Oral Sex: Is it Intimate or Personal?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a question for everybody; bi, gay, trannys, straight, male or female.

When you are performing oral sex on another person do you consider this to be an intimate or a personal act? Would you go down on someone that you wouldn't kiss? And if so why?

I guess I am somewhat old school. To me fellatio is both a personal and intimate act. It's special and I won't do it to just any Tom, Dick, or Harry. If I'm sucking your cock, you can bet your last dollar you have already been thoroughly kissed by me. :wink: I think I would be a little freaked out if a guy wanted to eat my pussy, but not kiss me. It's like he's skipping an important step in the process or worse treating me like a hooker. :mad: I wouldn't tolerate that at all.

ScorpioSlut

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

When you are performing oral sex on another person do you consider this to be an intimate or a personal act? Would you go down on someone that you wouldn't kiss? And if so why?

I guess I am somewhat old school. To me fellatio is both a personal and intimate act. It's special and I won't do it to just any Tom, Dick, or Harry. If I'm sucking your cock, you can bet your last dollar you have already been thoroughly kissed by me. :wink: I think I would be a little freaked out if a guy wanted to eat my pussy, but not kiss me. It's like he's skipping an important step in the process or worse treating me like a hooker. :mad: I wouldn't tolerate that at all.

I totally agree!! I would say I'm more likely to have a random one night stand and just fuck the person than perform oral sex on someone I didn't have a deeper connection with. For some reason it just seems more intimate to me and follows some sort of natural progression in a relationship. Much like you I think I would find myself offended if someone wanted to perform oral but not kiss me....would definitely make me ask "what's up with that?".

Nala

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I agree, to me it's both personal and intimate.

I just can't enjoy it when I'm not 'into' the guy. I tried it once, to do a friend of mine a favour when he was going through a real hard time (...long story...), but I just couldn't enjoy it, I even felt miserable and had to control myself not to throw up.

It was a once in a lifetime experience for me, I've learned to draw the line the hard way.

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think like any sex act it really depends on the mood and the event leading up to it that determines how intimate and personal makes it to you both. Sometimes a sex act can be just not personal and very mechanical, while other times it can really bond you to a person and become closer as a result.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
my take:

When you are performing oral sex on another person do you consider this to be an intimate or a personal act? ABSOLUTELY Would you go down on someone that you wouldn't kiss? NO WAY IN HELL And if so why?

I AGREE

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
For me giving a blow job is a very intimate act. Like you nj i don't just blow anyone, and if there is a cock in my mouth then its because that person is very special to me. Also i dont give a blow job just for the hell of it, i enjoy it and i like to try my hardest to please while im doing it. I like the intimacy of it, i like the groans and moans he might make and i like the look in his eyes while im down there doing it.

And no i would never blow someone who i wouldnt kiss, or someone who wouldnt kiss me. Always above the belt before below the belt

Corius

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
We were two fifteen year olds with lots of time and lots of privacy and we discovered that kissing was one way in which we could satisfy our need to show our regard for each other. It was a wonderful summer and we enjoyed the many ways in which we could relate on many levels. The sexual part of our relationship was both intimate and personal; his body became as important to me as my own. During our last two years of high school we bonded, giving and receiving of our total selves. We are today both happpily married but the bond of friendship and love remains strong and we remain grateful that our time together made it possible for us to discover and experience a part of our sexuality which we had not ever considered before.

When the bonds which unite two persons are strong there are few ways in which those bonds are affirmed which to them will seem unnatural.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I have to say it depends....

With women, for me, oral sex is a very intimate thing. I would not go down on a woman I wasn't wanting to kiss.

But when it comes to cocksucking.... I am not attracted to men. I do not feel romantic feelings for them, nor have I ever or would I ever want to kiss one.
But I was 'conditioned' to suck cock and to enjoy it. I have not been able to alter that initial programming from that early exposure; its a permanent part of my sexual response, like it or not.

So, essentially, I was, in my youth, perfectly willing to service a guy with no anticipation of reciprocation and without any form of attachment... or with friendship at most.

It was more akin to mutual masturbation that it was to sexual intimacy.

But then... I think that men, in general, have no problem separating purely pleasurable sexual contact from the intimacy of love and romantic feeling.
A guy who just needs a blowjob is not gonna imagine it means something more...

On a masculine level... there are two different kinds of sex. There is the sex we have for others... and there is the sex we have for ourselves.

The former is caught up in romantic feeling and wanting to pleasure another person... its a giving thing.

The latter is more like beating off... its getting our rocks off with the least possible complication.
For many guys, screwing hookers, or one night stands is an example of the latter...

When I eat pussy.... for me its all about driving a woman I love crazy with pleasure...

When I sucked cock... on a basic level... I was doing it for me... because of how I was conditioned...i would rather service a guy than have a guy service me...

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree too. But I still consider oral sex less intimate than a kiss.
You consider giving oral sex to be less intimate than a kiss or receiving oral sex to be less intimate than a kiss.

We were two fifteen year olds with lots of time and lots of privacy and we discovered that kissing was one way in which we could satisfy our need to show our regard for each other. It was a wonderful summer and we enjoyed the many ways in which we could relate on many levels. The sexual part of our relationship was both intimate and personal; his body became as important to me as my own. During our last two years of high school we bonded, giving and receiving of our total selves. We are today both happpily married but the bond of friendship and love remains strong and we remain grateful that our time together made it possible for us to discover and experience a part of our sexuality which we had not ever considered before.

When the bonds which unite two persons are strong there are few ways in which those bonds are affirmed which to them will seem unnatural.

:wtf1: Uh, yeah thanks for sharing Corius;:rolleyes: but what you wrote doesn't have a damn thing to do with what I asked in my original post. You may want to save that story for a blog. :cool:

[quote=Tom Acqua;1644622]Kissing is more intimate than blowing.[/quote] Okay, that's fine but why? I am genuinely curious. Maybe my thought process on this is wrong or antiquated?

Oral sex with gays is not as intimate as anal sex is. The bar pick up with the beer and the reefer has largely been about the blow job. At least it was to me, years back.
So do all men think of oral sex as not being intimate or is that just a gay thing?

I have to say it depends....
With women, for me, oral sex is a very intimate thing. I would not go down on a woman I wasn't wanting to kiss.

But when it comes to cocksucking.... I am not attracted to men. I do not feel romantic feelings for them, nor have I ever or would I ever want to kiss one.
I think that's because of your history of being molested as a child.
But then... I think that men, in general, have no problem separating purely pleasurable sexual contact from the intimacy of love and romantic feeling.
A guy who just needs a blowjob is not gonna imagine it means something more...
I agree most men seem to be born with the ability to separate sexual pleasure from romance and love.

On a masculine level... there are two different kinds of sex. There is the sex we have for others... and there is the sex we have for ourselves. :confused: :wtf2: :confused:

The former is caught up in romantic feeling and wanting to pleasure another person... its a giving thing. The latter is more like beating off... its getting our rocks off with the least possible complication. For many guys, screwing hookers, or one night stands is an example of the latter...
When I eat pussy.... for me its all about driving a woman I love crazy with pleasure...

When I sucked cock... on a basic level... I was doing it for me... because of how I was conditioned...i would rather service a guy than have a guy service me...

So for you performing cunnilingus is an intimate or personal act; but performing fellatio is not. Gee Phil, that's all you had to say. :tongue: You certainly are verbose. :biggrin1:

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
well- I thought the short answer seemed at odds with itself....

An explanation was in order...

....Not to suggest that I am not verbose.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual

I definitely don't go down on a woman who I haven't kissed quite a bit. It is very intimate for me.