Ouch - Ingrown Hair

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by rope9839, Sep 17, 2004.

1. rope9839

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have what appears to be an ingorwn hair on the underside of the shaft of my cock - about midway up. It is swollen, red and hurts like a mofo.

Any suggestions on treating this or minimizing its pain and duration.

When I get them in other spots, I usually have to dig them out with a needle and tweezers. I am a little leary of usuing this technique on my unit.

2. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

3. Imported

Gold Member

suaige: only got one, it wasn't there though. when it got enflamed I tried to pop it ( thought it was a pimple, got just enough of it to come out to pull it out with a toothpic, it was 1/4 inch long.

4. RICKY_27

RICKY_27 Well-Known Member

Albums:
    An 'ingrown hair' ANY place on the body is an infection of the hair folicule and should NOT be opened with any kind of needle. The remedy is to use antibiotic ointment such as POLYSPORIN (there are generic brands available at WalMart and Walgreens and CVS) at least TWICE a day (the best time is after bathing because the pores of the skin are open and disposed to absorb the medication). There are some cases when topical 'meds' do not work, then you will need an oral antibiotic from a 'doc' (typically a 10 day course of treatment will do it).

DEE, I am NOT trying to dispute your experience because it has worked for you and you have been LUCKY!! Some other dudes may not be so fortunate. Infections of any type are a VERY serious matter and should be treated carefully to prevent complications.

RICKY_27

Draft saved Draft deleted