Orgasm / headache

robroy5044

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
:worried:
Hey - I've had an infrequent problem (several months apart) during orgasm but it's taken me by surprise both times. The only common threads I can see is that I hadn't cum for about a week both times and both sessions were fairly long and intense. The first time I was standing up giving my bf a vigorous screw in the ass and the second time I was on my back with my arms above my head while he gave me a bj and played with my nipples, balls and asshole. (If you MUST know more details I can supply...) Anyway, the sex was great and the build up to orgasm was great but I don't really remember the actual orgasms because they were overpowered by blinding (literally) pounding headaches which felt like I had a ring of iron around my head and it was being struck with a sledgehammer with every wave of my orgasm. The headache gradually subsided as my heart rate went back to normal. Anyone know what's going on with that? Thanks.

boerkie

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
blood pressure
have it checked out and speak to your doctor.
sounds like you come (pun intended) pretty close to actually blowing your top off!! be careful. get meds!!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's common enough that it has a name - "orgasm headache."

Search it on google, there's lots of information out there.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Some may even think that this is a disease/condition that impacts/affects only females.

Thanks for the information.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My pleasure! I've suffered from migraines for years, and in doing research, discovered just how common "orgasmic headache" is. I'm fortunate, that is not one of my triggers!

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
coitus headache, I find i get them when I orgasm to excess, the first time I got one I genuinely thought I was about to have an aneurysm, I couldn't move my head from the pillow because I thought it would explode. I find now that I'm more likely to get them if I go for a huge orgasm straight off so I ease myself in with a couple of smaller ones first.

patrick9999

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I hate to scare anyone but a friend recently experienced a post coital headache and apparently they can last for up to 6 months - straight!

Ouch!

osxwrangler

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes... I have had a few of these Thunder Clap headaches. They are called coitus headaches. I did a lot of research on them at one point because they can be very scary and disturbing.

It seems that men that have migraines can be somewhat more inclined to experience these headaches. I have migraines.

They do seem to only occur when I am very tense and very turned on. The last time I had one I did all that I could to keep this man from noticing that this was going on. It was a second date, he was extremely hot and I was very nervous and tense. When I came I thought my head was going to explode.

Ask your doctor next time your in for a checkup. It's worth bringing up.

reir

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Like so-n-so said above, it's still likely enough to be blood pressure spikes. These can be very dangerous, so regardless of the frequency (or whether other people get them commonly or it has a "name") you'll still want to ensure that you contact your doctor to rule out the possibility. Extremely high blood pressure spikes can lead to stroke, among other problems, which obviously runs the risk of being fatal.

fluoro

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had these headaches a couple of times around 10 years ago.
The first time was right after I came while doing it doggy-style on a stairway - it was a pretty strenuous session and I had been contorted into some unusual positions. The pain was blinding at first - I was afraid it was an aneurysm, or stroke, or something serious anyway. It gradually improved and I was fine after a couple of hours.
Scary as hell and an unpleasant ending to a fun afternoon! Luckily I haven't had any more since then.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Paul suffered this for the first time about 4 days ago and was in absolute agony. It happened again 2 days later. So intense was the headache that he has suffered muscle spasm in the neck and shoulders for the last 2 days. He has had some treatment for the muscle spasm and it's more or less ok now. We went to the chemist today and he had his blood pressure checked it was more or less normal at 90/120. He has suffred infrequent migraines in the past so could this be the explanation?

spictacular1

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have had this happen to me on a few occasions. Though the occurrences were months apart I still asked my doctor about it. He said that it wasn't something I should be too concerned with unless it happened with more frequency and since my health is excellent, he attributed it to be "likely just a case of dehydration."

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have had this happen to me on a few occasions. Though the occurrences were months apart I still asked my doctor about it. He said that it wasn't something I should be too concerned with unless it happened with more frequency and since my health is excellent, he attributed it to be "likely just a case of dehydration."

Well that would make sense. The first time was after we had had a late night out celebrating a special anniversary and had drank a fair bit the previous night. Add that to the fact that we do a heavily physical job and are living in the sub tropics with now being one of the hottest times of year. There's a good chance of dehydration being involved both times.

Thanks for that.

rich-9.8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sounds just like benign coital cephalgia. It can often give you as bad a headache as a brain haemorrhage, and it's difficult to exclude anything more serious over t'internet. If you had something MAJORLY serious, you wouldn't be well enough to post here. It could indicate a blood vessel problem or hypertension underlying it though - go and get yourself checked out!