Our South Florida Meet-n-Greet went Great.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Friday night we met at Bills in Wilton Manors. I met Lex there with his man Bubba. Later Bbucko, Gymfresh and Nick8 showed up. At around Midnight they had a best chest contest and Bucko almost blew out his voice cheering for the 300 pound guy who ended up winning.

A little after midnight we left and went to the Fort Lauderdale Riverwalk to say hi to Vinylboy who was in town DJing at a club there. The crowd at the club was very young, you had to be 21 to get in, but they all looked 16. We stayed there a while and then went back to Alibi for a drink and we got there very late around 2:30 and closed that place down.

Saturday evening was the official Meet-n-Greet. We met at the Sushi/Chinese buffet. At this gathering was Me, Bucko, Nick8, gymfresh, Lex, Bubba, Topdudeftl, and hung9mike stopped by for about 10 minutes.

After dinner, since it was still too early to hit the clubs we decided to go to the boardwalk (called Broadwalk) at Hollywood beach. Only me, Bucko, Nick8 and gymfresh went. It was a beautiful night and we walked several blocks along the boardwalk and out to when a ramp leads to the sand.

We then headed back to Alibi for a drink and Lex and Bubba met us there, they left a little earlier than we did. We had a very nice time and closed that place up again and left around 3:30 AM.

It was a great gathering. Lex and Bubba were great as usual. I had met Nick8 and Vinlyboy briefly at the second NYC Meet-n-Greet. I had met Topdudeftl before one time Lex was here. This was the first time I met gymfresh, and he is a great guy and we got to ride in the amazing car that he and his man have.

Everyone was really great and I hope we can do it again and hope that others can join us. We spoke a lot about Jason Els on Saturday at Alibi. This gathering was a small tribute to him and we were very sad that he was not around to enjoy it.

funnyguy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It sounds so great! I was thinking of you guys and wishing that I were there. I am glad you thought of Jason and I know he would have wanted you all to have a great celebration and meeting.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Glad to see some of you guys at the club on Friday. I wish I could of met up with you all for dinner as originally planned on Saturday, but last minute things tend to arise when you least expect it.

funnyguy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Sorry that the guys missed your more recent post, Mem. I keep checking on any later entries in your post as Jason was so very special to me.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Its thread like this that make me jealous all the people id like to meet are in other countries bar one or two. Im glad you guys had fun. It sounds like a good two days.

You should try to organize your own, it's easier if you are in a populated area and get a group of online friends together.

Mem glad all went well. Wish I had a chance to attend!:wink:

Hopefully you can make it down here for a future meet-n-greet

It sounds so great! I was thinking of you guys and wishing that I were there. I am glad you thought of Jason and I know he would have wanted you all to have a great celebration and meeting.

It really was great, I'm glad Jason was a part of it in spirit and conversation, and I learned new things about him.

I enjoyed seeing everyone too, even if it was only briefly. Next time I'll plan to hang around for a while. :tongue:

It was nice to see you, if you stick around next time you will see how much fun it is.

Please! We all had such a great time; you really missed out. It was wonderful meeting you, though, but too brief.

Yes it was great fun.

Take me with you next time too :cool:

Come on down.

Glad to see some of you guys at the club on Friday. I wish I could of met up with you all for dinner as originally planned on Saturday, but last minute things tend to arise when you least expect it.

Next time you come down we can hopefully spend more time together.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I was too excited about this thread and posted it while 3 of the people who participated were still on vacation in Florida.

I expected that this thread would have gotten a better response, but it just goes to show you how much this place has changed.

I was very disappointed that people who I was online acquaintances with couldn't be bothered to say "wow sound's great, I'm glad you had such a nice time"

Last edited:

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
We had a great time, Mem, and, in the end, that is all that matters.

Special thanks to you and gymfresh for all your efforts in trying to get a lot of people to come out (at any point).

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Thanks for the great summary, Mem! Because Nick8 stayed with us, my partner and I also got the chance to do some other fun events over the weekend with him, including a boat cruise and dinner with him and Bbucko at Rosie's in Wilton Manors. Also a teddibly British lunch including bangers in baps at the Frog & Toad. We spent a lot of time remembering our friend Jason and noting specifically how much he had wanted to make this very trip.

I'd love to see us do this a few times a year, so folks should post here when they're going to be vacationing (or working, like VinylBoy!) in our beautiful area.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

It was still great to meet you at the club! And we'll all do dinner next time. BTW, the folks were absolutely into the music in your room.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Its thread like this that make me jealous all the people id like to meet are in other countries bar one or two. Im glad you guys had fun. It sounds like a good two days.

Not sayin' I'd necessarily make your list, but I'm in the UK for 10 days starting this Friday and would be really glad to meet some of you guys & gals.