Outback Sucks

AmiralMauth

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I ate there once when I was meeting some kinsmen in Arizona. The "Bloomin' Onion" was an interesting experience, but I don't recall enjoying the food very much... I don't have much of a taste for Western cuisines at all, now that I think of it.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes! The Blooming Onion! That was the fried onion thing. I normally don't eat fried food, but I was so underweight my entire pregnancy that my doctor told me to eat donuts because I needed to gain the weight. We were on a trip and I was too tired to leave the hotel that night and go searching for a restaurant, so we ate at the Outback that was on the first floor. I can't remember eating anything else, but knowing me I probably went for salmon, for the EFAs for the baby's brain.

I prefer local places with a good reputation to food over large chain restaurants, but I will eat at one when I'm travelling and hungry and it happens to be conveniently located.

Lone Star is worse. So bad in fact they closed up shop.
There's a really good Lone Star over here I went to - but...don't think it's part of the same chain.

My family went to the US recently and are quite into Golden Corral and Cracker Barrel, lol.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There's a really good Lone Star over here I went to - but...don't think it's part of the same chain.

My family went to the US recently and are quite into Golden Corral and Cracker Barrel, lol.

When I'm on the road, I look for Cracker Barrel. They have a cool policy: if they have the ingredients to make something that isn't on the menu, they'll do it. I've never done it, but I still think it's neat that they do that.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Gah, Outback is gross. I'm forced to go there on occasion because I have a few friends that consider it their favorite restaurant *shudders.*

Petite, the onion... :sour: blech, so disgusting. I hate onions unless they are well hidden and only compliment a dish. Just a great big onion, fried... looks like worms when you pull the fried stuff off.

Their salads suck, the seafood is horrifying... nope, I hate Outback.

The Keg has started to cross the border into the US. We had a nice dinner there a couple months back. Outback blah. I'm better with meat than they are.

poultrygeist

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
What ever chemicals Outback puts on the steaks to tenderize them, makes their food move right through me...quickly

same here.

As such, I never eat there any more, at least the ones that are near me.

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I have never eaten at a golden corral, but I concur that cracker barrel is a very good restaurant! I haven't been to one in a while, though. Its usually a common place for my family to eat when we go road travelling somewhere, which we haven't done for a few years.

When you come over ill take you there. :)

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
I like Outback. I liked it a lot when I lived in the US and I still like it in Asia. Not counting fast food, Outback is actually the only American restaurant chain in my area. Well, at least the only one that hasn't changed it's menu to suit local tastes. So, I go there whenever I get a chance.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I have to agree with Hick and the Dragon (don't fall off your perch). Faux everything. I can't stand those type of places.

Last edited:

monel

Sexy Member
Media
Yeah. I agree with the theme of the thread. Sadly I used to enjoy the Outback about fifteen years ago when it was first emerging on the scene. Once established it went down hill rapidly. I used to enjoy the Drover's Platter but its not even on the menus anymore. Haven't been to the place in years.