Outing of Congressional Staffers

Are closeted GOP staffers entitled to a private sex life?

• Total voters

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Outing is quite a concept.​

As best I can tell it's an attempt to discredit someone by saying he's a member of a group that's perfectly normal if not superior. It seems that instead of increasing the groups stature through positive action it plays upon and perpetuates a negative social stigma the group otherwise decries.​

Interesting to my already twisted enough mind.​
Shelby, that is at least part of the point the "pro-outing" group is trying to make. The only ones threatened with "outing" are the ones who are using the social stigma as a rung on their political ladder. Hypocrites, beware. That's what is being exposed, they hypocrisy. joyboytoy, this addresses part of your comments, too.

Once a politician stigmatizes homosexuals to garner "conservative" support, he INVITES scrutiny.

Stay out of my bedroom, and I won't give yours a second thought. Once you start breaking down my door, be prepared for whatever fallout that may bring. Step on my rights, and I'll step right back on yours. Try to oppress me, and I'll out you. Mind your own biz, and I'll mind mine.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
The sex lives of congressional staffers wouldn't be an issue if the Republican party had not made it one. It is hard to argue that privacy rights extend to Republican staffers, when the party platform specifically states that no "right to privacy" exists in the constitution, and if that same platform didn't oppose women's reproductive rights and all LBGT rights on those grounds. Arguing that staffers have a right to stay in the closet in this case seems like wanting to have their cake and eat it, too.

Shelby, it seems, misses the point. It is not all of society's wrath that is being used against the hypocrites. No one is outing democratic staffers because there is no point. No one cares. It is only the conservative base that gets offended. If you pretend to those values, you better live by them, don't you think?

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Outing is quite a concept.

I call it exposing hypocrisy. If they did not expose a platform that said they they, by their own orientation, were second class citizens and deserved less respect and fewer privileges--if they , instead, fought FOR the rights of every America to live their best life in the way their feel most comfortable and in the manner of their choosing (within the law)--now, there wouldn't be anything to OUT, would there?

These bastards are the definition of hypocrisy and self-hatred. They all need therapy.

Stay out of my bedroom, and I won't give yours a second thought. Once you start breaking down my door, be prepared for whatever fallout that may bring. Step on my rights, and I'll step right back on yours. Try to oppress me, and I'll out you. Mind your own biz, and I'll mind mine.

Yup. All these family value fucktards forget that a man's home is HIS dominion. Stay the hell out of my bedroom. My orientation says nothing about the quality of life I lead or the contributions I make to my community as an active member and educator. Get a fucking grip.

Shelby, it seems, misses the point. It is not all of society's wrath that is being used against the hypocrites. No one is outing democratic staffers because there is no point. No one cares. It is only the conservative base that gets offended. ...

DING DING DING DING!!

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Staffers may not be elected but they are paid public employees who wield a great deal of influence. I agree that a person's sex life should be private, but there's no need in this day and age for a staffer's sexual orientation to be hidden from public view. We no longer live in the dark ages. If people are going to make a living by working for politicians, they need to understand they will be in the public eye and hypocrisy loves the headlines.

Out the hypocrites!