Oscar winning movies

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
Art Carney in 'Harry and Tonto'.:smile:

Changing the topic a little bit, last night during the awards they kept referring to 'Little Miss Sunshine' as a story about a dysfunctional family. I thought they functioned great. I'm being serious. I mean the one dude did attempt suicide but it wasn't because of the family. Hell, the family rescued him. And Grandpa? He was pure love.

What the fuck is a functional family supposed to look like anyway? Stepford people?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Art Carney in 'Harry and Tonto'.:smile:​

Changing the topic a little bit, last night during the awards they kept referring to 'Little Miss Sunshine' as a story about a dysfunctional family. I thought they functioned great. I'm being serious. I mean the one dude did attempt suicide but it wasn't because of the family. Hell, the family rescued him. And Grandpa? He was pure love.​

What the fuck is a functional family supposed to look like anyway? Stepford people?

No they are the dysfunctional family! LOL! Where did you get that quote from, Shelby. I love it. Scarla O'Horror? LOL!

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Art Carney in 'Harry and Tonto'.:smile:

Changing the topic a little bit, last night during the awards they kept referring to 'Little Miss Sunshine' as a story about a dysfunctional family. I thought they functioned great. I'm being serious. I mean the one dude did attempt suicide but it wasn't because of the family. Hell, the family rescued him. And Grandpa? He was pure love.

Awesome observation, Shelby. Misfits might better describe them. The three generations of men (gramps, dad and son) had a certain gusto for perservering, no matter how bad the cards were that fate (or their choices) dealt them. It was my favourite movie of the past year.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
I do not enjoy Gone With The Wind. My family lived to suffer through Sherman's march to the sea. My great-grandparents endured it all and hated yankees until the day they died.

There are many movies that I truly enjoyed but one in particular was Frank Capra's "It's A Wonderful Life." Most of us, no matter how messed up and pain filled our lives are now, have made a difference in somebody elses life along the way. The world has been a better place because we've been here.

Oooo I loved Eight ON The Lam with Bob Hope, Phyllis Diller, and Jonathon Winters. It was totally insane. hahaha

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi Yorkie!
Can you believe I have never seen that film?
That is hard to believe! Jack Nicholson at his finest,you have a treat in store when you get round to it.
It was good to see Martin Scorsese triumph this time.I haven't seen the movie yet but it's top of my "must see" list.
Your mention of Meryl got me thinking of when a woman last won the oscar for a comedy.I think Diane Keaton for 'Annie Hall' was the most recent,before that it was probably Judy Holliday for 'Born Yesterday'!

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That is hard to believe! Jack Nicholson at his finest,you have a treat in store when you get round to it.
It was good to see Martin Scorsese triumph this time.I haven't seen the movie yet but it's top of my "must see" list.
Your mention of Meryl got me thinking of when a woman last won the oscar for a comedy.I think Diane Keaton for 'Annie Hall' was the most recent,before that it was probably Judy Holliday for 'Born Yesterday'!

NO actually it was Mira Sorvino for Mighty Aphrodite.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In no particular order:

The Conversation
The Godfather
The Godfather, Part II
The Godfather, Part III (this, even though not great, is better than most)
Gigi
Mediteraneo
Cinema Paradiso
Out of Africa
Chicago

there are more but for now this is it.