oops the truth is out(ed)

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Dr Rock, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    you probably heard about this already, but it turns out that the communications director for everyone's favorite potato-head senator is actually gay.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE: ricky himself has actually accused the reporters responsible for disseminating this information of BIGOTRY. that's right, folks: the rape-a-pelican party's premier fag-basher called someone else a bigot. OH DELICIOUS IRONY.

When Rogers asked Traynham if he supported Santorum's opposition to LGBT rights, the communications director became agitated, saying, "This is how you get your twisted wiles." Traynham eventually hung up.
    :eyes:

so what do we all think about this and how it relates to "santo"'s outspoken advocacy for raining fire on the sodomites? I'd be particularly interested to hear from all the self-loathing gay conservatives here :D

2. dufus

dufus New Member

Wow! This is the first that I have heard of this. Thanks to Dr. Rock for the post. My genuine hope is that Santorum will be defeated in the next election.

3. jonb

Gold Member

Jeff Gannon also accused the people who outed him of bigotry, despite his saying Kerry could be "the first gay president".

4. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

First gay president? Did he forget about James "Betsy" Buchanon?

5. Freddie53

Gold Member

Well Dr. Rock,

And you are surprised? Tis! Tis! Wasn't it during the 2004 elections that the Republican Party sailed to victory on an anti-gay platform with Dick Chenny and his lovely lesbian daughter and her significant other in tow?

I will give Chenny credit. He publically disagreed with his boss dubya on the subject. This is important information to remember. It may be the only statesmanlike action that dear ole Dick may take in his entire political career.

Dr. Rock,

You aren't old enough to remember and were born in the wrong country even if you were old enough, but the Republicans are back to the same antics they were in the 50's. Joe McCarthy destroyed many people before he was finally exposed and censored. An entire generation would pass before enough Americans died and new ones who knew nothing of McCarthy would start voting before the Republicans could regain control of Congress. Hopefully soon, the American people will figure all this out and restore a democratic party in control of Congress. Notice the small d there.

6. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    I don't remember, but I do know someone who was a "witness" in the '53-54 GOC / HUAC hearings, and I've read quite a bit on the subject, so I can certainly understand the comparison.

on the other hand, it's worth remembering that nobody actually got sent to prison for refusing to testify in one of mccarthy's hearings. john ashcroft, on the other hand, chucked thousands of people in the slammer without charges, hearings OR inquiries. :eyes:

7. smallman

smallman New Member

yeah, santorum's an ass.

8. Freddie53

Gold Member

I don't remember, but I do know someone who was a "witness" in the '53-54 GOC / HUAC hearings, and I've read quite a bit on the subject, so I can certainly understand the comparison.

on the other hand, it's worth remembering that nobody actually got sent to prison for refusing to testify in one of mccarthy's hearings. john ashcroft, on the other hand, chucked thousands of people in the slammer without charges, hearings OR inquiries. :eyes:
    [post=331563]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    I hope you weren't planning on it getting any better on this side of the Atlantic. If so, I'm afriad you are going to be sorely disappointed. Wait till after the 2006 elections when ALL of the Bush team is lame duck. We haven't seen anything yet.

9. madame_zora

Gold Member

I found this quote particularly ironic:

"It is entirely unacceptable that my staffs' personal lives are considered fair game by partisans looking for arguments to bolster my opponent's campaign," Santorum's statement continued. The senator is up for reelection next year against his likely Democratic opponent, State Treasurer Robert P. Casey Jr.

Oh yeah, now I remember, it's only fair to consider the personal lives of Democrats, silly me.

10. jonb

Gold Member

That's our Ricky for you. Always do as I say, not as I do.

Draft saved Draft deleted