Open Relationship?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by dbatr42069, Jan 8, 2012.

1. dbatr42069

dbatr42069 Member

Albums:
    So my girlfriend and I decided to try out an open relationship for a while to see how it goes. I'm interested in guys, but have never been with one at all. It's going to be weird to be out in the dating scene a bit again... especially since this girl was my first.

Anyone find themselves in the same boat? I'm not sure how to approach this.

2. Infernal

Gold Member

Albums:
    communicate, communicate, communicate

No matter how uncomfortable it is , you have to learn to communicate about your feelings with each other. If you can't, it leads to misunderstandings, anger, and jealousy. Set boundaries and expectations. What do you want, what are you comfortable with, how much do you want to know, or do you want to know at all, and are you willing to share the same ? Above everything, be honest with yourself. If you can't do that, you can't be honest with others.

3. dbatr42069

dbatr42069 Member

Albums:
    That's good advice. Thanks

4. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

As Infernal mentioned, communicate and learn to let go of any jealousy as it surfaces.

I also add, respect your partner, honor your commitment to each othe and rules, if any. Also, inform the people you will be dating that there is a relationship in place and that they have to respect both it and your partner. If the person does not respect your boundaries or attempts to undermine your primary relationship, part with them before any harm can be done.

Congratulations on finding a partner who supports you exploring the bounds of your sexuality. I hope she has fun, too. :)

5. dbatr42069

dbatr42069 Member

Albums:
    what's the best way to meet guys? I'm kind of shy and very new to this. I feel almost lost.

6. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm pretty sure that your area has a pretty active LGBT society. Find out some of their activities and get involved.

Other than that, you can set up on line profiles at verious sites. Make sure that if you do, you make it clear that you are in a relationship,so that others can know from the start what your circumstances are.

I can't echo "total communication" enough. I know several couples that have open relationships, and I can tell you that the only successful ones, are the ones that put their partner as the highest priority, which includes the communication.

Along with commincating with your partner, it's also extremely important that you communicate with any potential outside partners. Let them know up front that you are not looking for something to replace what you have, just add to it.

Good Luck :smile:

Draft saved Draft deleted