Oral w or w/o condom??

funnyguy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I get so confused about this casual oral sex thing. I have had all kinds of advice and read medical journals. There are many more STD's than HIV --Herpes, and many more+++. I really don't know the right answer!

So for a first time casual bj, should I expect my partner to use a condom--same would apply for me. ( Have not been in the situation for a long time as I had a regular partner for years and years.)

What say you?? Journals have said both Yes and No That is as clear as mud!:confused:

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Everyone that is into hooking up should just carry a copy of recent test results to show. I don't think STD's are transmitted easily from oral, but herpes is one that can be transmitted fairly easily. Most people with herpes type 1 genitally got it from receiving oral sex.

brinzaulsschwul

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sorry to disappoint Jovial, but STI's (we call them Sexually Transmitted Infections these days not diseases) are very easy to pick up from oral sex.
Chlamydia - often no symptoms
Gonorrhoea - sometimes without symptoms
Syphilis - easy to miss the symptoms
Genital Herpes - yes passed by oral sex
HIV - if you have bleeding gums, ulcers, cuts in the mouth etc - risk is classed as low but it happens
Genital Warts - yes passed by oral sex

To be as safe as you can, we should offer to put a condom on out cocks, we don't know what is lurking at the back of the throat or under the tongue and the person about to suck on your cock cannot see if you have an infection. Frankly taking the latest test results along would be a bit of a dampener and you could have picked something up in the meantime!! And what happens if you move on from oral to anal or vaginal penetration? We put on a condom to prevent HIV infection or pregnancy. Putting on a condom is something that should really be automatic with new partners until both tested and got results together - that's 12 weeks for HIV to be reliably detectable.

There are all sorts of flavoured condoms out there so get hold of some and use them - blueberry are quite nice.

It's something you have to discuss with the person you are going to have sex with and that is something none of us are very good at and must learn to do, it's all about doing what is right for you and your sex partner. The more condoms are used correctly, the more chance we have of reducing HIV and STI infections.

Happy New Year
Brinz

brinzaulsschwul

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sorry to disappoint Jovial, but STI's (we call them Sexually Transmitted Infections these days not diseases) are very easy to pick up from oral sex.
HIV - if you have bleeding gums, ulcers, cuts in the mouth etc - risk is classed as low but it happens

To be as safe as you can, we should offer to put a condom on out cocks, we don't know what is lurking at the back of the throat or under the tongue and the person about to suck on your cock cannot see if you have an infection. Frankly taking the latest test results along would be a bit of a dampener and you could have picked something up in the meantime!! And what happens if you move on from oral to anal or vaginal penetration? We put on a condom to prevent HIV infection or pregnancy. Putting on a condom is something that should really be automatic with new partners until both tested and got results together - that's 12 weeks for HIV to be reliably detectable.

There are all sorts of flavoured condoms out there so get hold of some and use them - blueberry are quite nice.

It's something you have to discuss with the person you are going to have sex with and that is something none of us are very good at and must learn to do, it's all about doing what is right for you and your sex partner. The more condoms are used correctly, the more chance we have of reducing HIV and STI infections.

Happy New Year
Brinz

funnyguy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Happy New Year
Brinz

Thanks, That makes sense to me:tongue: