OUTING. who's fair game?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
yes...I believe a person's business is their own business unless their actions affect the well-being of another...
We have a winner!

That's my general philosophy of life, killerb - not just regarding this thread topic. I don't want anyone nosing into my private life, nor trying to make my private decisions for me. As long as I'm harming no one, and whatever I do concerns just me, or me and other consenting adults, it is no other person's business. Period. If what I do affects anyone else's life, then it becomes their business.

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Sounds like pretty much everyone agrees here.

The only question is what do you do to someone who's made your private life their business and broadcasts tales about you?

Often, you can't fight back in any way without making things worse. If what they're saying about you is true, most of the time, you can't even sue them, and if you did, they'd probably get off on the publicity. If you try to get them back by revealing something about their private life, it brings you down to their level - in fact, probably lower in the eyes of everyone else - and most other things you'd want to do would probably land you in prison or at least at the wrong end of a restraining order.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I believe that people who intentionally hurt others will have to answer for their actions in some kind of way. That's why I don't feel the need to seek revenge on anyone who those who have done me wrong...

those who do dirt, get dirt...

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sounds like pretty much everyone agrees here.

The only question is what do you do to someone who's made your private life their business and broadcasts tales about you?
I'm not sure everyone agrees, but it does seem that most everyone fits into one of two categories (or at least claims to): the "it's never ever ok to out anyone" group, and the "it's ok to out only the hypocrites" group.

To address your question, and the comment below,
I believe that people who intentionally hurt others will have to answer for their actions in some kind of way. That's why I don't feel the need to seek revenge on anyone who those who have done me wrong...

It's amusing and pathetic, though, when couple of people have tried playing silly little games like that with me before. They threaten to "tell everyone" about something, and I just laugh at them and say, "like you think they don't know already? That's no threat, it just makes you look stupid."

those who do dirt, get dirt...
This is one of the main reasons I try to live my life honestly, and avoid doing things I think are wrong, or things I would be embarrassed about.

And killerb, I think I'm on the other side of that coin. I mind my own business, but if anyone decides that my business is their business, then they will have to answer for their actions. It's not a revenge kind of thing, it's just that I refuse to allow anyone to continue attempting to harm me.

Last edited:

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
but if anyone decides that my business is their business, then they will have to answer for their actions. It's not a revenge kind of thing, it's just that I refuse to allow anyone to continue attempting to harm me.

DC, what exactly would you do? I know sometimes I'd LIKE to get back at people, but I feel like it would compromise who I am...