Online Self Advertising

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by SpoiledPrincess, Jan 15, 2008.

1. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I have this friend (really:tongue:) who has no sexual experience with men but who is dying to try a guy out, up to now (because of his social situation) he's been trying to hook up online, but he's had no luck, he's had phone conversations with several guys who suddenly disappear. I've told him it's because they were probably fake in some way, that they enjoyed the online flirting but when it threatened to become real it was too much for them. I told him to put his own advert up because then he's laying out what he wants, they're approaching him so possibly it might be more successful.
    Many of the hook up sites are cons, so which ones are good ones to place ads on, who's had any luck on a site of this sort and any tips you can give him?

2. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

From the lack of response it looks like his experience is a pretty general one, people on the net mostly just talk the talk :)

3. B_houugadunor

B_houugadunor member

I would advise your friend to go onto gaydar.co.uk - What you want, when you want it, its the mecca for gay guys and bi guys in the UK. You can put as much or as little info on there as you want and most of the people on there would carry on through to a meet.

Also you have the option of pics, chat etc much like LPSG!

4. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

I dont know what site SP but, definitely not this one. Good luck to your friend.

5. Roscoz

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Why not this one ?

6. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I should have made it clearer, he's an online friend from America but thanks flamer.

7. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

There are SO many sites for meeting and hooking up.

gay.com
    gaydar
    manhunt
    adam4adam
    daddyhunt
    men4sexnow
    men4rentnow
    adultfriendfinder

I am sure there are equivalents all over the world and many of these sites are the same and filter by location.

Your friend needs to realize that the online hook-up game is flighty.

8. Sixofspades

Sixofspades New Member

If he wants sex with no strings attached (and since he's a guy I can only assume that's what he wants) I would have him take a look at adult friend finder (Adult FriendFinder - The WorldÂ’s Largest Online Adult Personals for Adult Dating, Swingers, Sexy Adult Photos, Amateur Member Videos, and Adult Chat). They have a huge gay population and if he's open, honest, and posts a good ad it's only a matter of time before he finds someone. I've never used the site myself but I know a number of people who have used it.

9. B_houugadunor

B_houugadunor member

No worries, they do have a US section on gaydar however I believe the US equivalent to be Manhunt.net or gay.com, those are pretty mainstream and cover all bases!

10. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

Yeah Lex, he does realise that which is why I suggested posting a thread asking if people had had any success on any particular sites.

11. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Well, success really depends on exactly what you are looking for and from whom. Some sites tend to have more men of color than others, some tend to have older men, some tend to have skinnier men, etc.

It's hard to say which site would work best for him without him knowing more about what he is seeking.

Also--there are cons on EVERY site.

Draft saved Draft deleted