I seem to want to raise sexual energy because it's often too suppressed.
How about the rest of you?
When discussing sex or sexual acts online I am way more open and matter of fact. In person I rarely if ever discuss sex, and if I do it is in hushed tones. :redface: Kind of like the way people used to say, "Did you hear? Susie from the general store has cancer."

I think I am probably a bit more introverted in real life than I am on here. I very rarely, if ever, discuss sexual matters and that is only to a very few RL friends. I work in what would be described as a cultural think tank of sorts so I come here to interact with a wide diversity of personalities and learn about things that are quite removed from my real life experience. The name "Naughty" was created "tongue and cheek" to say the least. I think the lines from Adam Ant's Goody Two Shoes probably best describe me. "Don't smoke, don't drink, what do ya do?" More later, perhaps...
Me too! I actually saw Adam Ant perform that in concert 23 years ago.

I'm way more antagonistic online, but I do love to argue points to my friends that I don't actually believe in, especially regarding religion and politics. I'm a devils advocate.
Unfortunately, I've noticed there are many here like you. :12: My question is why? What joy do you get from being so intentionally antagonistic? If I don't believe in something, I am certainly not going to argue in favor of it. :tongue: