Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Osiris was a true gentleman on and off the board, and I'm honored to count him as a friend.

- - - - - - - - - -

This board has become what it has because of ....???

Maybe people have the idea that just because this is a "cyber space", then it's OK to be rude and in-your-face to people.

But some of us come here to socialize and be amused. Not to "let it all hang out."

- - - - - - - - - - -

I won't be looking back at this thread, so shred my thoughts as you will.

Well, if you and Osiris decide to look back on this thread, be happy he didnt let one of his personas out to you, the results could be more than you could handle. But i'm sure you have someone you could tell about your anger, its good to let it out sometimes.

People always have somewhere they let it out, or else they go postal. You just choose to have the peace maker persona on here as well, which is fine by me. But just because you don't fart in front of anyone doesnt mean other don't fart and have a good time with others.

Great, i found a new gross subject as a comparision. The moral of the story is: Everyone gets gassy and no one likes the smell, but everyone does it. Don't act like you dont, its just embarassing when people act holier than thou about it.

What would you suggest? Screening new members? I have heard the term "quality" bantered around quite a bit for a while now and it smacks of elitism. Who is to decide what or who is quality here? Yes, for quite a while the board has been experiencing more than its share of nastiness and uncouth behavior. But it has been from both individuals one would classify as "quality" as well as trash. Is nastiness and arrogance more acceptable if every word is spelled correctly and grammar and punctuation followed to the letter? Is bile easier to swallow if it is stated in an intelligent and erudite fashion? I am sure there are many individuals who have passed through this site who would consider themselves "quality" but to others there may be a differing of opinion. Bad behavior has no respecter of persons. I have noticed that a number of our members wish to be accorded the benefit of the doubt for being caustic or abrasive and justify it by saying "That is just how I am" or he or she started it first" but then want others banned for firing back. It can be a tough call...

Who decides? The owner. This is a dictatorship and we thrive or fail at the discretion of the dictator. This isn't a democracy by any means and it's unwise to consider it so because it ultimately doesn't function as one. I don't attach a negative connotation to that term. It is what it is. We are here at the pleasure of the forum owner who is empowered to do what he pleases. That's cool. We're guests and it's a case of, his house, his rules. The single best moderated forum I've been on is now the premier A/V forum on the internet and it's managed pretty strictly. The rule is, "debate ideas, not people," and it works. Standards are enforced and it works. As a result, even industry insiders will post because they know the forum members are worth the effort. Posts that degenerate into pissing contests get closed quickly and early when they stray into personal attacks.

The secret to a well-run forum is in having standards and actively monitoring to enforce those standards while respecting diversity of considered opinion, while nixing the, fuck-you-your-mother-smells-of-anchovies opinion.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What would you suggest? Screening new members? I have heard the term "quality" bantered around quite a bit for a while now and it smacks of elitism. Who is to decide what or who is quality here? Yes, for quite a while the board has been experiencing more than its share of nastiness and uncouth behavior. But it has been from both individuals one would classify as "quality" as well as trash. Is nastiness and arrogance more acceptable if every word is spelled correctly and grammar and punctuation followed to the letter? Is bile easier to swallow if it is stated in an intelligent and erudite fashion? I am sure there are many individuals who have passed through this site who would consider themselves "quality" but to others there may be a differing of opinion. Bad behavior has no respecter of persons. I have noticed that a number of our members wish to be accorded the benefit of the doubt for being caustic or abrasive and justify it by saying "That is just how I am" or he or she started it first" but then want others banned for firing back. It can be a tough call...

I think Osiris was one of those rare individuals who even though he may not have agreed with behavor or point of view was able with his sense of graciousness and fair play to listen and give everyone a fair shake. We need more like him. Yes , he could have his fill of bad behavior and would speak out against it but he usually tried to always work with those who would work with him.
You make some very good points. Food for thought indeed.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Has Osiris left the room?
He hasn't posted in the last day. (He's been posting 13 times a day on average.)
In his latest blog entry, he says: "Douglas Adams said it best .... So long and thanks for all the fish. Be well and take care."
In his signature, he repeats the Adams remark, and adds: "Don't PM me. I won't reply."
In his profile, when referring to his blog, he titles it: "Musings of a former LPSG member."
In his biography, he says: "No longer here."
I'm often out of the loop, but this seems sudden.
I didn't know Osiris well, but liked him. Did all the turmoil and commotion on the board drive him off?
The short answer seems to be yes.:frown1:

Yes, he's gone. And yes, it's due to the turmoil and commotion of the boards.
I have no words to describe the sadness his void leaves in me. :frown1:
He didn't mention anything specific, I think he just basically felt as though the board was getting a little too rough and that he wasn't enjoying it anymore.
Unfortunately, I've been feeling the same way, but I haven't yet made the decision to leave.
Same here Megs, I've actually been systematically deleting my gallery for just that reason.
I admit it's getting harder to post. LPSG doesn't feel as warm and safe as it used to as I feel the trolls and assholes are getting the upper hand. I'm not at the point of leaving yet though the departures of late really do make me sad...), it's disheartening. If I had just joined and seen the crap going on now I wouldn't begin to post.
These last few weeks have been awful and the decline since summer has been precipitous.
The actual membership has increased since summer. Unfortunately the quality of the members has declined sharply. Is it because most of the new members are under 23? Is it because there has been an influx of young yet mouthy female members? :rolleyes: There is no way to tell.
If I owned this board, which I don't, I'd just clean out the assholes using my royal prerogative. We need some stability and direction.
ROTFLMAO! The last time that happend was right around the time Osiris joined last summer. I seem to recall a 60 page thread starting in protest to that. :rolleyes:

This is such sad news. What a sweet and kind man. He will be missed.:frown1:
Ditto. His departure in retrospect is not sudden, yet I have no words to describe the sadness his void leaves in me. :frown1:

He was a class act, but if Notthe comes back so will he. ;)
Clearly you don't know the real Osiris. :rolleyes: That child delightful though she may be does not control his actions.

I don't know if Arliss causing antagonism recently has anything to do with his leaving, but the timing would lead me to think that it might have.
Don't go there. I recall a time in the not so distant past when you were on everyone's shit list. :rolleyes:

Most people are curious as to what kind of impact they made. They always go back and read it.
I assure you he is very proud of the way the preacher is describing him at his funeral.
:wtf1: What is your damage BHR? For the last few weeks it's as if YOU have woken up on the wrong side of the bed. I often wonder if it is you who are 'off your meds' and not some of the other less liked people here.

I just refuse to be told none of us can say anything other than kind about people who have done some unkind things and leaves when the going gets tough.
You want a prize for being part of the problem rather than part of the solution? Forget it! It will not come from me.:mad::rolleyes:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Who decides? The owner. This is a dictatorship and we thrive or fail at the discretion of the dictator. This isn't a democracy by any means and it's unwise to consider it so because it ultimately doesn't function as one. I don't attach a negative connotation to that term. It is what it is. We are here at the pleasure of the forum owner who is empowered to do what he pleases. That's cool. We're guests and it's a case of, his house, his rules. The single best moderated forum I've been on is now the premier A/V forum on the internet and it's managed pretty strictly. The rule is, "debate ideas, not people," and it works. Standards are enforced and it works. As a result, even industry insiders will post because they know the forum members are worth the effort. Posts that degenerate into pissing contests get closed quickly and early when they stray into personal attacks.

The secret to a well-run forum is in having standards and actively monitoring to enforce those standards while respecting diversity of considered opinion, not just, fuck-you-your-mother-smells-of-anchovies opinion.

One thing I like about this place is that you can call someone an asshole or have an argument with them. I prefer the rule, debate people and ideas.

This place will work itself out. Sometimes it is boring, sometimes not. Everyone is free to come and go as they please.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

The secret to a well-run forum is in having standards and actively monitoring to enforce those standards while respecting diversity of considered opinion, while nixing the, fuck-you-your-mother-smells-of-anchovies opinion.

Thank you Jason. I would love to look at that site. Yes, this is a privately owned site. THough I might not call it a dictator ship, Rob E is the owner and like it or not he can make decisions about his site.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay

The secret to a well-run forum is in having standards and actively monitoring to enforce those standards while respecting diversity of considered opinion, not just, fuck-you-your-mother-smells-of-anchovies opinion.

I agree with this to an extent, but i see it from both sides. Let me explain a little bit...

I used to be a part of a huge, like LPSG forum (which was not sex related and contained the opposite ratio, like 98% women) and let me say, this kind of super strict rule system, while the site can still be huge for it, gets almost retarded after a while. Those of us who might not resort to your mother is an anchovy, or whatever it was, still get censored quite a bit because the mods and owners are so sensitive to what someone might take offense to, that threads get zapped into the stratisphere all the time. A lot of good people with ideas that might get translated to a matter-of-fact and tell-it-like-it-is leave because of the stupid rigid rule system.

Now the other side of the coin, i used to run a website with a posting forum and chatroom. It got to damn high maintanence trying to meet the requests of the members that i lost sleep over it. It was so emotionally taxing to try to give everyone what they wanted that it was much easier to let some things work out on their own. Some people will always complain and not handle diverse personalities very well. Valid requests and ideas get ignored because the queu is so full of people complaining about whatever they dont like and expecting me or my Mods to get on someone and throw them off the ship immediately. The mods do have lives and it would be hard to find enough Moderator-worthy people out of this many people to police everyone.

Now lets think about what this place would be like, given the type of site it is, if the mods were all over everyone all the time. It would look like a preschool with teachers giving time outs to everyone. Eventually people would start acting up even worse if there was all sorts of indescriminate banning.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Don't go there. I recall a time in the not so distant past when you were on everyone's shit list.

Not everyone's, but many shit lists. You were on mine, and I would guess that you have been on others'. I tried to learn from my mistakes and improve my experience here, because I like this place.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
:wtf1: What is your damage BHR? For the last few weeks it's as if YOU have woken up on the wrong side of the bed. I often wonder if it is you who are 'off your meds' and not some of the other less liked people here.

I hate to say this NJ, but i'd probably disclose my reasoning for waking up on the wrong side of the bed, but sadly, i've seen people try and get it thrown up to them in jest later in other threads. I've been guilty of it myself, which is why you don't see me getting involved with S&S and Lafever and their personal problems anymore. I cant rightfully do so and feel like a human being anymore.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That would be cool, if we had a shit list button. All your shit list member's posts would be in brown.

I would have 5 on mine.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
While we are on the subject of what we feel the Mods should and shouldnt do, let me also say that while no Police taskforce is perfect, they have a shitty and thankless job. After a while you begin to pop virtual pacifiers in the mouths of the colicky babies to shut them up.

I'm changing my sig to "Have you hugged your Mod today?"

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
bloody hell. he left? once again, i'm blindsighted by another event at LPSG. he just congradulated me in my 1000th post celebration thread. this sucks.

hopefully he'll come back now and then to visit at least.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
bloody hell. he left? once again, i'm blindsighted by another event at LPSG. he just congradulated me in my 1000th post celebration thread. this sucks.

hopefully he'll come back now and then to visit at least.

Thanks for keeping this thread on track. At least someone is. :rolleyes:

I'll miss Osiris too!

PussyWellington

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
All threads that get off track bring out things that should be mentioned because it helps everyone get back on track around here.

Is it possible that you could read more and post less? This is not about you! It's about Osiris and his contribution to the board, which has been more than some nude pictures -- alright?

Some people take their 'celebrity' status here way too seriously!

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Is it possible that you rcould ead more and post less? This is not about you! It's about Osiris and his contribution to the board, which has been more than some nude pictures -- alright?

Some people take their 'celebrity' status here way too seriously!

This has nothing to do with nude pics or celebrity status. I think you're obvious about your issues with me. Be pissed at me for saying what i said, but accusing me of doing it because i have pics on my gallery or status is stupid as hell. Thats half way telling me off which is slightly Pussyish if you ask me.

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Absolute bollocks BHR!!!

You're all just finding another way to get out your opinions and agendas and trample all over everyone elses!!

Osiris was fed up with the animosity on this board, several people have allayed to it in this thread.

I have not posted for yonks cos I just can't be arsed with the animosity on this board.

I've stayed here cos there are several people I have met here and think the world of. But there are so many of you that, as you admit yourself, come here to vent!

Why the fuck should the rest of us, that come here to have fun, amusement and entertainment sit here and either watch others vent at others or have them vent at us?!?!?!

If you want to release some anger, go take up boxing or go for a run or something... don't come shit all over people you hardly know just cos you can!

I am with Jason, this board has got out of control.

To lose someone as good as Osiris is a travesty and a HUGE loss to LPSG.

Now that war doth reign on this board and we've lost a key pacifist, you can watch the numbers dwindle. And once you've lost everyone you like to spit at, what the hell you lot going to do then?

I'm like NJ - my gallery has gone and my profile pretty much gone too...

I come here for fun, to learn and to meet people.

For anatognism and hatred... well there's enough of that in the real world thx! :wink:

To Osiris... I love you and it is this boards loss that you have gone!
Hugs always. KK

ps - I don't believe you'll see him back... which is so sad for the rest of us. Happy?