Orgasm surveys

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Lordpendragon, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

I have seen for years a surveyed factoid that 80% of women can not achieve orgasm from penetration.

This just does not seem to ring true either from my own experience and from what women members say here.

How do you think they get to this result?

2. snoozan

Gold Member

I've wondered this myself. That may have been true in my teens, but not now. I've got a few good years of experience under my belt.

However, a lot of women (and men) on this board have proven that there are a lot of people out there with absolutely no idea about how their physical anatomy works or what it looks like. Maybe it's true and we're the weird ones.

I'd like to see more recent statistics about this. Anyone have any?

3. rawbone8

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think it has to do with the other factoid that most men don't last all that long before popping, and that some women fake :eek: orgasms but might tell the truth on a survey.

I've had sex with a number of women who have orgasms reliably often during penetrative sex, but it takes time — sufficient foreplay and duration of approximately 20 minutes of intercourse and attention to positions that hit their sweet spots. Some needed at least 45 minutes. ( btw it's not lost on me that some partners might get tired of sex by the 45 minute mark and actually fake one to get it over with! ; P) A lot of men apparently have difficulty lasting that long. Jackhammer sex doesn't do the trick in my view. It has it's place in a range of variety of techniques.

I've also had sex with some women who could not come at all (at that time in their life) even through masturbating, due to issues related to childhood sexual trauma and guilt about exploring their own body.

My wife and I are in tune to each other's bodies. She tells me she has climaxed virtually every time we have had penetrative sex since the beginning, over 8 years ago. These days it seems she can come within 5 minutes and build to stronger multiple orgasms, generally having 4 or 5.

80% does seem hard to accept as the percentage.

4. SassySpy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, I was always under the impression that women could have penetrative orgasms when combined with other areas of stimulation- but that for a woman to have a solely vaginal orgasm was next to impossible, as the reason nerve endings are lesser in the birth canal is so women dont DIE from the pain of childbirth-
    but you know how surveys are- they never seem to ask me.:cool:

5. B_hungnate

B_hungnate New Member

Yeah "80% can't orgasm from penetration" doesn't sound right. Don't know where they got that from but maybe it was a bad survey. I agree with rawbone if the guy pops in a couple minutes maybe that's what they meant. When I started having sex I had this problem where I would cum too fast but I've got a little more experience under my belt now and I can last as long as the woman wants most of the time. That definitely makes a big difference in making the woman cum.
    Also maybe a lot of guys don't move right? I figure like you said no matter how big you are you shouldn't just do it like a jackhammer. I always try to make it more interesting for the woman and I get pretty good feedback. Not every woman I've had sex with came during sex but definitely most. Weird survey you saw. My experience hasn't been like that.

6. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Ok, I'm a freak. I learned to orgasm by just contracting my PC muscles, I don't have to touch myself, just have to think of something remotly sexy, and I can orgasm. So sex is petty easy for me.

7. D_76froy

D_76froy New Member

From personal experience, I think most women are capable of vaginal orgasms if their male partner takes his time and focuses on her pleasure. In fact almost every woman I've had sex with experienced an obvious vaginal orgasm, and usually more than one. I not trying to brag -- it's just my experience. I have had a couple of women who could not orgasm due to penetration, but were easily able to reach orgasm from clitoral stimulation from my tongue and fingers. I had one lover who could only reach orgasm from anal penetration or oral stimulation of her clitoris. As a result, I always like to start with some cunnilingus to bring my partner to orgasm at least once before I penetrate her. This also helps to lubricate and expand the vagina so that I can enter more easily.

Just my personal experience, and I'm sure others have different opinions.

8. drumstyck

drumstyck New Member

i've just learned to completely ignore any sexual statistics i read or hear about.

9. Dee

Dee New Member

Hmmmmm....
    Guess it would make those of us who use penetrating toys just what the heck wer'e getting out of it!!
    Can't orgasm with penetration only?? I don't think so!!!

10. Pumblechook

Pumblechook New Member

Albums:
    I don't buy it either. I haven't found one (although a small sample size) that couldn't orgasm from penetration.

11. honeydew

honeydew New Member

I have found for myself that I enjoy vaginal penetration and often have vaginal orgasms. Combine some clitoral stimulation along with that and I go through the roof!!!!!

12. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    On the whole, the women on this board are probably much more in tune with their bodies, more willing to ask questions and experiment than many women outside the little world of LPSG.

Also, I would say it's more true that most women don't experience an orgasm during their first time of intercourse, due to inexperienced partners with lack of knowledge of female anatomy and sexuality and inexperience in telling their partners what feels good for them.

What I would like to know is the age range of the females tested. I'll bet more women over 35 experienced orgasm during intercourse. The vaginal walls become more sensitive with age. Also, some women's clitoris' are situated closer to the vaginal opening than others. That can also make a difference. Lots of factors to consider in these "surveys".

13. Chrysalis

Chrysalis New Member

The "factoid" I heard was not that 80% of women couldn't orgasm from penetration alone...

What I heard was that 80% of women can't orgasm without some form of clitoral stimulation. Actually, I believe this is probably true.

If a man can "last" long enough during penetrative sex, his groin and/or cock (depending on the angle) will stimulate the clitoris. Also, I've heard women say that with a very well-endowed partner, the tugging of their labia against their clits provides sufficient stimulation.

I've always interpreted the statistic to mean that the clitoris usually needs to be stimulated in some way to produce a female orgasm, even if the stimulation is not manual or oral in nature.

14. tiff86

tiff86 New Member

Well I must be in the 20% cuz all I know is I definitely orgasm from "penetration alone." The only way I can orgasm (so far) is from deep thrusting in my cervix area. When he touches my clit it feels sorta good but I think it's not as sensitive and I can't orgasm from oral and such. It definitely helps that my bf is well-endowed cuz he gets very deep and always makes me orgasm that way.

15. SassySpy

Gold Member

Albums:
    That, Think kink, is an excellent point. I was thinking of the penetration part only- totally forgot about the ability you speak of, which luckily I also can do. Its a very handy (LOL) skill when I need an orgasm but have no private enough place to do a truly proper job, using my muscles does the trick.
    Do you think there is some internal stimulation of the clit this way? I'm trying it right now, and while I see and feel there is no external stimulation of the clit, it certainly feels as tho clit is swelling as it does with external stimulation. ah well, be back later :biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted