Online Trust

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Rikter8, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Just a rant that I have right now... [​IMG]

I shared a copy of my fleshlight video with the premium members of this board, as some wanted to see/experience what it was like to use one. With over 2000 views, apparently it was liked. Thank you.

Well... About a week later, I got an IM from a guy on Yahoo that had a group for fleshlight users.
    We got to talking, and then he asked if we could swap vids. Hesitently I said "Ok...but keep it to yourself"
    Yahoo Member - "Oh ok..no problem"
    About 15 minutes later, it appeared in his online directory for all to see/download.

Despite 2 requests to him to remove it...he hasn't. [​IMG]

My frustration with people like this has caused me to create a "Shit list", which I am soon to publish the usernames with their crimes.

Mabee when the world can see their name, they'll think twice about screwing people over.

Yes, I know people steal pictures. Yes, I gave it out there with that chance.
    That's not the point.
    When you tell someone "Keep it to yourself" They should be Mature enough to respect that.

Also, my Yahoo ID... If you want to chat with me, Please PVT me here first.
    Ive got 14+ requests to "Allow to add to so-n-so's Yahoo list" Many of them say "From LPSG"
    Thats great, but its not so great when if I don't provide a Pic or video within the first 5 minutes of the conversation, you suddenly dissapear, never to be seen again.
    If you want Pictures, go to the Forum, Do NOT add me for a look at my dick.

Don't get me wrong here folks... I'm always happy to meet/chat with new people. Thats why im here.
    I'm not here to be a picture publisher.

*Steps off Soapbox*

C

2. Onslow

Gold Member

Sorry this happened to you. You have learned as many have over the years that the internet is filled with users and abusers and sadly you got caught in that web of woe. People steal pictures, videos, written ideas and anything else they can and many times then pass it off as their own. Have you considered contacting YAHOO directly? Not sure how the process would go but if you have memos with this person asking for it to stay only within his hands then maybe Yahoo would close his account--still not a guarentee he wouldn't publish it again though on a different account or even another site entirely.

With regard to the listing of user names, that is not going to do a whole world of a lot since many folks use fake names and i.d.s when on the internet.

Main thing though, I hope it all gets straightened out for you. Keep us informed if you so choose.

3. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    I already contacted the server where the file resides. I am awaiting a response, but I don't expect much to be done, as im sure he will just upload it back when he doesnt see it there.

Understood about the Names... What us PC geeks do, is list IP addy's.... so we can get down and dirty.
    I can tell exactly what ISP, hub and location theyre coming from... So theres no hiding.
    If I wanted to get REALLY nasty....I can tap in, and knock on their screen....

But...I'll keep it mild for now.

I just needed to vent... and remind others on the board, that this is proof that it DOES happen.

C

4. Thedrewbert

Thedrewbert Member

Albums:
    So.. uh... can I see your vid?

Draft saved Draft deleted