Online petitions

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">To: Internet advertisers</span>

Dear internet advertisers,

We, the undersigned, wish to demonstrate the pointless nature of forced web site registration schemes and the dubious demographic data they collect.

On November 13th we will each register an account using fake details at one or more of these top 10 offending sites:

www.nytimes.com
www.washingtonpost.com
www.latimes.com

www.ajc.com
www.chicagotribune.com
www.dallasnews.com
www.nypost.com
www.baltimoresun.com
www.philly.com
www.mercurynews.com

Sincerely,

The Undersigned[/b][/quote]
The ones in bold = already have. A couple years ago anyway.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Forget online petitions. Instead of urging friends to "sign this petition online" urge them to write an actual physical snail-mail letter to their congressmen and senators. A bag of envelopes dumped on your representatives&#39; desks will do much more than a little tally sheet (which probably just ends up in the trash, anyway. Online petitions cannot be legally binding.)

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
You&#39;re right, they are not legally binding. Hence the title of this thread.

But this petition isn&#39;t seeking legal relief. It&#39;s more of a call to retaliate against offensive behavior

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, the link did not work for me, so I was only going on what I had to work with. I don&#39;t know what offensive behavior you refer to, nor what the petition hoped to accomplish in retaliation.