Oral Without Barrier

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by bi69male, Mar 20, 2009.

1. bi69male

bi69male New Member

I need some opinions..... Gonna be going to Vegas in a few months, and thinking about hooking up in the spa of the hotel I am staying at... Have in the past and gotten/given some really hot handjobs in the hottubs.... What is everyone's opinion on giving/receiving head without a condom? Kind of tough to carry one into the steamroom......

2. russray77

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I wouldn't worry too much about condoms when having oral sex, as long as you haven't any open wounds in your mouth, and the guys penis hasn't any broken skin you'll be fine.
    Just enjoy! :O)

3. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree, but will provide a little more data.

Saliva is not infectious. Not only is saliva not infectious, but there are enzimes in saliva that cause HIV to no longer be active (viruses aren't "alive", they are either active or inactive). Receiving a blowjob is completely safe as far as HIV is concerned.

Depending on where you go and whom you ask, there's a broader range of opinion about giving head. Part of this comes from science, which resists words like "always" and "never" or concepts like "100%". These are not part of scientific method, which allows for extremely unlikely probabilities which are unrealistic in the real world. Another reason is that, especially in today's prohibitionary climate, reassurring someone that giving head to a guy is "safe" is seen as akin to endorsing oral sex, which the American Taliban will never accept. Hence you'll see "low risk" where you really should see "no real-life risk".

Remember the part about saliva having enzimes that inhibit and render HIV inactive? The only way for someone to be infected via sucking cock is for there to be no saliva present in his/her mouth. This seems highly unlikely to me, but occasionally someone can get so tweaked on Meth that their salivary glands shut down. But partybois are notorious at giving lousy head, and with Meth Mouth a factor, who'd stick his dick in that hole anyway?

The only other possible situation where giving a blowjob might pose a risk is if you've just had oral surgery. If you've ever had a tooth pulled, I think you'll agree that this is also an unlikely scenario.

A few other things to keep in mind:

1) In order for you to be at any risk sucking dick, the guy you're with has to be HIV+ and have a very high viral load. Regardless of what you may hear or think, less than 5% of the gay male population is HIV+. The odds are in your favor, though, of course, the risk will always be yours to take.

2) This only applies to HIV, which is a very fragile virus. Herpes, HPV and all kinds of nasty bacterial STDs (Syphillis, Ghonnoreah, Chlamidia, etc) can be passed though oral sex, both giving and receiving. It's your risk to take, as I said above.

Good luck and have fun!

4. YoungHungMachine

I've never EVER had someone ask me to slip a condom on before giving me head. Normally its all fondle fondle fondle, cuddle, grab... oh holy... SLURP

5. Ed69

Gold Member

"oh holy... SLURP "

Ok that makes my sides hurt!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

6. dean88

dean88 New Member

If you give head, and the guys doesn't blow his load in you mouth, the risk of getting HIV is very small. But this doesn't mean that you can't get any other STD.
    I know condoms aren't customary in oral sex but the risk is yours. Have fun.

7. TheEnforcer

TheEnforcer Member

To add more to what Bbucko mentioned:

1) DO NOT brush or floss your teeth & gums at least an hour before you engage in oral sex, as you can possibly irritate the gums to cause open ports for HIV germ to enter. Instead, use a mild mouth wash to rinse your mouth before and after sex.

2) It is said to be safe to swallow because your stomach acids will kill any bacteria that enters your system... but let's say you're deepthroating... and you swallow... and if during deepthroating, your throat got really sore and there's a possibilty that you have open tissue that may be a door for HIV... So be careful...

3) The others are right. It is relatively a very low risk to perform oral sex. They call it "Low Risk" by the CDC, because in non extreme and extreme case scenarios, they are just that... there's hardly any risk at all for HIV. However, the only things that are NO risk, is self masturbation, or Kissing, Cuddling (abstinence - LoLoLoL) There's no risk there... so there always has to be a level underneath all of those levels.

8. greatdickismydrug

greatdickismydrug New Member

I'm told that you can get genital herpes from oral sex. My friend swears that she got it from her husband that way so I asked my doctor who told me, "Northerners go south but southerners never go north" Meaning HV1 (oral herpes aka cold sores) can be transmitted to genitals but HV2 (genital herpes) cannot be transmitted to the mouth. That's what my OB/GYN says. BUt they're pretty much killjoys aren't they? (you guys wouldn't know I guess! LOL)

Draft saved Draft deleted