OUTRAGE (the movie)

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Yeah, I'm watching far too much television while I'm back in the USA. The other night I sipped iced tea and watched OUTRAGE, which played from 2:00 to 3:30 AM on HBO.

It opened in theatres last May 8th, but now is broadcast in secret late at night on HBO? For those of you (are you out there the He/She and Holy It?) who wonder why it's always Republicans who are "outed" for sexual proclivities that are not part of the GOP's party platform, this documentary is a must see. At least it's a good place to start.

The synopsis: Academy Award nominated filmmaker Kirby Dick (This Film Is Not Yet Rated) delivers a searing indictment of the hypocrisy of closeted politicians who actively campaign against the LGBT community they covertly belong to. OUTRAGE boldly reveals the hidden lives of some of our nation’s most powerful policymakers, details the harm they've inflicted on millions of Americans, and examines the media's complicity in keeping their secrets.

Has anyone else seen this? I found it very amusing that Florida's Governor Crist has a string of butt buddies who can attest to his tendency to enjoy sex with men instead of women, even though he recently married a whispy blonde thing who now poses as his beard. What is it about self hating Republicans?

Anyway, the taped interrogation of Larry Craig was amusing to listen to.

Anyone else seen this little gem of an embarrassment to the Log Cabin Republican Community? :biggrin1:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I agree. It left me with a sense of pissed off indignation. But more importantly, it revealed that I've been extremely naive, lo these many years.

It was finally made public knowledge in the 70s that the alcohol soaked vitriolic Senator Joe McCarthy from Wisconsin who spear-headed the House Un-American Activities Committee in the late 40s and early 50s was a major self-loathing closet case. And then there was his side kick, Roy Cohn, who hid in the closet destroying the lives of good men and women by outing them when being gay was not acceptable. And then Cohn dies of complications due to AIDS in 1986?

But I was amazed at the Governor of Pennsylvania (New Jersey? I dunno, I probably have the wrong State. (I apologize, those of us in the Western States are usually more concerned about water rights than who's slipping it to the sheep) who was outed in office, bearing his soul in the documentary regarding how his life was so much better and how complete he feels now he doesn't have to hide his sexual persuasion.