Outkast or "my favorite ill things"

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Imported, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

inquiringmind: Hi Guys ,
    This is riffing on the Raal Laxx thread. We were discussing bizarre things... Well, I want any of you who have not experienced the group Outkast  to check them out! They are the Bomb! Check out their video for the song,"Heh Ya". They even made David Letterman get up out of his chair. They are the spiritual love children of Sammy Davis, jr.  and George Clinton. There is hope for American Music yet... Go to www.launch.com and check them out!

Inquiring mind

2. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: I'm "Sorry Ms. Jackson", but "The Whole World" hasn't heard of them yet...ok, this is getting hard....but they are good - I don't generally like hip hop...but...

3. Imported

Gold Member

da_blissmachine: some guys in my HS biology class use to sing that whenever htey got in trouble "I'm sorry Ms Neimann.... and I am for reeeal!"

Can you upload sound files here? I have a Bhangra remix of that song its hilarious!

4. Imported

Gold Member

awellhungboi: I haven't heard them. :( Monstro needs to pay more attention.

But, God, I love Sammy Davis Jr.

I watched the American Masters documentary on James Brown the other night! Wow. He's amazing.

5. Imported

Gold Member

inquiringmind: So ,
    were you born a couple of decades too late ,your magnificence? A rat pack fan too,eh? We do have to talk!
    There is too much parity here... :)

Inquiring mind

6. Imported

Gold Member

awellhungboi: Who can take a rainbow . . . .

Gotta love the Candyman! I admit, I'm just a frustrated song and dance man at heart.

7. Imported

Gold Member

jackinman: Sammy Davis Jr. was one of my all time favorites too.
    One of his classic songs was "Mister Bogangles"
    Man do I love that song.

8. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: Last year, "The Whole World" drove me nuts! Why? Because I heard it always at the end after the lyrics ended and I just heard the music. It was so catchy, but the song was never introduced. It drove me mad and caused me to get back into pop music just to find it. I downloaded everything on the Top 40 Billboard chart and some of the Rap chart. I eventually found it after sending a clip of the end I caught one day to someone. Whew. I hate it when DJs don't ID a songs.

9. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

I have to admit, it's rather strange that they've released three songs almost simultaneously. I don't think I've been driving back and forth from campus and haven't heard "The Way You Move," "Hey Ya," or "Last Call" (first exposure tonight on a digital radio station).

Even if it's a bit eclectic and out there, the boys are still doin' ther thang and it feels great. Big Boi's really mellow in "The Way You Move," perfect song to cruise home to after a long night of partying. "Hey Ya" makes me involuntarily bounce in the car. (All right, All right, All right, All right, All right, All right, All right, All right, All right, All right, All right, All right...) "Last Call" is good, too; haven't quite formed an opinion on it yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted