Overcoming gym shower fear

dude77007

Legendary Member
Media
In the real estate business, a house should have "curb appeal" to appeal to a buyer. Gay or Straight, many guys probably hope that even in a non-sexual context, your dick has some amount of "curb appeal" whether you are showering at the gym, standing at a urinal or naked in a sexual situation. That translates into knowing or hoping that you are either average or above. I'm small and have a gym and a urinal display issue. While I am not the smallest dick at the gym, it's no consolation that there are smaller dicks than mine being displayed openly at my gym. Some are micro penises and but somehow they got over it.
Seeing and touching are two different things. Your Y is worried about what is, or may, be going on below the surface of the bubbles, possibly even due to complaints of unwanted touching.

Yes, there are things going on in steam room. If you spend time in the whirlpool next to steam room, you can see who follows who into the steam room, after being in the whirlpool. Then some come out of the steam room with almost full hard on. Seen a lot of rubbing and tugging in there, but not outright jerking. And yes, they have posted signs about inappropriate behavior. Yes, there are gay people there, but during my regular schedule, there are many middle aged men with wedding rings, displaying and doing some obvious tugging in the steamroom. Now, why would they be doing that? So, I don't know what to think. The Y used to be known as a place where a Straight guy could get a blow job and I've heard that in the 80's and 90's there was a lot going between proportedly straights and gays. What you can't get at home you look elsewhere.

Reactions: Musclepixie2

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
In the real estate business, a house should have "curb appeal" to appeal to a buyer. Gay or Straight, many guys probably hope that even in a non-sexual context, your dick has some amount of "curb appeal" whether you are showering at the gym, standing at a urinal or naked in a sexual situation. That translates into knowing or hoping that you are either average or above. I'm small and have a gym and a urinal display issue. While I am not the smallest dick at the gym, it's no consolation that there are smaller dicks than mine being displayed openly at my gym. Some are micro penises and but somehow they got over it.

Yes, there are things going on in steam room. If you spend time in the whirlpool next to steam room, you can see who follows who into the steam room, after being in the whirlpool. Then some come out of the steam room with almost full hard on. Seen a lot of rubbing and tugging in there, but not outright jerking. And yes, they have posted signs about inappropriate behavior. Yes, there are gay people there, but during my regular schedule, there are many middle aged men with wedding rings, displaying and doing some obvious tugging in the steamroom. Now, why would they be doing that? So, I don't know what to think. The Y used to be known as a place where a Straight guy could get a blow job and I've heard that in the 80's and 90's there was a lot going between proportedly straights and gays. What you can't get at home you look elsewhere.

So, there's this guy that I see at my gym on a very regular basis. He seems to keep the same hours as I do, so we are often in the locker room at the same time when finishing up and getting ready to head to work.

I am a terrible judge of age, but I guess he is in his mid-forties. He's tall - 6' 4" or so, and big, but not in a fat way if you know what I mean. Not well-muscled, but muscular, yes. He works in the state prison system - this I know because after his routine he strips down in the locker room, wipes himself dry if sweaty, and then puts on his uniform. He never showers because, I guess, why bother? He's heading to work in a grungy, smelly, prison.

But, here's the thing - this pretty big guy is hung like a chipmunk. Most surprisingly, he goes out of his way to let everyone see it. How does he do that? When he strips and dresses, rather than facing his locker as nearly everyone else (including myself) does, he turns and faces the open room and even carries on conversations while doing so. His soft cock is barely an inch long!

Now, I fully understand that his erection can be and most likely is totally average or maybe even large. But, I find it interesting that he makes no attempt at all to hide his shrunken appendage after a workout, but rather seems to go out of his way to make sure everyone sees it.

Feathers

Expert Member
Media
I used to shower with teammates all the time when I was younger but then I stopped playing sports for like 10 years until I joined a gym. It never occurred to me that my dick shrinks when I work out. It's still an issue for me because I know my dick is bigger than that so I only go in the shower when there's no one there. I don't mind if they join when Im already in but it has to be empty first.

I used to shower with teammates all the time when I was younger but then I stopped playing sports for like 10 years until I joined a gym. It never occurred to me that my dick shrinks when I work out. It's still an issue for me because I know my dick is bigger than that so I only go in the shower when there's no one there. I don't mind if they join when Im already in but it has to be empty first.

Sports dick. I get it too. Just give your dick a few tugs after you peel off your underwear.

I noticed a couple of young guys at my gym that have recently overcome their gym shower fear. One guy in his early 20s is an employee there. I was shocked to see him walk fully naked into the open shower and use a shower head beside me as well as a couple of other guys. This was a guy who has for the last couple of years constantly covered up, skipped showers, towel danced, would only use the curtained stall in the corner of the open shower room and not even so much as remove his towel until the curtain was sealed tight against the wall. It's good to see him finally get over himself. Not because I was dying to see him naked. He's really just average looking, with an average body and cock.

Another guy that turned 18 this year (you have to be 18+ to use the locker room I use) has also undergone an incredible transformation. Pretty much the same behavior as I described above, except that he has used the shower heads in the open shower room when the stall was occupied, but he would always take the furthest corner to avoid being seen from the wet area and locker room. This time he took the shower head that faces directly out to the wet area and locker room. Again, I wasn't dying to see him naked. Same looks and body wise as above. It's just good to see him get over himself.

I think us guys that are comfortable with nudity need to keep setting positive examples for these young guys that don't have a clue what to do. It's undoing a ton of conditioning and body shame that has been drilled into them their entire lives. When they see other guys like me that don't give a shit who's looking at them and being confident in themselves naked, it sets a positive example. They realize that their fears are unfounded and quite frankly ridiculous to the extreme. No one is going to rape them, and a group orgy will not break out any second. In addition, they must realize that it saves a shit ton of aggravation and inconvenience when they drop the modesty and gets over themselves.

Lookinginconshy

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I agree with AG08. Monday at my gym there was a muscular guy about 35 next to me in the locker room. I was changing out of my swimsuit and was standing naked reaching into my locker. The guy was wrapped up in a towel attempting to put his underwear on. He evidently had some difficult keeping the towel covering himself and getting the undies up and lost his balance . He fell on top of me, knocking me over. His towel fell off and the naked front of his body fell on my side. Something felt cold on my leg. Best part was his right hand landed in my crotch as he tried to catch himself. He scrambled to get up and off of me which was made difficult as his underpants were partially up to his knees hobbling him so I gave him a push away and got a glimpse of the hidden treasure - he had a PA - that’s what felt cold. He quickly attempted to cover himself up and apologized. I told him that’s what happens when you towel dance better to just get naked and not be afraid someone will see you naked in the men’s locker room...we all have dicks so who cares. He looked at me like I was a fucking weirdo and re-wrapped the towel around himself. He wasn’t there when I got back from my shower. Luckily I wasn’t hurt as the area between the benches and lockers is tight.

docsavage

Legendary Member
Media
Ive seen a few guys go into the shower in their underwear. If you dont want to change just just a shower at your house. Its weird that young guys will send dick pics to any girl on snapchat that they barely know but wouldn't just change in a locker room. If you're worried about your size...just chub up first haha. Really no one is looking anyway.

Reactions: RL_Praha

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Ive seen a few guys go into the shower in their underwear. If you dont want to change just just a shower at your house. Its weird that young guys will send dick pics to any girl on snapchat that they barely know but wouldn't just change in a locker room. If you're worried about your size...just chub up first haha. Really no one is looking anyway.

I do not think you can say with any degree of certainty that the guys sending dick pics to any girl on Snapchat are the very same guys who are wearing underwear in the shower.

Likewise, you cannot be certain that those guys wearing underwear are doing so out of shame or fear. It is equally possible that they simply don't want to be ogled by a bunch of perverts.

Lookinginconshy

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I do not think you can say with any degree of certainty that the guys sending dick pics to any girl on Snapchat are the very same guys who are wearing underwear in the shower.

Likewise, you cannot be certain that those guys wearing underwear are doing so out of shame or fear. It is equally possible that they simply don't want to be ogled by a bunch of perverts.

My opinion differs with yours. I agree with docsavage. According to your post are we to assume you are classifying those men who do not hide behind towels as a bunch of perverts ? Going by that assumption, then every man on this website is a pervert as we all look at the pictures other post!!!

Reactions: Beardon

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
My opinion differs with yours. I agree with docsavage. According to your post are we to assume you are classifying those men who do not hide behind towels as a bunch of perverts ? Going by that assumption, then every man on this website is a pervert as we all look at the pictures other post!!!

Not at all. I am just offering the possibility (mind you, I said possibility) that some men just don't like the idea of being looked at and worry about being viewed as a sex object.

When I was a young man, I was vaguely aware that homosexuals existed, but thought of them as rare and obvious. Today's young people live in a world where it is understood that gay men are everywhere.

One also has to consider that cameras seem to be everywhere these days and some people are very uptight about that fact.

slipmoisi

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
When I was a young man, I was vaguely aware that homosexuals existed, but thought of them as rare and obvious. Today's young people live in a world where it is understood that gay men are everywhere.

I'm not sure that's really relevant. Take for instance Germany or many other european countries where nudity is diferentiated from sexuality.
In your typical swimming pool sauna, everobody has to be naked, men and women together. That is, whatever your sexual preferences are, there will be somebody you'd like to see naked.

If you are educated to get socially naked (be it with people of the same sex as it used to be in the US, or with people from both sexes as in Germany), it's no bother.

My guess : the best way to overcome gym shower fear for a guy is to have a male rolemodel show you how it's no big deal (be it a father, a brother, a friend, a sports team, ...)

A

auticor

Bruxelles and Belgium could be different, as in the capital there are a lot of Muslims who don't stay naked in public for religious reasons. Others probably prefer to adapt.

In Finland, they are open about nudity but not really open to strike a conversation with anyone, which is on the contrary typical in Italy.
When I went showering once in a gym in Antwerp I was the only one there. It is a long shaped open shower room with 4 shower heads.
The changing area is right behind the door that leads to the gym. As I said I was the only one in the changing room. I stripped off and walked via a corridor to the shower. I placed my towel on a hook and stepped into the shower area around the corner. I picked the shower in the far end and pressed the button. All soaped you I suddenly saw a young Moroccan Twink walk in to shower area. He was wearing trunks, which was a bit annoying as I was buck naked. I rinsed my head and once I could open my eyes again I looked to the left Into the room hoping he would have taken off his trunks , but he wasn’t there ! When I turned around to rinse my back I saw he was standing behind me in the corner, having a good look at me ! Still with his trunks on. I was too surprised and didn’t say anything. After my gym exercise and because of the nice warm shower my cock was swollen a bit (but not hard). In hindsight I should have had some fun with him, but I was too confused about the trunks. Unfair he got to see mine but I didn’t get to see his.

A

auticor

What bothered me most was that when I thought he had left I assumed I was alone again and started washing the rest of my body, including my ass. I even bent over to wash my feet. He must have had a fab view.
Muslims are not allowed to show their naked bodies but they will enjoy watching somebody else’s - just like anybody else...

RL_Praha

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What bothered me most was that when I thought he had left I assumed I was alone again and started washing the rest of my body, including my ass. I even bent over to wash my feet. He must have had a fab view.
Muslims are not allowed to show their naked bodies but they will enjoy watching somebody else’s - just like anybody else...
It's a shame he didn't reciprocate, but I take at least as much pleasure from being seen as from what I see.

A couple of times in the last few weeks I've had guys coming up to me in the pool shower asking if they can use my shower gel. I wonder how to interpret this...

LondonRel

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I always used to avoid the gym showers, and would cover myself with my hand if I did use it....i don’t know why, am not small (though can get gym shrink when I work out).... but just one day I stopped....I don’t flaunt it now (find it weird when guys waive their dicks around in the gym) but totally fine to get him out and no hiding!

Barkinglad70

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I won't shower in an open space due to shame of my cock. I'm 6'2" tall and built. My balls are big but all of that makes my dick look tiny. Shame of it stops me. Being out-manned by a much larger dick on a guy half my age.

AdamFin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I won't shower in an open space due to shame of my cock. I'm 6'2" tall and built. My balls are big but all of that makes my dick look tiny. Shame of it stops me. Being out-manned by a much larger dick on a guy half my age.
You can always have a reason to cover. And that us fine by me. But your dick is your dick. It has pleased women. It has ejaculated and flooded your whole body with unmatched joy. How can you deny it? All size dicks are in the locker room. Do amazing things with what you have and be proud. My 2 cents.

RamblingCock

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Had an interesting discussion with my wife the other day. She's my age and has started taking classes at a nearby YMCA. I've commented previously that I'm of the "swam nude asa Boy Scout and at the Y, and took group showers in school" generation.

She takes classes at two different Ys, since they both have different offerings on different days. She commented that she was shocked with the older facility because it has open showers and if you walk into the locker room you see naked women showering. I laughed and said this was normal, and said "you know what a woman's body looks like. Didn't you shower in High School?"

She did, but being a cheerleader it was just a few girls after hours, not a communal locker room full of bare skin.

My final verdict: Maybe it's an older guy thing. We were raised that way, and see undue modesty as depressing. We all have bodies, so having the feeling you need to hide yours is kinda sad.

(My next blog entry is going to be on the subject of experiences growing up. Stay tuned.)