Orgasm Responsibility

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If people want good sex, they should know themselves and work what does it for them with their partner(s). As someone said above, none of us are mind readers. This doesn't stop you finding out new things though, just the basics about yourself is a good responsibility to take on board.

The problem is women are physically much more complex than men.
Once many guys cum they think they've done their job and are annoyed if the woman doesn't cum, even if they've only been pumping for 5 minutes or less. WTF?!?:eek::confused:

Men get hard just looking at a hot woman. Women see a hot guy and start imagining all sorts of things. Often none of them having anything to do with sex.:rolleyes::tongue:

Also men are encouraged to masturbate from a very early age. Most women are not.

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yeah, semi old thread but no topic is too old for rebirth, :biggrin1:
What about the guy who thinks he hasn't 'done his job' if the woman hasn't an orgasm? I've found it mostly difficult to convince a guy that truly, I can enjoy the sex without an orgasm. Sometimes, I just don't want to cum, and if I don't want to, believe me, I won't. But by the same token I would find the same statement very difficult to believe if so stated by a man.
Yes the responsibility imo, does lie with both participants, if it didn't, it would be difficult to really classify as intimate.
I try to be very open and communicative and encourage my partner to do the same.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I doubt I'm the only one here who gets off on getting my partner off. So I'm generally interested in having my partner orgasm for my own benefit as well as hers.

Then again, I haven't been with a woman so selfish that she'd just flop over and give up after she orgasms. Even if I were, I probably wouldn't be with her for long. :wink:

lorne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Threads about sex happen quite often on here, big surprise. Sometimes we see complaints about bad sex, it happens. Invariably someone will interject that each person is responsible for their own orgasm.

Just how true is this? Are we entirely responsible for our own pleasure when having sex? For masturbation I can accept this but with a partner I think there are more factors involved.

Thoughts? Opinions?

I always believed if it was all about my O than I didn't someone else to get it. I also find the work and time it takes to get a girl to hers "one or more" makes mine bigger.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My last relationship (going on 2 years of celibacy now) broke up partly because I grew tired of 10 years of not getting sexual pleasure while he always did. He was ok with me never having orgasms nor of ever changing our routine. According to him the majority of women are incapable of having orgasms during sex - why should I think I would or could be any different.
Yeah, but I doubt he ever told any guy friends that he couldn't give you an orgasm.
I've lost those 10 years but I guess it taught me a lesson. A friend of mine says ultimately in any relationship you get precisely what you tolerate. I think I'm the Poster Child of her saying. After we split up I vowed never again to settle for a man who was ok with me having orgasm-less sex.
Don't feel bad. I think a lot of us have wasted time either having bad sex or no sex in a relationship or not even being in a relationship. At least you only wasted 10 years. Some people go their whole life without sex or good sex.

The problem is women are physically much more complex than men.
Some truth there, but I don't agree entirely. Sex experts write that it's all about stimulating the guy's cock. I disagree. Guys aren't comfortable letting women explore their bodies because they feel like it's not manly or something. But I think sex would be more enjoyable for them if they let women try more things. I'm thinking anal stimulation, for example.

If we're talking about just having an orgasm, then yes, generally guys can do that pretty easily, but there are some women that can also.
Once many guys cum they think they've done their job and are annoyed if the woman doesn't cum, even if they've only been pumping for 5 minutes or less. WTF?!?:eek::confused:
That's when you're supposed to jump up, sit on his face and say, "Start licking beeach!"

Also men are encouraged to masturbate from a very early age. Most women are not.
Who encourages boys to masturbate? Everyone seemed to make fun of boys that masturbated and no one I knew ever admitted that they masturbated when I was a teenager.

Now, as far as who's responsible, I agree with what others have said. You need to communicate and tell your partner what you like. If you stay with someone that doesn't listen to you, then it becomes your own fault.

For me, I just gaze deeply into her eyes and she tells me what she wants without saying a word. Then I get busy like a good boy should. When she is completely satisfied I ask for her permission to have an orgasm. And if she says yes, I'm forever thankful.:rolleyes:

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've always thought of it like this: If I can't make her knock holes in the walls, and gasp for air at least once from a mind-blowing orgasm, I'll pack it up and go home, because I'm wasting both of our times.