Orgies? Yes or No?

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I came of age and lived through the era of the orgy (1966-79). I'd regularly host RSVP group gropes at my home as well as dive into interesting piles of pulsating man meat at the tubs in the 1970s. Currently, In Spain, Squeeze and I have a fairly large circle of friends from which we can select and organize a group event of 10 (or more) experienced men who are basically the same type of sex pigs that we are. But since I've been back in the USA it seems that the tradition of a free-for-all orgy is lost in 'Mericuhn gay culture. I've been invited to be a third in MMF and MMM situations, but no one seems interested in attending a private all male event. In the 70s I had to have bouncers at the door to my apartment to keep the uninvited away.

Are young gay men adverse to consensual (and safe) no holds bard Bacchanalia these days, except for a quick suck at the Folsom Street Fair or in the back room of a leather bar? Consensus?

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
They are nightly occurrences here in FtL. Though all the ones I know about are BB, I'm sure safer groups are arranged all the time.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Our fetes are SAFETY FIRST events. Although a great deal of snowballing and swallowing occurs.

Something I noticed recently from a weekend trip to San Francisco is that venues where anonymous sex is a centerpiece of the experience is that most do not hand out or have candy dishes full of condoms readily available. This only happens in BCN when a particular business has run out of them. One call to the local SIDS office and usually someone shows up with one or two gross. But you can be sure there will be plenty available at witching hour when the bar, sauna, cinema, or Chaps reopens in the next 12 hours.

dc46064

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
When I lived in Chicago and New Orleans I went to alot of them. Since I have moved to Indianapolis I have not been to one yet. I think it depends on the state and culture around. In Indy, you dont let anyone know that you are gay. My partner got beat up by the cops last year at our own home, and that not kidding. Chiago and New Orleans was way different. Here you kind of have to hide. Cant wait to get out of here. Came here because of my children.Cant wait to take a trip and have a little orgy fun. Miss the good times. Boring here and people are weird.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I understand that, sweetheart, hence the second part of my second sentence.

But I also hear your frustration loud and clear. There's hardly a night that passes at work where I don't hear about the lack of safer venues.

But I also know for a fact that there are hundreds of high-caliber men here in town who manage to protect their negative status while engaging in all manner of debauchery, frequently in groups. And they ain't twinks :cool:

Anyway, best of luck. I understand that, due to the excessively high percentage of gays living in FtL, we have a lot of fairly unique situations down here compared to the rest of the country. But as with all such things, all you need to meet in one person who "knows the keys" to unlocking doors you never even knew existed before.

XXOO
Bb