Online training & questions

Bigbear11

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Very strange place to post this but seems be so many of yous into training which is awesome lol but for any of yous who are interested , i do online training, both for gym training and advise and for mental health too :) drop me message if anyone is interested in learning more. Also if you have any questions drop the question below and ill do my best to answer for yous guys :)

My credits are I've competed internationally in strength sports and bodybuilding one top coaches locally and PT :)

Reactions: deleted804793

Kassokilleri2ff

Experimental Member
Media
I've been trying to figure out if a novice lifter can legitimately lose fat while gaining muscle. I've lost 40lbs of fat prior to starting to lift. I didn't count my calories, it's a bit of a pain in the ass for me to do it because I practically live in a cardboard box lol. Not literally but that's what it feels like. Basically I ate two meals a day during this time. Anyways I lost the 40lbs over about 6 months. I started lifting weights and walking on the treadmill. Since I've started my weight went down a bit more and then it stopped, and for the past 6 weeks I've been at 230-235lbs. Just up one week, down the next, up and down and up and down! I still eat two meals a day so I don't know why I'm not losing weight anymore.

So I've been wondering if it's even possible to gain muscle weight and lose fat which would explain my up and down weight. I know supposedly for experienced lifters it's absolutely no. But for a brand new lifter it seems very up in the air! Any help?

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been trying to figure out if a novice lifter can legitimately lose fat while gaining muscle. I've lost 40lbs of fat prior to starting to lift. I didn't count my calories, it's a bit of a pain in the ass for me to do it because I practically live in a cardboard box lol. Not literally but that's what it feels like. Basically I ate two meals a day during this time. Anyways I lost the 40lbs over about 6 months. I started lifting weights and walking on the treadmill. Since I've started my weight went down a bit more and then it stopped, and for the past 6 weeks I've been at 230-235lbs. Just up one week, down the next, up and down and up and down! I still eat two meals a day so I don't know why I'm not losing weight anymore.

So I've been wondering if it's even possible to gain muscle weight and lose fat which would explain my up and down weight. I know supposedly for experienced lifters it's absolutely no. But for a brand new lifter it seems very up in the air! Any help?

Yes, it is definitely possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.

Bigbear11

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Its possible , but slow and not easy, ur better concentrating on muscle gain for a while then cut body fat after 8-10 weeks. 2 meals a day will not grow muscle I'm affriad. Id need way more details to guide u in right direction tho.

Kassokilleri2ff

Experimental Member
Media
Yes, it is definitely possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.

How much can I gain though? Seems like I'd be gaining
Its possible , but slow and not easy, ur better concentrating on muscle gain for a while then cut body fat after 8-10 weeks. 2 meals a day will not grow muscle I'm affriad. Id need way more details to guide u in right direction tho.

Hmm OK I'll just shoot some shit out at you for now lol.

I have lifted sporadically in the past year. Two weeks here, a month there, one week another time lol. Very inconsistent with long gaps in between.

Currently I'm doing Wendler's 5/3/1 "boring but big." And since it's a program designed to add weight very slowly, I just add more weight because i'm obviously going to get stronger than the program accounts for. I also do "joker" sets, which is adding 10% to the lift and doing the prescribed reps for the week (5,3,1). I like the program cuz it has volume but also lets me test where my strength is which is really nice.

So far I'm on my 5th week of the program. This is the longest I ever lifted. I don't know if the weight matters, but so far the most I've squatted is 275, benched 185, deadlift 335, and overhead press 135. I do a bunch of accessory stuff as well. Just rows and lat pulldowns on bench/ohp day, and some ab stuff like planks on squat/dl day.
I also walk on the treadmill 4 days a week after I lift. I just go until it says I burned 300 calories. Not sure why just sounds like a good number lol.

I am usually stuck eating out every day. So for example I might have mcdonalds twice. I'll have the artisan grilled chicken sandwhich meal or something to that effect. So when I eat out I try to have food like that. I'll count the calories like that. Two mcdonalds meals for example might come out to like 1800-2000 calories. So I'll have that plus like a couple snacks at home. My goal is to eat 2300 calories. But since I don't accurately track them I'm never sure. I'm just guessing really. Sometimes I'll make chicken and rice at home if I have time. I buy pre packaged bowls of rice so I'll know the calories for that stuff.

Need to know anything else?

Reactions: roundmidnight01
D

deleted1045254

Very strange place to post this but seems be so many of yous into training which is awesome lol but for any of yous who are interested , i do online training, both for gym training and advise and for mental health too :) drop me message if anyone is interested in learning more. Also if you have any questions drop the question below and ill do my best to answer for yous guys :)

My credits are I've competed internationally in strength sports and bodybuilding one top coaches locally and PT :)
I have been working out for years and have a ok level of fitness. But have had many injuries that have sidelined me many times. I have heard a lot over the last few years that I need to lose weight due to being to fat. I have been release to work hard again. Not sure what the right size for me is and how to lose more weight. I have lost 30lbs already and have just completed my first full marathon. I am a runner and go to the gym three day a week on top of running. Need help. Not sure if you can.

Notaes

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

I am retired and love being Hm. Can't really afford gym membership but would love to build up my chest where my nipples are. I forget what you call them. Is it pecs? Also, my wife tells me I have no butt. Would love to built up my gluts to give her a butt to look at and feel. Any home exercises I can do? I have some 3,5 10 lb hand weighs and some bands that stretch. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!