Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Philadelphia Sports Club - Highpoint location in Chalfont has two locker rooms. One locker room has only an open shower. The other has both open and stall showers. Both locker rooms have sauna and steam room.
I was just there as a guest today and can verify that this is still true. It's an old-school setup and older and younger guys seem to be comfortable with it. I had a chat with a young guy when we were both getting undressed. He seemed completely unfazed when I stripped off my underwear as we chatted and he still did the same. We resumed the chat in the shower...across from each other and facing each other much of the time. It's nice to see that a younger guy was completely comfortable seeing my scrub my dick as we chatted and equally comfortable doing the same

I don't know about PA, but I go to a Y in Canada that has an open shower. It was remodelled a few years ago, and they kept the open shower. I use the plus locker room which in addition to having an unlimited towel service, also has a hot tub and steam room that everyone uses naked. Also, it is for 18+ only which I like. I don't want to have to endure bratty kids or paranoid fathers who think everyone is a pervert and is out to molest their sons.

Reactions: sdbg

B_Hornaplenty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Don't know if you have Bally Fitness Centers in your area, but here in Boston I use Bally and some of their facilities are set up with gang shower rooms. It's been a good place to shower casually while managing to compare the competition.

beentheredonethat

Just Browsing
Media
The Aquatic & Fitness Center (Riverside) in Bala Cynwyd has a larger completely open shower room with about 30 shower heads. I was a member there about 10 years ago and was quite surprised to see this layout. Actually, they redid the shower area while I was a member and kept it completely open. It's right over the river from Manayunk, so lots of young professionals are members. I always worked out before work and was surprised to see so many young guys showering before work there. Lots of good memories. It was a great gym, btw - best in area. The Bally's in King of Prussia also has open showers, but it's a total dump. Club LaMaison in Wayne has both open showers as well as a few stalls with curtains...

OandyO

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Thansk beentheredonethat! I always wondered what the place across the river from manayunk was like. I think I will check out Club La Maison since it is closer.

necrokr6236

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Every YMCA i have been to in PA has open showers, but i live in central PA, come to think of it a LOT of gyms in central PA have open showers lol just move west a little

OandyO

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
the YMCA's around here seem like they used to be open but have dividers and curtains now. Most are too small to even close the curtain and shower properly; what's the point?

Wouldn't mind running into you in the open showers. Looking good necrock

necrokr6236

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
haha thanks! when i was younger i always used to take like REALLY long showers after the gym i dont know why i guess just having people see my cock turns me on lol

CURVEDANDTHICKK

Expert Member
Media
This is exactly why people don't like showering in public areas. My sons go to the local Y to swim and I can't help but think about perverts looking at them naked in the locker room for their own perverted sexual gratification. I don't want to think about what I'm capable of if someone tries to touch them or tells them something. This is why I tell them to stick together all the time and to just change clothes not use the shower and get out of there as soon as they can. And when ever it is possible Daddy is there standing right next to them.

Looking over these blogs opened my eyes. My kids are 16 and 14 and to some people on here they are ripe for the picking. I'm not naive in any way and yes I know that they have sexual feelings and get sexually aroused. I expect them to engage in sexual activity but I want it to be age appropriate. I expect my 16 and 14 year old to play show me yours and I'll show you mine with other 16 and 14 year olds. Not some 30 year old dude with a hard on asking my son if he can suck his dick or staring at them in the locker room admiring how big his dick is.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
I can certainly understand your point, Curvedandthick. I think, tho, most guys here aren't talking about seducing underage kids. Gay men really aren't more inclined to that kind of perversion than straight men. In fact, most underage stuff like that is older man- younger girl.
However, in the LR that certainly wouldn't be the issue. Still, I do think when guys say "younger guys" they mean above 18, just not older adults.
You're a good dad, sounds like.

I have to say, when I was 16 or so, I wouldn't have minded an older hot dude putting the moves on me, tho' it might have flipped me out, and it wouldn't have been appropriate.
Nonetheless, I'm all for protecting kids.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
You can also terrify kids though. I would make it known not to take candy from strangers, like my parents did forty+ years ago. But I wouldn't try to make them afraid of random people who are minding their own business. It's like all the people who were afraid of Y2K ten years ago. My mom seriously had her mind going about it and she didn't own and couldn't use a computer then or now. Why put fear in people for something that likely will never happen? At fourteen and sixteen they know a lot about the world and will be able to deal with these challenges without inheriting their father's world wise or world weary fears.

The shower room is not a place I fear, nor the people in it, nor has it ever been.

dad4you

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
open showers aren't for everyone. there are plenty of gyms around. find a new one that has private showers. no big deal.

buzzrider7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Wow.
I think we have our answer to understanding why younger guys are terrified to be naked around other men these days.

This is exactly why people don't like showering in public areas. My sons go to the local Y to swim and I can't help but think about perverts looking at them naked in the locker room for their own perverted sexual gratification. I don't want to think about what I'm capable of if someone tries to touch them or tells them something. This is why I tell them to stick together all the time and to just change clothes not use the shower and get out of there as soon as they can. And when ever it is possible Daddy is there standing right next to them.

Looking over these blogs opened my eyes. My kids are 16 and 14 and to some people on here they are ripe for the picking. I'm not naive in any way and yes I know that they have sexual feelings and get sexually aroused. I expect them to engage in sexual activity but I want it to be age appropriate. I expect my 16 and 14 year old to play show me yours and I'll show you mine with other 16 and 14 year olds. Not some 30 year old dude with a hard on asking my son if he can suck his dick or staring at them in the locker room admiring how big his dick is.

alphadawgd

1st Like
Media

shut up douchebag...your the only one talking about that shit and imagining it. pretty sure your son's can take care of themselves in that situation. i would go to locker rooms when i was 14 and was fine.

CURVEDANDTHICKK

Expert Member
Media
I guess I have upset a few pervs. Like it or not if you go to public showers or bathrooms with the intent to see unsuspecting naked guys regardless of age to get your voyeristic sexual gratification you are a pervert. No different than guys who are peeping toms because that is what you are a sexual predator. Go to a park, club, store, mall where ever to meet guys in a normal manner.