Other Michael Bublé fans out there?

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Hy, I went to a concert of Michael Bublé last November and I was blown away about his powerful voice and performing. Since then I become a big fan of him!
I love the fact that he sings a lot of old songs and also that his new songs have that old instrumental thing in it.
Are there others that share this with me? I just changed my avatar with his latest CD.

Ciao

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
Big fan here, and I'm envious that you got to see him in concert. For a guy your age to have appreciation for the old 'standards' warms the heart and gives me hope for today's youth! lol.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
he has a decent voice. Not big time into this genre but its ok for entertainment purposes. was born in the mid 50's and listened to this because my parents had it on the radio. It was that or Blue Grass or Country music or Gospel. I didn't hear Rock n Roll untill I was in like 11th grade and fell in love right off the bat. Problem was that I learn piano and organ to this type of music and converting my knowledge to Rock was very difficult at best. Drugs were a good help to get in the grove so to speak but I got over the Jazz genre very quickly.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Well, I like the songs from Sinatra too, but something in Michael's voice is that seductive, don't know what it is, but I love it, just jealous of his voice, wish that I could sing that great.
And another really positive thing about his shows is that the voice is the same as at the CD, no false notes! (and he don't playback), he is also a great entertainer! best show I ever went!

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I prefer something more original, with balls. His musics too bland. You should never like the same music as your granny!

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
I prefer something more original, with balls. His musics too bland. You should never like the same music as your granny!

I accept the fact that you like other music more, but I don't think it's a good point of view to say that this is granny-music because it's not. In my opinion I think it's real music, where people actually sing, where there are instruments, ... I think it's pitty that most people my age think that this is old music and don't respect it. But yeah, what can I do about. I just want that people appreciate my music-style like I appriciate their music-style.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't appreciate tribute acts. Which is basically what he is. He totally taps into that whole Sinatra nostalgia vibe. You may as well just dig up some Sinatra music. I don't think he offers anything new or exciting. Thats fine, but he's a follower not a leader. Its not like his personality is electrifying either. I'll pass, thanx. You enjoy if it makes u happy.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I don't appreciate tribute acts. Which is basically what he is. He totally taps into that whole Sinatra nostalgia vibe. You may as well just dig up some Sinatra music. I don't think he offers anything new or exciting. Thats fine, but he's a follower not a leader. Its not like his personality is electrifying either. I'll pass, thanx. You enjoy if it makes u happy.

Clearly he's not breaking new ground ... and if your taste requires that (and there's no reason why it shouldn't), Buble won't do much for you.
He's not my favorite singer, but I do enjoy him.
Sometimes I wish there were more 'bite' in his performances.
As you say, his personality is a bit bland.
Very good voice, though, and real musicality.

colefan

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I really dig Michael Bublé. He has an amazing oldschool voice and his songs are excellent. Home is probably his best but his duet with Nelly Furtado on Quando Quando also deserves a mention.

I think Michael Bubble is amazing!

Ive seen the light...:biggrin1:

Michael 'Bubble'?!!! lmao.

Haven't heard him sing, but think he's going out with that actress, Emily Blunt. He's quite popular over here tho, for ppl who are into classy stuff.

Anyone who likes his music tho - do you like Jamie Cullum or Josh Groban, at all? - cos I think they might be quite similar, and they're meant to be good.

Last edited by a moderator:

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Michael 'Bubble'?!!! lmao.

Haven't heard him sing, but think he's going out with that actress, Emily Blunt. He's quite popular over here tho, for ppl who are into classy stuff.

Anyone who likes his music tho - do you like Jamie Cullum or Josh Groban, at all? - cos I think they might be quite similar, and they're meant to be good.

Jamie Cullum and Josh Groban are quite different then Michael Bublé, especially by voice. They sing good too, but don't have the power in their voice. So not that familiar. :smile:

Ah, ok man. Michael Buble more operatic in sound at all? Or traditional lounge/standard singing?

I've got typical 30-something Brit taste, myself. Bit of indie, electronic etc. Like all kinds of different stuff tho, if it's good :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: