Orientation vs. behavior

D

deleted15807

Personally I am not gay, bi or straight. I'm unique.

And that's fine. It's when others attempt to rob you of your own self-determination based on a sexual act or behavior that is wrong.

pinkytoe

Just Browsing
Media
And that's fine. It's when others attempt to rob you of your own self-determination based on a sexual act or behavior that is wrong.

So, I can play with penises every day, never touch a woman in my life, self-determine myself to be straight...

...and not be seen as deranged?

D

deleted15807

So, I can play with penises every day, never touch a woman in my life, self-determine myself to be straight...

...and not be seen as deranged?

Would you rather someone else determine it for you?

pinkytoe

Just Browsing
Media
To be less facetious...

Let's say I were full blooded Chinese and can trace my ancestry back to the xia dynasty.

If I'm not feeling particularly Chinese tomorrow, can I self-determine myself to be German for the rest of my life?

Exbiker

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thank you for bringing this thread back to life, I might have missed it otherwise.

And what could be more exciting than to see a group of grown men arguing on the internet about semantics ?

Seriously. I find philology and socio linguistics such a turn on.

:smile:

pinkytoe

Just Browsing
Media
I'm just saying, the boundaries of self-determination can only stretch so far.

If it is "allowed" to be boundless, you basically end up with 7 billion people living their own personal mushroom-trip.

D

deleted15807

I'm just saying, the boundaries of self-determination can only stretch so far.

If it is "allowed" to be boundless, you basically end up with 7 billion people living their own personal mushroom-trip.

So we should put in place 'allowances' for people? And if violated what?

We are talking about the common reasonable man. Someone who is of average intelligence and has in interest in self-discovery. If you want to lie to yourself and have no interest in an open and honest life journey you have bigger problems than slapping the 'straight' label. And this discussion is not about them.

NC_BBC

Expert Member
Media
Usually in NC, but I travel, so ask me where I am
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So we should put in place 'allowances' for people? And if violated what?

We are talking about the common reasonable man. Someone who is of average intelligence and has in interest in self-discovery. If you want to lie to yourself and have no interest in an open and honest life journey you have bigger problems than slapping the 'straight' label. And this discussion is not about them.

Lying? What lie was told?

NC_BBC

Expert Member
Media
Usually in NC, but I travel, so ask me where I am
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm inclined to believe this is some kind of attempt to create a loophole so some people can 'try it, then deny it'.

No, masturbation does'nt mean you find yourself sexually attractive and using inanimate objects to pleasure yourself does not mean an attraction to whatever inanimate object it is, but, using objects falls under self gratification, and just like simple hand-shandies AND fucking (same sex or opposite) it is all for personal gratification, your pleasure.

If you take pleasure from having a member of the same sex engage in sexual acts with you then on some level you could not legitametly claim to be straight without being partially dishonest. (i.e, you might say straight but actually you are more bi with simply a greater sway towards straight, 80%-20% eg)

So much truth, from so long ago... FROM....a gay man...

..one with the balls to just be who the fuck he iss instead of searching the fucking galaxy for loopholes...