Online petitions

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Shelby, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Shelby

Gold Member

And I doubt this one will make much difference. But I'm 100% behind the sentiment. If you agree sign on and pass it along to you friends.

2. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">To: Internet advertisers</span>

Dear internet advertisers,

We, the undersigned, wish to demonstrate the pointless nature of forced web site registration schemes and the dubious demographic data they collect.

On November 13th we will each register an account using fake details at one or more of these top 10 offending sites:

www.nytimes.com
    www.washingtonpost.com
    www.latimes.com

www.ajc.com
    www.chicagotribune.com
    www.dallasnews.com
    www.nypost.com
    www.baltimoresun.com
    www.philly.com
    www.mercurynews.com

Sincerely,

The Undersigned[/b][/quote]
    The ones in bold = already have. A couple years ago anyway.

3. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Forget online petitions. Instead of urging friends to "sign this petition online" urge them to write an actual physical snail-mail letter to their congressmen and senators. A bag of envelopes dumped on your representatives&#39; desks will do much more than a little tally sheet (which probably just ends up in the trash, anyway. Online petitions cannot be legally binding.)

4. Shelby

Gold Member

You&#39;re right, they are not legally binding. Hence the title of this thread.

But this petition isn&#39;t seeking legal relief. It&#39;s more of a call to retaliate against offensive behavior

5. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Well, the link did not work for me, so I was only going on what I had to work with. I don&#39;t know what offensive behavior you refer to, nor what the petition hoped to accomplish in retaliation.

Draft saved Draft deleted