Operations

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My friend called me a freak today because apart from having kids I've never been in hospital or had an operation, I suppose I've been lucky and I'll get up one day and have 79 things wrong with me BUT what operations have you had?

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yikes, well...

13 years old - I had all the breast tissue in both of my breasts removed (so I'll never have breast cancer). Hospitalized for a week.

15 years old - 4 skin biopsies (removal of 4 skin lesions) (looking for cancer) While in hospital for two weeks of tests.

15 years old - bone marrow taken from hip for test (looking for cancer). Same hospital stay as above. It turned out I didn't have cancer. Only I had 100 golf ball sized lesions all over my body and it turned out to be a very rare skin condition.

19 years old - infected sebaceous cyst removed from the back of my neck.

37 years old - catheter ablation to burn my heart in order to cure ectopic atrial tachycardia (unsuccessful)

37 years old (one week later) - catheter ablation to burn my heart in order to cure ectopic atrial tachycardia (unsuccessful)

So, my tachycardia (rapid heart rate) is chronic and I take medicine every day to keep my heart rate down to normal. No heart disease (thank goodness). It's an electrical problem.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My friend called me a freak today because apart from having kids I've never been in hospital or had an operation, I suppose I've been lucky and I'll get up one day and have 79 things wrong with me BUT what operations have you had?
SpoiledPrincess, I don't find that terribly odd. Let's be serious there are far more interesting reasons to call you a freak. :wink::tongue::biggrin1: Most people find it odd that I have never had a broken bone which required a cast.

November 1990 - Removal of corns from little toes (L&R). I have the bad feet of a dancer. :redface:
December 1997 - Graves Disease treated by radioactive iodine, followed next day by 45 minutes of radiation. Followed by a chemo type reaction: hair loss, physical weakness, week of high temps and vomiting
November 1998 - Vaginal removal of 3 large pear shaped uterine fibroids and a D&C. A 4th fibroid was left inside.
March 2001 - Removal of nasal polyps from left nostril. (Left nasal passage was completely blocked)
March 2006 - Wide local excision of lower right labia to remove vulvar carcinoma.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My friend called me a freak today because apart from having kids I've never been in hospital or had an operation...

SP, it sounds like your "friend" is jealous and envious. :confused:

As for me, I've certainly have my share of hospital visits for minor inuries and life threatening traumas. While I was grateful to get good medical care, I can't say I like hospitals much.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sheesh, I suggest you stay out of the gallery then. It often makes my heart race. :tongue:

Yikes, well...

13 years old - I had all the breast tissue in both of my breasts removed (so I'll never have breast cancer). Hospitalized for a week.

15 years old - 4 skin biopsies (removal of 4 skin lesions) (looking for cancer) While in hospital for two weeks of tests.

15 years old - bone marrow taken from hip for test (looking for cancer). Same hospital stay as above. It turned out I didn't have cancer. Only I had 100 golf ball sized lesions all over my body and it turned out to be a very rare skin condition.

19 years old - infected sebaceous cyst removed from the back of my neck.

37 years old - catheter ablation to burn my heart in order to cure ectopic atrial tachycardia (unsuccessful)

37 years old (one week later) - catheter ablation to burn my heart in order to cure ectopic atrial tachycardia (unsuccessful)

So, my tachycardia (rapid heart rate) is chronic and I take medicine every day to keep my heart rate down to normal. No heart disease (thank goodness). It's an electrical problem.

Tlss

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm the same. I've never been in a hospital for a operation which I think is a good thing. I hate hospitals

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Wow! I have had sooo many things happen,let's see if I can recall a few for all you horror story lovers!
Ectopic pregnancy that ruptured,bleeding internally,rushed to surgery.
Abscess in groin.
Pneumonia,left untreated,two collapsed lungs filled with blood, fever of 106
rushed to surgery removal of half a lung.
Bacterial Endocarditis, too many times to mention,(more than eight)eighteen weeks of antibiotics at one stay.
Blood infection from hospital stay for endocarditis, given last rites.
Iv'e had last rites more than ten times. Yikes!
More recent stays for Open heart surgery to replace non-existant tricuspid valve,replaced with zoonotic? valve.
Hit by a redneck in a truck in Florida when I would'nt get in with him,shattered pelvis.
One year almost to the day rollover car accident,in which I managed to crawl out the back window and was thrown 70 feet and broke everything from the neck down,collarbones, ribs, fingers, crushed legs, shattered in six places pelvis,spleen crushed refused surgery,broken back and totally black and blue from the neck down.
Last year five surgeries, both legs for bleeding varicosities, I tend to shoot blood out of my ankles like a fountain and quickly bleed out which has led to many,many transfusions,hence the blood disease from hospital which almost cost my life.
Both wrist for severe carpal tunnel and nerve damage {too many hand jobs?} Kidding! But not about the surgery!
And lastly I just had my shoulder fixed for some damage from a car accident.
I have left some things out,for I think this is quite extensive.
How was your year?
cigarbabe:saevilw:

Elmer Gantry

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have never broken a bone (that I'm aware of) and I have never required stitches. I went to the docs for a check up a couple of years ago at the prodding of my gf. This guy is the family doctor and treats all of us. He had to search long and hard ot find my card and it was just that, a single file card!

And yet I play football in winter (Aust. Rules real mens football), cricket in summer and ride MotoX in between. I guess I still bounce!

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I cut my thumb with a circular saw and got some stitches in the ER and had a varicocele embolized but other than that no other operations. *knock on wood*

I have a general anethma to doctors and their assumed position as being the gardians of health. Some negative experiences entrusting some incompetent doctors and medical professionals in childhood have made me wary of the many quacks in the medical establishment who have absolutely no understanding of my body.

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The one and only for me was to have my right testicle removed.(Pulled up through my belly!)Lady's respect the package,and boy's protect it at all cost.A strangled testicle is the most painful thing I've ever felt!Ever listened to a pig being castrated?That's the sound that came out of my mouth when it strangled.I was on morphine for 3 days after and it took 2 weeks to get on my feet again.

B_Swimming Lad

Experimental Member
Media
I broke my hip in a running race wen I was 14. lol
They knoked me out and fiddled about with it and it fixed without needing a metal replacement!! But I've been told it will probably break again within my lifetime and then i will need a titanium one.

Watch out airports!! :biggrin1:

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Let's see:
Tonsils out at age six
Cyst removed form face at fourteen
Surgery on left shoulder at forty
Surgery on right shoulder a forty-five
Surgery on left knee at forty eight
Anti-reflux surgery at age fifty
Reoperation of my abdomen to remove adhesions caused by botched anti-reflux surgery at age fifty-one
Srgery on my left foot to remove Morton's neuroma (cyst on a nerve) at forty-four.
It seems that my abdominal adhesions are re-growing and I fully expect to reguire them to go in again in the not-too-distant future. I'm trying to find a surgeon who is very familiar with the use of adhesion barriers (Seprafilm). So far, my research suggests that the best place may be Vanderbilt but I hate the idea of having major surgery so far from home. We'll see.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I've also been lucky never having to have surgery nor having had any broken bones in my life. The most serious thing that's ever happened to me is a foot laceration in February of 2000. I was walking barefoot one night (as I usually did back then) and cut myself on some glass. It required some stitches, but it wasn't too bad. Anyway, I also hate hospitals and doctors, so I'm glad I've never had to visit them that often. Here's hoping my luck continues!:fingersx:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've never had to be admitted to the hospital either. I only had one broken bone in my forearm and that was 6 years ago and only a hairline fracture. (the x-ray tech could not even see it, but the doctor did)

huw ginnit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've only been IN hospital once, for a routine appendectomy....which three months later I still hadn't recovered from....

You see they "forgot" to tie off a vein, so three days after initially being given the all clear, a week after being admitted, I am back on the ward. The vein had leaked 7 pints into a small black swelling at the top of my leg, (tho the night call GP said it was gastro-enteritis...very common after abdominal surgery apparently), I was re-admitted however, and after a couple of days of morphia and some way out dreams following a second operation to tie off that pesky vein they strapped me to the bed with drains either side...only the trainee nurse they sent to remove the tubes a week later, couldn't managed it and I had to remove the drains myself.

Then, after standing for the first time in like three weeks, I asked what that "funny smell" was and where it was coming from..... It was ME!. The initial wound opened in three places and I started to blacken, with Septicaemia, I was near death, but somehow managed to pull through...(I can't have been the prospect of NHS toast, which is made once a week it seems...ugh)

After two weeks in bed on the bowel ward ("Morning has broken" and HOW! pheweee!!) I was able to sit up and take solids, and slowly started my recovery programme...I was 7 stone in weight, (I am 6'3"), I had to be 8 stone at least before they'd even consider letting me leave, so they dosed me with a "fortifying drink" to build me up, only no-one noticed the ingredients included nut based deriviatives, and I am highly allergic, they knew; but no-one checked.... it took them about a week to find this as a cause for my continued vomiting and general deterioration, I thought Doctor knew best, I was wrong. Once those drinks stopped I recovered quite quickly... a bit more physio, and bit of dietician care and I made it home.

Then the wound opened a second time.... More antibiotics, more weight loss, onset of symptoms of depression (understandably I'd have thought) and two weeks later, I went home. Finally. All told I was in hospital for 8 1/2 weeks, for an operation they do every day. My appendix scar is the ugliest one I have ever seen.

So, I have only been hospitalised the once.

I'd rather die at home!