Oral Sex - uh oh

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Oral sex may increase risk of throat cancer -- study - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos

Interesting article I just read, talking about how oral sex might increase the chances of getting a certain type of throat cancer. Seems sort of similar to cervical cancer, in a way. Thoughts?

"People should be reassured that oropharyngeal cancer is relatively uncommon and the overwhelming majority of people with an oral HPV infection probably will not get throat cancer," said study author Maura Gillison.

Also: Oropharyngeal Cancer
"Oropharyngeal cancer is uncommon. Worldwide, cancers of the oropharynx and hypopharynx account for an estimated 123,000 new cases per year"
That's 123,000 in over 6 billion (6,000,000,000)

I say keep on sucking - if you're worried, or if you know your partner has HPV, then used flavoured condoms (mint is my favourite - Mr.B too - he says it makes his helmet all tingly!)

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"People should be reassured that oropharyngeal cancer is relatively uncommon and the overwhelming majority of people with an oral HPV infection probably will not get throat cancer," said study author Maura Gillison.

Also: Oropharyngeal Cancer
"Oropharyngeal cancer is uncommon. Worldwide, cancers of the oropharynx and hypopharynx account for an estimated 123,000 new cases per year"
That's 123,000 in over 6 billion (6,000,000,000)
That's all I needed to know. Thanks ManlyBanisters for the heads up go ahead on continuing my favorite pasttime. (well, one of them)

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
That's all I needed to know. Thanks ManlyBanisters for the heads up go ahead on continuing my favorite pasttime. (well, one of them)

My pleasure... and it is

Reminds me of a song a pal of mine used to serenade the ladies (and gents) with when tipsy... to the tune of please release me:
Please fellate me, have a blow
And I will love you evermore

Can't remember the rest of it.. :rolleyes: