O'Reilly vs. O'bama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pym, Sep 4, 2008.

1. pym

pym New Member

Saw that 'Interview' on Fox{only tuned in to that network to listen to Barack} tonight. Despite Bill's best efforts at ambush line's of questioning, i thought Barack acquitted himself very well{as i expected.} When Barack speaks on a given talking point, to me at least, He make's good sense.Any way it was a very short interview. It seems to me that it's allways the case with Mr. O'rielly, that if he can't gain or maintain the UPPER hand, it's time to cut to a commercial, or your done.

2. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:
    oh, i totally missed it! i detest Bill, but i was planning on watching. grr!

3. mattbuddy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Oh, I thought it wasnt on for another 2 hours here.... I'll have to look for it online. I don't like O'Rielly at all....he is so right it sickens me.

4. Notaguru2

Gold Member

I was a little disappointed in his comments on the surge. I think its ok to admit that he got it wrong on the surge, since the GOP is apparently ok with McSame getting it wrong on the whole damn war.

His response was well crafted though. He didn't give Rove any sound bites for a commercial =) Mission accomplished. Remember, he's on the Factor nearly all of next week... stay tuned.

5. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    He came off as calculating, parsing, and attorney-like, IMO -- typical when he's off script. While I can see not wanting to hand the McCain camp an ad, however he'll never, ever admit he was wrong on the surge another reason: Far-left appeasement. His campaign was built on anti-Iraq sentiments until success there sucked the air right out of it.

6. Freddie53

Gold Member

I would question whether a war by the greatest military machine the world has ever known against a two bit player that has gone on now for six years and still has no end in sight is a success. Sounds more like a quagmire or a horribly planned and conducted war.

If a pro football team went out and played a high school team and was having trouble and finally managed to be up on the high school by one point in the fourth quarter, I would NOT be bragging on the pro football team. I would find that a bit embarrassing... for the pro football team that is.

7. arktrucker

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've always thought that o'riley was a putz. I agree, if he can't get the upper hand or derail the interviewee, he will quickly change the subject or leave all together. The other thing about this particular interview, it isn't complete yet. Part II and III will be next Tuesday and Wednesday.

8. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Your analogy is a bit spurious. "They" don't play by our rules. In fact, they play their own game and I am not even sure it has rules.

9. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    Without question it was, and for a long period of time. Thankfully, Gen. Petraeus managed to turn it around. And a guy named John McCain (*gasp*) cratered is own bid for the presidency by standing up to the administration when he saw it wasn't working.

For the life of me I cannot understand why for some success in Iraq is seen a bad thing, despite the numerous grave mistakes and missteps along the way. Politicians who can never admit they're wrong irk me. Bush has always played politically-expedient games to that end, and I've never liked that about him. Obama did the same with O'Reilly and refused to concede the point out of fear that he'd hand the McCain camp an ad opportunity. So, in lieu of that, they dispatched "Barracuda" Palin to bash him over the head, saying "I guess when you turn out to be profoundly wrong on a vital national security issue, maybe it's comforting to pretend that everyone else was wrong, too." I mean, dude, just diffuse the thing before they can detonate it by admitting you were wrong!

QFT.

10. Notaguru2

Gold Member

11. ripsrips

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    They keep going to the next question so they can try to get as many in as they can ask, I saw an interview earlier this primary season where a canidate took over the interview and spent 9 minutes on one question and before you knew it the interview was over. The canidates are trained to be long winded and thats why reporters keep the questions coming whether they're finished or not...

Draft saved Draft deleted