Operations

I wish I'd gotten my impacted wisdom teeth removed that way. If I had, I probably wouldn't have had the abscess that nearly killed me.

I've had the bottom two wisdom teeth (both impacted) removed. The left side shortly after the abscess, when I had regained enough health to have it removed (it got infected anyway!), and the right side two years later. I still have my wisdom teeth on the top, but they are both impacted too. I just hope they don't cause problems like the bottom left one did.

That's awful! They gave me a choice but a friend had them out in office and he said it was horrible. I had four normal teeth removed prior by the same surgeon in his office when I got braces and he had given me liquid valium for that. I wasn't technically under, but I was totally out of everything. All I remember was waking up to hear, "Sutures, please," and I thought, 'What a nice man. He said, 'please!'' :biggrin1: Couldn't feel a thing!

So I knew he was a great doctor and it helped immensely that he looked like a doctor. He was bald with a half ring of white hair running from ear to ear and he had these glasses that rendered him the spitting image of Dr. Bunsen Honeydew from the Muppets. We made the appointment, I spent the night in the outpatient center, woke-up with a raging hard on and my heart at 30bpm. Then a nurse came in, stabbed me with something to dry me out, and I went to pee. Later they put me on a gurney, wheeled me in and there was Dr. Honeydew. What alarmed me weren't all the machines and instruments, but the anesthesiologist. My mom worked in the hospital and had arranged for everyone she knew was the best. She swore this guy, Dr. Chu, was fantastic. He stuck my arm with an IV and then he leaned over me with his glasses, all dressed in green, and held up his hands as he said, "You go sleep now!"

What? "You go sleep now?" This guy doesn't speak English? Oh shit! He's Vietnamese! I hope my mom didn't tell him about my father's service in Vietnam! "Now count the number backward. Ten, nine..." Holy shit! What if something happens? My life (as my mother said, the anesthesiologist is the most important doctor in the OR) was in the hands of a boat people person! The look of alarm on my face must have been priceless because he and the nurse both looked at me strangely. All I could manage to say was, "I go sleep now," just as I conked out.

Two days later I went to see Cats (I hated it) and have dinner at Sardi's (I saw Claudette Colbert at the bar!):biggrin1:.