Opinions on Hillary Clinton

Bardox

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some Dems have been pushing for her to run in 2016. I've been avoiding the topic because it's two years away and she hasn't even said if she would run or not. When asked, she is vague to the point of saying nothing. (which is annoying...) Since we seem to have a fair number of Dems and lefty peeps here I'd like to know your thoughts. Conservatives are of course welcome to voice their opinions as well.

As some know I myself am a democrat. I am not one of those who is eager to see Clinton run for POTUS again. I have several little problems with her voting record, but the main issue I have with her as a candidate is how hawkish she is. Never met a war she didn't like. She's right up there with McCain on military intervention. It's like she is trying to prove she can be as macho as anyone in the boys club or something.

IMO, she is a neo-con. If not for who her husband is, I think she would be better suited as a republican. Her "evolving political views" are always well behind the rest of the party. She doesn't change her stance on an issue until she is on the verge of being completely out of sync with rest of the party. I just don't understand all the excitement around her. Can anyone even tell me what her message actually is?? Just because some feel it is time for a female president is not a reason to vote for her. If that is your reason for wanting her to run then you do not belong in a voting booth. (Which, if you think about it, can be said for most voters who are "low information" voters or people who just don't know enough to make a rational decision.)

She's just... not right.

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some Dems have been pushing for her to run in 2016. I've been avoiding the topic because it's two years away and she hasn't even said if she would run or not. When asked, she is vague to the point of saying nothing. (which is annoying...) Since we seem to have a fair number of Dems and lefty peeps here I'd like to know your thoughts. Conservatives are of course welcome to voice their opinions as well.

As some know I myself am a democrat. I am not one of those who is eager to see Clinton run for POTUS again. I have several little problems with her voting record, but the main issue I have with her as a candidate is how hawkish she is. Never met a war she didn't like. She's right up there with McCain on military intervention. It's like she is trying to prove she can be as macho as anyone in the boys club or something.

IMO, she is a neo-con. If not for who her husband is, I think she would be better suited as a republican. Her "evolving political views" are always well behind the rest of the party. She doesn't change her stance on an issue until she is on the verge of being completely out of sync with rest of the party. I just don't understand all the excitement around her. Can anyone even tell me what her message actually is?? Just because some feel it is time for a female president is not a reason to vote for her. If that is your reason for wanting her to run then you do not belong in a voting booth. (Which, if you think about it, can be said for most voters who are "low information" voters or people who just don't know enough to make a rational decision.)

She's just... not right.

Two words: name recognition...positive name recognition of course. Couple that with the first female Prez angle, and you've got one helluva candidate.

I heard a funny line (admittedly on Fox) that the more folks see/hear Hillary, the less folks like Hillary. This was backed up by polling, but, being so far out, qualifies as who really cares in my book.

If she runs, I'd have her as a heavy favorite, regardless of record/viewpoint/etc.

slurper_la

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
She's probably going to remain the odds on favorite but she needs to shut up, go away, lay low for a while. People are getting sick of her popping up every other day... Hell it's like whack-a-mole with her...

I still can't get past her voting with Bush on Iraq or the fact she was (is?) on the board of wal-mart

I don't see any viable Rs rising above the fray to be a front runner

I fear we'll wind up with a dark horse centrist candidate that could peel off D votes allowing for an R win. However I'm hoping for the more likely; a bat shit crazy far right tea party looney will split R votes and secure an easy D win.

D

deleted213967

I can't wait for HRC to announce her official candidacy...It will be my pleasure to unearth the vilest (verbatim) comments she garnered in 2007-2008...not from the right, but from LPSG's own contingent of hard leftists.

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I can't wait for HRC to announce her official candidacy...It will be my pleasure to unearth the vilest (verbatim) comments she garnered in 2007-2008...not from the right, but from LPSG's own contingent of hard leftists.

Since the hard leftists have been slamming Obama for the past several years, I'm not sure why this should create much of a stir.

She is too damaged. Best thing for her to do is to become the elder statesman. If they allowed him to run again Bill would have a better shot.

Both parties have a lot of cleaning up to do before the next election.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To me, she has a real problem with coming across as insincere. This isn't an uncommon problem for politicians, but she's especially bad at it. Her fake, over the top, cackling laugh is the worst.

I'm not fond of the whole political dynasty thing in America either (Bush Sr -> Bush Jr. Bill Clinton -> Hillary Clinton. Ron Paul -> Rand Paul. Etc).

Neither she, nor Obama, took any kind of a leading stance on LGBT rights. Bill did, but these two didn't and I do place weight on people's civil rights record and these two just follow along behind public opinion. *yawn*

She'll likely appeal to me more than the Republican candidate, but I really want to see what other candidates step forward on the Dem side.

slurper_la

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

And it will be my pleasure to unearth the avalanche of loving platitudes she received from the right; the "anyone BUT the black guy" crowd

Jjz1109

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
And it will be my pleasure to unearth the avalanche of loving platitudes she received from the right; the "anyone BUT the black guy" crowd

I don't know about the "anyone BUT the black guy" but we were certainly right about this one. :rolleyes:

Naughty Teacher

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Despite her lack of warmth in big public settings, she's hard-working and smart. And I can't see her making the same kind of "let's be friends" mistakes that Obama has.

Hilary Clinton has had enemies for a while, and I think she's closer to the LBJ "Let's get things done" model than Obama is. I'd love to see bills moving through Congress again, there's plenty of work to do.

I've read lots of Secret Service guys talking about how she treated them like slaves.
Did they like it? :wink:

Despite her lack of warmth in big public settings, she's hard-working and smart. And I can't see her making the same kind of "let's be friends" mistakes that Obama has.

Hilary Clinton has had enemies for a while, and I think she's closer to the LBJ "Let's get things done" model than Obama is. I'd love to see bills moving through Congress again, there's plenty of work to do.
Agreed. :smile:

slurper_la

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I think you're right on the mark

Popyuu

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If she doesn't completely ruin it some way some how i think she's already won. Not saying this because i think she's the best person for the job or because she's a woman. I'm looking toward republicans. Republicans just haven't been able to NOT shoot themselves in the dick. Even while using the same tactics and political moves they've always used or well especially because. She would easily win over female republicans too. aka i wish republican would step their game up. Then again, republicans not doing the usual suspect might be good for the independent vote. Might add a little spice to that political life.

D

deleted213967

Since the hard leftists have been slamming Obama for the past several years, I'm not sure why this should create much of a stir.

I am not sure you were a member or observer at the time. Many of the perpetrators have since left (voluntarily and through banning).

I was flabbergasted by the tone, the meanness and the vulgarity of the insults she received at the time, especially when it became clear that she wouldn't concede the primary to Obama.

It was especially difficult to understand since HRC and BHO differed so little on policy proposals and ideology.

The occasional and quite belated "slamming" of Obama by the left has been quite muted on this forum and nothing like the crucifixion of HRC at the time.

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Agreed. She won't go there at all. She lacks Obama's naivete.

It would be nice if she could compile the legislative record that Johnson did -- but she doesn't even have the proverbial snowball's chance in hell.
Before assuming the vice presidency under JFK, Johnson been an extraordinarily effective majority leader of the Senate, so effective that historian Robert Dalleck once said "there was no more powerful majority leader in American history."
He also had a famously dominating personality of the sort that Clinton can't match.
Even more important, the Democrats held majorities in both houses throughout Johnson's time in the Oval Office.
And even without majorities in both houses, a president would have had a less recalcitrant congress to deal with. This was a more civil time in American politics; there was more conviction in the air that the good of the American people was more important than the specific preferences and agendas of either political party.

To me, she has a real problem with coming across as insincere. This isn't an uncommon problem for politicians, but she's especially bad at it. Her fake, over the top, cackling laugh is the worst.

I'm not fond of the whole political dynasty thing in America either (Bush Sr -> Bush Jr. Bill Clinton -> Hillary Clinton. Ron Paul -> Rand Paul. Etc).

Neither she, nor Obama, took any kind of a leading stance on LGBT rights. Bill did, but these two didn't and I do place weight on people's civil rights record and these two just follow along behind public opinion. *yawn*

She'll likely appeal to me more than the Republican candidate, but I really want to see what other candidates step forward on the Dem side.

I think your right on how he comes across to the middle.

The dynasty thing aggravates the shit out of me, as well. I would like to see some sort of legislation to reign in what damage the significant other can do behind the scenes or when hubby opts to make them some type of "czar". It's bullshit, a President is elected, no one said shit about a spouse. In no other public position does a wife (or husband) take on an active roll.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
In as much as the Republican party continues to pander to the extremist right winged loonies among their ranks, and continues to embrace ideology based upon hate speech, buzz words and code-speak that plays upon bigoted precepts, and continues to engage in ideology that protects the wealthiest among us, at the expense of the middle class and the working poor,

the Democrats would be HARD pressed to find a candidate that I wouldn't prefer, "centrist war hawk" or not.

Last edited:

h0neymustard

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Agreed. She won't go there at all. She lacks Obama's naivete.

It would be nice if she could compile the legislative record that Johnson did -- but she doesn't even have the proverbial snowball's chance in hell.
Before assuming the vice presidency under JFK, Johnson been an extraordinarily effective majority leader of the Senate, so effective that historian Robert Dalleck once said "there was no more powerful majority leader in American history."
He also had a famously dominating personality of the sort that Clinton can't match.
Even more important, the Democrats held majorities in both houses throughout Johnson's time in the Oval Office.
And even without majorities in both houses, a president would have had a less recalcitrant congress to deal with. This was a more civil time in American politics; there was more conviction in the air that the good of the American people was more important than the specific preferences and agendas of either political party.
Legislative record of LBJ huh? He was a thug, who carried around a list to blackmail people with.
His most telling quote is, "I'll have those n****** voting Democrat for the next 200 years."

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Legislative record of LBJ huh? He was a thug, who carried around a list to blackmail people with.
His most telling quote is, "I'll have those n****** voting Democrat for the next 200 years."
And this post will serve as an example of why everyone know you are a joke. Yes, everyone!