oral herpes

blakobra8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You know, it seems like the subject of STD transmission through oral sex is something that goes completely ignored by people and pop culture. You always hear about the importance of "safe sex", but it is almost implied that this only really counts for intercourse. I mean, really, when's the last time you've used a dental dam?

I've never personally gotten an STD due to oral, but I'm wondering if there are any brave souls who can attest that this ACTUALLY HAPPENS. Of course, I know it technically does, but I've never heard anyone admit it.

(all things considered, getting head with a condom/dental dam is the worst shit ever)

miamirt

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I am surprised by the number of guys who will perform oral with a perfect stranger and swallow when who knows what they are putting in their mouth (and then down their throat)???

deanf

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I read yesterday that having oral herpes causes a seroconversion that make you immune to genital herpes. Anyone care to confirm?

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I do not think that is correct. Oral herpes is a different strain of HSV than genital herpes; however, I am not 100% sure about immunity from a different strain if you have he other. My limited understanding of microbiology leaves me thinking you can get both.

pepinogrande

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
To me: sex should be for the deepening of friendship; not the cause of illness, pain and death.

With that in mind; I am very very happy just doing safe sex, e.g., a few beers, and a blow job, with a nice big covered dick. Fucking and kissing have never seemed clean to me: so, not the least temptation.

I have an incredibly libido; I've had sex hundreds of times a year for many many decades and not one disease. Why should i; i just keep it safe without worries.

Hope my experience helps. Safe Sex is Fun Sex.....with not one worry afterwords.

Threehandslong@gmail.com

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, it absolutely actually happens. Not to me, thank goodness, but there are many people out there who've contracted herpes through oral sex. So if you see a boil or a blister - or, even worse, a weeping sore - stay away or use a dental dam. If you don't have a dental dam, unroll a condom, cut it lengthwise so it looks like a sheet of latex, and spread that over the infected area.

That being said, I don't see how anyone with a herpes outbreak would be excited to have that area rubbed at all.

P.S. Oral herpes and genital herpes can both infect either region - so if you already have one type don't go risking the other as you could end up with both. Also, there are other types of herpes out there, such as herpes gladiatorum, which can break out anywhere on your skin.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wouldn't be so sure some of you don't have it. If you've had a cold sore- then you have herpes. Most people do not have any symptoms of herpes- so even if you haven't had a cold sore or similar outbreak, then you could still have oral. Same goes for genital herpes. I seem to get a cold sore every time I get sick. But remember, you can get oral herpes from just about anything- kissing, sucking dick, licking pussy- hell, even drinking after someone. It doesn't mean you are a slut. I've never had a genital herpes outbreak, but my doctor did a test and apparently I have it. He mentioned that millions of people have it but don't have outbreaks.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I wouldn't be so sure some of you don't have it. If you've had a cold sore- then you have herpes. Most people do not have any symptoms of herpes- so even if you haven't had a cold sore or similar outbreak, then you could still have oral. Same goes for genital herpes. I seem to get a cold sore every time I get sick. But remember, you can get oral herpes from just about anything- kissing, sucking dick, licking pussy- hell, even drinking after someone. It doesn't mean you are a slut. I've never had a genital herpes outbreak, but my doctor did a test and apparently I have it. He mentioned that millions of people have it but don't have outbreaks.

I just felt this needed to be repeated.

People have herpes and don't know it because they've been spared outbreaks, people get herpes without being promiscuous. I ended up with oral herpes in the most insane way possible, from a female relative who had sloppy kissing habits. She'd always deliver her wet lips towards the victims lips, nothing sexual on her part she was just showing her affection for family and friends. She was married and very true to her husband, so no idea how she got it. At that time I hadn't even touched another male or female so imagine the problems when the 'cold sores' came along. I can still get the outbreaks when I'm in long term stress situations which I know also causes outbreaks.

Never have had any other STD and considering how I've played around it's both surprising and something I am grateful for.