Osiris Gone?

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Damn, I'm going to miss him very much.

I know I've been kind of bitchy at times on this board, oh well. No one's perfect.

Osiris was always nice on this board. It's too bad he's gone. :17::guilty::sad2:

rexcasual

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like Osiris. He's right to determine when to step away and when to return.

People have real lives that call out for engagement. There was a significant post he made about his family in the past week. When one's family presents a challenge, as many here with growing children will realize, it's time to step back from recreational activities like this place and put the focus where it rightfully belongs.

Also it's been full moon lunacy around these parts lately. AND it's the peak of the February blahs in the northern hemisphere. It shouldn't be surprising that sensitive and responsible folks might need to step away and reconsider their priorities.

I'd wager he knows there are many thoughtful people who appreciate his presence here.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It's too bad a good man like Osiris has decided to check-out. I would think the level and subjects of discussion on this board would get boring for him. He is a reasonable and intelligent fellow who has the ability hold his emotions in check and must be frustrated with all the sniping and baiting lately. I know I am and I cracked yesterday. Sorry for the screaming at l_fever, I took some bait and I always regret doing that. I have started using the ignore feature now and will not be getting into anymore discussions with trolls. I am feeling more and more that the boards here are a drain on my time and energy. The 'fun factor' is not enough to offset the negativity.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
It's interesting how most of us see Osiris in the same light ... kind, reasonable, a peacekeeper, human. I don't think many people create such (relative) unanimity among others.
Someone mentioned that he had family concerns that he expected would take up a lot of time.
Perhaps those made the static on the board more annoying than usual.
When those are dealt with, and when the board's tone smooths off again, maybe Osiris will drop in from time to time.
I hope so.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Osiris sent me (and another member) a PM with some very kind words and his email address.

He said he was no longer having fun here--I am not sure of any of the pertinent details (and I don't want to know). I have been oblivious to most of the drama here lately and I like it better that way (I am sure that having some people on ignore helps with that).

I plan to keep in touch with him in other ways.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's interesting how most of us see Osiris in the same light ... kind, reasonable, a peacekeeper, human. I don't think many people create such (relative) unanimity among others.

Indeed. I know some thought he went way overboard as a peacekeeper but, as he'd mentioned before, he wasn't always like that and sought to change himself, something that takes courage. It's better than the alternative.

Here's to you, Osiris:

"There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to everything."

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Indeed. I know some thought he went way overboard as a peacekeeper but, as he'd mentioned before, he wasn't always like that and sought to change himself, something that takes courage. It's better than the alternative.

At first I found the constant peacekeeping posture a bit much. But then I noticed him acknowledging other sides to his being, and I realized that he had resolved to discipline his passions.
That's just nice.

Here's to you, Osiris:

"There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to everything."

Nice quote, bliss.
May I ask who's speaking?

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Osiris's desire to help,never bit me in the ass.
True friendship and desire to help, cannot hurt me.
It's only the people who profess they are "here to help"
so everyone can see,are usually the ones who's words never ring sincere.
That is my experience with Osiris.
cigarbabe:sasmokin:

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have noticed that a number of our members wish to be accorded the benefit of the doubt for being caustic or abrasive and justify it by saying "That is just how I am" or he or she started it first" but then want others banned for firing back.

Like arliss, right? Is that why you've systematically ignored the fact that he's never contributed anything to this board except trying to incite people?

I've got room on my shit list for all of you.

Does this involve scat? That's hot. Can I be on your shit list in that case?

About Osiris-- I'm really sad to see him go. He's a good guy. Red's a good woman. It's sad to see that they aren't getting along anymore. I don't think Osiris will be easily replaced.

thoreau

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I never really talked to Osiris. I haven't been at LPSG for very long and I haven't made many meaningful connections with other members yet. But, I was able to read some of his post in the different forums while I have been here and I can see that he is a kind and insightful person and it's unfortunate when there is the lost of such a person whatever realm you find them in.

And judging form the responses of the people who knew him best he was a decidedly decent man and good natured friend. I regret then for myself that I didn't have the time and opportunity to know him better.

So I would like to raise up my glass and offer a toast to honor Osiris.

"Farewell, God-Speed, and Good Luck"