Outdoor Showers At The Beach

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Down at St Kilda beach here in Oz they still have the classic outdoor showers, where there is basically a spout and a long thin rod coming out of the ground with no barriers and nothing stopping anyone looking as you rinse off the salt water while you wearing your skimpy speedos or tight board shorts. Lost count of the amount of rugby and football players that get a quick rinse off after their beach training sessions :redface:

Personally I love using them because it is easier and much cleaner than using the old showers in the stinky brick style rooms, and some guys do look really sexy rinsing out their hair and soaping up in the open, though being completely naked would be nicer to see while they do it for obvious reasons.

Fire Stick

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
This post reminds me of something that occurred last month while I was on vacation. I was in the Caribbean, on the Dutch island of Curacao, and one of the beaches I visited – a private beach with a nominal charge for admission – had nice (gender-separated) facilities with toilets, sinks, showers, and changing areas. After spending the afternoon on the beach, my body was coated with a mixture of sunscreen and sand, and so before I left, I took advantage of the facilities to change out of my swimsuit and to get cleaned up. Some of the men using the showers were rinsing off without removing their swim suits, but others were stripping down completely. Since I am never bashful in these situations, I peeled off my Speedo to do a thorough job of washing away all the slimy grit. The situation was not a "cruisy" one – the beach was crowded with tourists, primarily from the Netherlands, and primarily families or straight couples. Nonetheless, I have never been to any public place where there is nudity where most of the men do not discretely check each other out, so I did not even give it a thought when I caught this guy looking at my gents. He was a Dutch man about my age, and he was there showering with a teenage boy who was clearly his son. Instead of him looking away when I caught his gaze, he spoke to me very pleasantly in English and stated that I must be an American. I confirmed his conclusion for him, assuming that he had reached it because he plainly saw my penis to be circumcised, unlike his. He then offered, very casually, that I was very large and joked that that he did not fill out the front of his suit as well as I did. In reply, I just chuckled, shrugged, and agreed that tight racing style swimsuits (worn by many or even most European men) were revealing, for better or for worse.

I know many of us here at LPSG have had, and have shared, experiences where our large penises solicit reactions, but this is one of those times where I was surprised. I was not surprised by being noticed, but I was surprised by him commenting on it so openly and comfortably in that particular setting, with other men around, including his own son. I wonder whether he was a bit odd (he didn’t appear to be, otherwise) or if the Dutch are just typically a lot more laid back about these types of things. If it is more the case of the latter, then this is a probably a good thing. I like the idea of having fewer hang-ups.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Fire Stick: Good story! Europeans, in general, are more laid back than Americans, especially about nudity. I could totally see the guy commenting on your penis the way a weightlifter would comment on another guy's muscles with no weird agenda.

musclebare9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao - all great islands. The beaches aren't intended to be nude beaches but it frequently happens to different degrees. Most people seem to be very comfortable with it. It is a refreshing escape from the standards of the US.

Robertnlbe

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Dutch here and yes, europeans are way more easy on being nude.
I was on a cruise over Xmas in the Carribean, the only one on board wearing speedos. I get an incredible rash with trunks and innershorts so I have no alternative.
Anyway, I was quite amazed how many american guys were starring at me at the pool and even more, hitting the sauna when I did after my daily workout. Suddenly all the prejudice and inhibitions went. 2 fathers of sons during daytime sucked me of in the showers. I´m bisexual so I didn´t mind lol.
My wife knows I´m bisexual, we don´t make a big deal of it.