Ordinary life in a gay relationship

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Himura, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Himura

Himura Member

I hope everyone is comfortable in sharing a part of their daily lives with their partner(s?)

I'm just curious

2. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    Am secretive, territorial, introverted perhaps, private and just a little possessive... I worry these will be bad traits for a relationship.

3. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Geez, Pup, ya thank?! :biggrin1:

4. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    ...but at least I know it, :biggrin1:.

5. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    We need to change that so you need to attend my seminar, "Feeling Good; Reaching Out in Relationships".

I'm f-ing kidding you. I couldn't teach a seminar to save my life. I could, however, teach you a thing or two. ;-)

6. ericbythebay

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    We both work from home and are together most of the day.

7. Rowan Ravenseed

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I dont have a partner.... I used to be ok with that... for the 5 years or so.... but im getting lonely more often and would like to find some-one to cuddle......

Problem is i have extremely high expectations of myself... and as such i expect the same from a partner.... and as im not yet meeting my own expectations of myself..... how can i expect to meet any-one who could possibly meet my expectations of them

8. erratic

Gold Member

I kiss him on the cheek when I think he's asleep. I think he knows about it but doesn't want to tell me.

9. Brick7

Brick7 Active Member

Albums:
    The dark conservative heart of Central California
    It's called compromising. It's great to have high expectations of yourself. That's how we achieve the goals in our lives. And if you don't meet your self-set high expectations, you have to be satisfied with the little victories and keep trying. So you didn't get to the top of the mountain. Look around, the view is still pretty good where you're at. And who knows, maybe next time you will get all the way up to the top. It's when you stop trying to climb up to the top that you have a problem.
    But it's crazy have high expectations of others. You will only encounter disappointment when they fail to meet those high expectations. And you have to remember that in the end they didn't disappoint you by failing to meet your expectations. You created the disappointment yourself.
    (Of course, then there's the opposite extreme...expect nothing and never be disappointed. Surely there must be a middle ground between the two.)

So are your high expectations a sort of gauntlet that you've thrown down before God and mankind to see if anyone can dare to meet them? Or are they a just way of making sure you stay alone because you know no one will ever meet them? Is it a self-esteem issue?

Draft saved Draft deleted